The Special One

Un (oon)

I heard a tapping on my window, and immediately I perked up. Looking over, I smiled when I saw Oli sitting outside my window. It was early in the morning. The sun had just come up, and frankly, it made Oli look like some punk-emo-scene Jesus.

I went over to the window and unlocked it, sliding it open.

"Hey," Oli whispered, climbing into my bedroom.

"Hey. Why are you here so early?" I questioned in a whisper.

"Well, I happened to get two tickets to a concert. I've never shown them to you, but you'll love them. So when you 'leave' for school, we'll go to it," He grinned, holding up two tickets. A grin slipped onto my face as I nodded.

"I promise you'll love them. Meet me at the spot in an hour." With that, he climbed back out my window and climbed down to the ground. It always amazed me how he was always determined to make me happy, even if that meant climbing to the second storey of a house to get to my window.

I closed the window softly, locking it again. I fixed the curtains. I pulled on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, then went into the bathroom to fix my hair and brush my teeth.

I softly touched my Polaroid camera when I went back to my room. It was slightly broken, something that would take me around 10 minutes to do, but I've never had the time -or motivation- to do it. This was a good of time as any, since I wasn't going to school.

I was slipping into a hoodie when my alarm rang, signalling it was time for me to leave. Grabbing my bag that had my camera tucked in it, I left, not bothering to say bye to my "mom."

See, I was an orphan with adopted parents. Sure, they were great and all, but they weren't my actual parents. I knew that, since I was put up for adoption when I was four, yet my older brother got to stay with them. Plus, my so-called wonderful dad would have drunken rages and beat the ever-living shit out of me.

Oli saw it once through the window before I let him in. I had to basically keep him in my closet so he wouldn't cause trouble with my dad. I didn't want him to get hurt, because as much of a good fighter as Oli is, my dad was a huge, muscle-covered man. Nobody could take on a bull.

I saw Oli sitting on top of the monkey bars when I got to the park, smoking a cigarette.

"That's gonna give you lung cancer," I teased. He looked at me and laughed, dropping the cigarette on the ground. He jumped down and stubbed it out with his foot.

"There, happy?"

"Very," I answered, smiling like an idiot.

"We still have four hours to kill before we even have to start making our way there. We can go eat some shit or something." I gave him an unimpressed look.

"What?"

"I could be at school and just leave at lunch. My photography class is before lunch and I actually fixed my camera," I whined. He just laughed again, and started walking. I walked along side him, watching from the corner of my eye as he stuffed his hands in his pockets.

Damn him. I've never been attracted to anyone really, but if someone asked, I would stick with the social norm and say I'm straight. I've never had an interest in girls, yet I've never had an interest in guys. Oli... Oli was an exception. I found myself pulled towards him.

He's never told me his sexuality, and I think it confused him. He would think a moment before he answered "straight." He always talked about how girls were giant cunts, and he constantly got annoyed by him, but if he was drunk, he would be over any girl who would let him.

"I would like a triple pumpkin spice double Ugg boot caramel white iPhone low-fat whipped yoga pants infinity sign latte," I mumbled under my breath as we entered a Starbucks. Oli bursted into laughter, causing a few people to glance at him. I laughed softly, going up to the counter and ordering for Oli and I. He absolutely loved coffee, so we came here a lot.

"Did you get extra coconut milk?" He asked hopefully.

"Yes I did, you vegan," I teased. He grinned, picking our usual table. It was in the corner of the shop, against the window. I went up to the counter and got our coffees, then sat across from him.

"So, what's the band?" I asked, taking a sip of my coffee. He took a few sips before answering, taking his time and keeping me waiting.

"Beartooth (Yes, I know. They came out in 2012. Fight me.)," He eventually answered.

"Who the hell is Beartooth?"

"A cool as fuck band. You'll love their music since you like the other music I introduced you to," He said cockily. I rolled my eyes, but smiled anyway.

"When are you gonna get a girlfriend, Tommy?" He teased.

"When you get one," I teased back. He laughed, flicking my hand softly.

"I've banged tons of girls, though. You don't even touch yourself to the thought of one."

"How do you know that? Have you been watching me, Oliver?"

"Because you're innocent as fuck. I'm surprised you know what sex is." I pouted at him, taking another sip. I was in a public high school in the bad part of town. I would prefer if I didn't.

"You're right. I touch myself to the thought of a dude," I joked, but it was half true. I wouldn't mind wanking to the thought of Oli.

"Oh? I thought you said you weren't attracted to either? You weird asexual."

"I don't know. I've been looking it up and talking to people and Leslie said I'm probably demisexual." He made a weird face.

"Demisexual is not immediatly sexually attracted to anyone. You have to form a deep relationship with them. Well, that's putting it simply." He grinned like an idiot.

"Yeah? Who's that special person that's got Tommy all stomach-tied?" A blush covered my cheeks. There was no way in hell I was telling him.

"Fuck you. That's who," I stated.

"Tell meeeeeeee," He whined.

"No."

"Toooooooom."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because Oliver, it's only been a year that I've known you. I barely know your last name, so I save my crushes for people I know better."

"My last name is the same as yours!" I laughed, finishing my coffee. He finished his too, and we got up and left.

"Some of my best mates are coming," He said after we walked a bit.

"I know Lee, who are the others?" I asked.

"You'll see," He grinned, and led me to Lee's house. Once Lee joined us and we all greeted each other, we started walking somewhere new.
♠ ♠ ♠
The French is like
Word (pronunciation)
so
Un (oon)