A Crappy Dedication.

For Shatter the Calm. Featuring horsie890.

“Somewhere, over the rainbow!”

“Frank, shut up!”

“You’re just jealous!” I sighed and shook my head, rubbing my eyes.

“Can’t say you didn’t try, man,” Ray told me.

“There’s a land that I heard of…”

I looked over at Gerard with pleading eyes. “Can’t you talk to him? He’s your boyfriend,” I said with a slight smirk.

“He’s not my boyfriend; we’re married, you dumb ass,” he shot back, getting off the couch.

“Might as well be married to each other,” I muttered as Gerard walked down the hall of the hotel suite we were sharing while on tour.

Gerard stopped and turned around. “You know, I could say the same about you and Toro.”

Mikey looked up from his DS. “Where does that leave me?”

“You, Gerard, and Frank can have a love triangle,” I said.

“Ew, Bob!” they all said together. Frank’s off key singing was still scraping at my eardrums.

“Just go shut Frank up,” I ordered. Gerard sighed and walked into the bathroom.

“Yo, Dorothy!” I heard him yell before he closed the door. Frank’s singing stopped.

Fucking finally.

---

“Hey man!” I turned my head and grinned at the sight of Adam Lazzara jogging towards me.

“Hey, dude!” I said happily as we half-hugged.

“How’ve you been?” he asked.

We started talking as we strolled around the lot that was filled with buses of bands on Projekt Revolution. Soon, our conversation strayed to websites.

“Ever hear of mibba.com?” he asked.

“What.com?”

“Ha ha. You’re lucky. You guys are all over that place.”

“Dare I ask what kind of site it is?”

Suddenly, he stopped walking, grabbed my hand and wrote something down with the Sharpie he carried. I just stood there, knowing I’d have to be patient and not ask questions. When I finally got my hand back, I looked down at what he’d scribbled there.

“Find out for yourself. www.mibba.com. Gotta run. Nice seeing you again! ~Adam”

When I looked back up, he was gone, of course. I sighed and started the walk back to my own bus.

---

Later that night, I logged on to one of the two laptops we all shared between us. Every time I’d log on, I’d remember the fight Frank had put up about wanting to share a laptop with Ray and no one else.

Why does it matter, Frank? Gerard asked.

Because! We’re the guitarists! We play the same instrument! You guys all play different ones, therefore you three should get one and Ray and I get the other.

Whatever Gerard sighed. But I think you just want the extra memory.

I clicked ‘Drummer’ under ‘Bassist’ and ‘Vocalist’. Yes, we used our job descriptions as our usernames. I typed in my password, waited for it to load, and got on the Internet.

www.mibba.com

The page was mainly blue and white with new users on the left and…oh no. Not--

“Fan fiction!” I whispered to myself so I wouldn’t bring anyone else’s attention to me.

Don’t tell anyone, but I’ve always loved to write. Yup.

Anyway, Mibba. The relief I found was that most of the people on there weren’t psycho. On one author’s profile, I clicked a…dare I say it?…story. horsie890 seemed to have enough sense in her head, so, yes, I read a story. It was the top one on her list of stories. Secret Agent Man. The layout consisted of a picture of Gerard with a black suit and his infamous sunglasses on, Matt Bellamy with a bird of some sort, and a sleek black car at the bottom, below the text.

I didn’t want to take any chances of the other guys seeing, so I clicked ‘Default Layout’ as soon as I saw it.

Much better. Excruciatingly boring, but better in my circumstance.

I found that the more I read of horsie’s excellent story, the more relaxed I became as Gerard’s character carried out his super spy lifestyle. I barely stifled my grin when I nearly burst out laughing at the line:

The name’s Way. Gerard Way.

Luckily, Toro’s video game was loud enough to cover my small giggles.

---

In bed that night, in my bunk, I thought about that site and my love for writing. You don’t have to use your real name, even to register. I could use Robert and my mom’s maiden name. And it would be a good way to write without people actually knowing about me.

‘Yeah,’ I though with a sigh before rolling over to welcome sleep. ‘Tomorrow, I’ll sign up.’

---

Username…huh. Didn’t think it would be this hard.

I heard the shower water start sprinkling down in the bathroom and not a second too late, Frank started singing.

”I kissed a girl and I liked it!”

“FOR GOD’S SAKE, FRANK, IF YOU DON’T SHUT UP, I’M GOING TO WALK IN THERE AND MAKE SURE YOU DROWN IN YOUR OWN PISS!” Gerard yelled. Frank’s singing stopped immediately.

‘Jesus, Frankie,’ I thought, shaking my head. ‘What a way to shatter the calm.’

‘Whoa! Hold that thought, Bryar! Don’t lose it!’

Username (3-20 characters): Shatter the Calm

‘Good work, men. Another thought saved.’

Password? Same as always.

Password: ****

Location: United States

Terms of Service.
Blah. Blah. Blah. I clicked, “I am over or exactly 13 years of age’ without bothering to read the bunch of copyright laws.

As it turns out, I didn’t even need my name. Cool.

After exploring the site and being scarred for life after Frankie came out of the shower completely naked, I thought about what to write.

”Somewhere over the rainbow!”

“OH MY GOD, FRANK, SHUT THE FUCK UP!” I screamed. A second later, Gerard ran past me and into the bedroom where Frank was and I heard Frank scream.

“I warned you!” Gerard’s voice rang out.

“The guy should stick to screaming,” I muttered.

But Frank’s horrid cover of ‘Somewhere Over the Rainbow’ brought back yesterday’s conversation.

Mikey: Where does that leave me?

Bob: You, Gerard, and Frankie can have a love triangle.

Or, better yet…a threesome.

I frantically clicked around on the site until finally I got to the ‘Submit a New Story’ page. All the while, memories of a game of Dare that the band had played flitted through my mind and I figured how to change the somewhat dull events into something better.

Title: Bets Aren’t Always Bad

Short Description: Frankie/Gerard/Mikey paring one-shot.

Chapter:

“You fucking cunt, you’re really going to make me do this?”




---

~The End~