Status: This is a very completed story!

I.L.Y

I'm Losing You

The environment was cool and crisp, haunting anyone who had a weak mind. Fog surrounded the entire cemetery, but she wasn’t scared. The emotion she was feeling now was sadness and guilt. She couldn’t think of anything to say to her grandfather that would’ve given him a more peaceful death. But now that she was visiting him at this hour, she tried to pour her heart out thinking of words to tell him. She thought of the memories and tried to word them so they seemed happy. She just couldn’t bring herself to tell him about the thanks she wanted to repay him when he was still by her side. That was probably because he left too soon.

Sarah knelt down at her grandfather’s grave. She stayed glued to the ground, staring at the tombstone’s inscriptions; holding her tears back. He was one of the last people in the entire world to comfort her in times of suffering. Her mother left her and her father to rot just when they went bankrupt. When she left, her father went crazy, attempting to put his life back on track. But it was so difficult for him. He was a sickly man who tried his best in his work, but eventually he died of a heart ailment. She was left to fend for herself on the streets, and there an old man was. He gave her salvation, and she was eternally grateful.

“Why’d you have to leave?” she told the cold tombstone. And her tears finally fell.

Her head hung lower as she stared at the white rose she was going to put as a symbol for her thanks. She held it in her shaking hands. It wasn’t that cold since she was wearing a thick white dress under her long black coat. Her hands were also covered in gloves that helped keep the cool breeze away. Her sobs got stronger and finally the rose fell. She cupped her face in her hands then silence followed.

“Excuse me,” a low tone chimed. “A lady shouldn’t be out here alone at this hour.”

She looked to the direction of the voice. It was the man that her grandfather had given to her as a fiancé.

“It seems you came to visit him too, Ethan.” she said sniffing and wiping off the snot.

“Of course. He was the one who gave you to me,” he paused. “Besides, you’re not related to him at all, so we should quickly be off.”

Sarah gave out a long sigh. “Can’t you be patient for once? He may not have been important to you, but he will always be my saving grace. Can’t you understand?” she told him softly. Her eyes were sore and she was such in a depressed state. She would now rather be by the tombstone than in her own home with this man. She wanted to recount everything he’s given her these past two years. It hasn’t been a long time but she quickly became attached to the old man. He gave her shelter, food on her plate, and clothes. He even gave her a companion and friend, and he gave her a father figure to replace the one she dearly loved.

She still stayed on the ground. Her legs were going numb from her position and the cold temperature. The coat didn’t do enough to warm her up, so Ethan removed his own and gave it to her. He wrapped it around her shoulders and she held it tightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanted to post this as my first story since I loved how I wrote it. Of course, I would still appreciate feedback and some tips to improve. Also, I hope you got the title of the story :)
I.L.Y = I'm Losing You not I Love You
Misleading, ain't it?