Status: Hello :) Comment, Rate, Subscribe

Alex, Anna, and ED

The Coffee Shop

When Alex first met Anna, she was telling off a barista at Starbucks for adding cream to her coffee, and not only a barista but the one he’d had his eye on for a few months now.
“Do your job, Tiffany. I ordered black coffee, not coffee with crème!” She exclaimed to the girl behind the counter, pushing her cup back to the barista.

“But Anna, you need-“ The barista, named Tiffany, started.

Anna put her hand up in a stop motion and shook her head. “I don’t need anything Tiffany, okay? Mind your own business, god!” She huffed and walked off just leaving her coffee at the counter.

Alex figured the two girls must be close that they’re on a first name basis, so after he ordered his coffee and shot a smile at Tiffany, he decided that he was going to try to console the girl Anna and maybe get some more information about Tiffany. He’s been flirting with her every day for a few months now, but never had the courage to ask her out, she just didn’t seem to be interested in flirting back. She would smile at him, and wink with those brown eyes, but she didn’t talk much.

Alex walked over to the distraught girl sitting in an armchair in the corner of the shop. She also had brown hair and brown eyes, so he decided to say, “Hello, do I know you?”

She looked up from her lap and gave him a weird look, “Um… no?”

“Oh,” he played it off, “you just look really familiar.”

“Well,” she started, “People say that my sister, who just took your order, and I look very alike, maybe that’s why.”

Cha ching! They were sisters; he could definitely get some information about Tiffany. “Yup! That’s it. You two really do look alike. Are you twins?”

Anna laughed internally. She was nine years older than Tiffany. Just wait until she told Tiffany about this one.

“Not quite.” She answered.

Alex didn’t know what to make of that answer, so he decided to change the subject, “What’s your name?” Of course he knew because of the conversation she had with her sister that he overheard, but he thought it polite to ask anyway.

“You know, this is kind of creepy. Not many tall, attractive men strike up a conversation with me in a coffee shop.” She had her finger on her chin like she was deep in thought.

Alex was beaming on the inside when he heard her call him attractive. But, wait, this is not Tiffany, this is his sister. He pushed the thought away and sat down in the armchair next to her.
“Well, like I said, you looked very familiar. Now I know why! Also, I noticed you got upset up there,” he gestured to the counter, “and just wanted to see if I could cheer you up.”

She sighed, “I’m Annabelle, though you can call me Anna, everyone does.” She didn’t like the fact that he was eavesdropping, but then again, he probably couldn’t help it. It’s not like she kept quiet while scolding Tiffany.

“I’m Alex,” he said, holding out his hand for a shake, “it’s a pleasure to meet you”

She shook his hand, “Wow, I didn’t know real gentlemen still existed.”

He laughed joyfully with a bright smile on his face, “There’s no other way to act towards a pretty lady than gentlemanly.”

She blushed, but said nothing.

“Plus, I was wondering if I could pick your brain.” Alex continued on to avoid an awkward silence.

“About?” Anna asked curiously while picking at the strings on her jeans.

“Your sister, she’s beautiful,” He started and he visibly seen Anna’s face fall, “I just wanted to know if she’s single or-“

“Oh.” Anna said, looking slightly embarrassed. For a moment she thought he was flirting with her. “Well, she’s single, but you’re not her type if you know what I mean.”

Alex didn’t really understand and just sat there confused.

“She likes girls.” Anna stated matter-of-factly.

She was gay. Alex chuckled to himself. Of course she was. That would explain her not catching onto his flirting with her over these many months.

He nodded his head in understanding, “Oh cool.”

“Yeah, sorry.” Anna said coolly, “About the whole gay thing and about me ending this conversation because my ride’s here.”

“It’s okay,” he said as she stood up and held her hand out for another hand shake, “it was nice meeting you, Anna.” He shook her hand and noticed it felt so right in his, he was hesitant to let go.

She flipped her long brown hair, identical to Tiffany’s, over her shoulder as she walked towards the door, “You too Alex.”

“See ya Tiff!” she called out.

Then she was gone. And Alex sat there confused, confused by what he felt when he touched her hand. It felt like instant chemistry and he had never felt that before, not even with Tiffany. Especially not with Tiffany. He shrugged it off and left Starbucks, planning on coming back the next day, not for Tiffany, but in hope that he will cross paths with Anna again
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy :)