Status: updates are gonna be once a week!!

Nearly Witches

Chapter 4

I slowly opened my eyes, the room around me coming into focus. It took my bleary mind a few seconds to figure out where I was, but when I realized, I snuggled back into the bed and checked my phone. No missed calls or texts and it was 6pm. I was in Jenna’s bedroom, and I could faintly hear someone moving around down the hall so I figured Jenna was making dinner.

I let myself lay there for a few more seconds before getting out of the bed and walking towards the closed door. I was wearing all of my clothes, which was odd because I always sleep in my boxers, even if I was at Jenna’s. I looked down to grab at the door handle, and that was when I realized that I had breasts.

Memories of earlier hit me and I stumbled away from the door in shock. I still didn’t understand why my body had changed in this way and all of my leftover emotions came flooding out. Earlier, I had been running on adrenaline and the essential shock of waking up in someone else’s body, but now all of the emotions rose to the surface and I began to breathe heavier and my heart rate picked up.

I walked into the hallway in search of comfort, and was about to turn into the living room when I heard my name spoken with Vic’s voice. Of course, he came with us so there’s no reason he wouldn’t still be here, but why would they be talking about me? I pressed my ear against the wall that separated the hallway from the living room in order to hear the conversation better, eavesdropping distracting me from my almost-freak out.

“So how do you know Kelsy, again?” Vic asked.

Jenna waited a beat before answering. “She’s a friend from back home.”

“Oh, nice, so why is she visiting?” Vic asked. I could hear the couch moving as he spoke, so I guessed that he had moved to face Jenna.

“Her…her boyfriend broke up with her and she needed to get out of town for a while.” Jenna stutters out. I appreciated Jenna so much in that moment. She’s going out of her way just to help me in this extremely odd situation. Maybe I should get her a cake in thanks. I tuned back in when I heard Vic speak again. I probably should listen in, since Jenna is coming up with my entire backstory.

“Cool, so, she’s straight then, right?”

“What, are you interested,” Jenna asked, teasing him. “Does Vic wanna settle down?”

“No, I just,” Vic trailed off and I felt myself lean in closer. “Well, yeah. I mean, I’ve been single for a really long time, Jenna. And I really like Kelsy…she’s tiny and funny and she’s so, so cute.”

At that, Jenna’s smile grew slightly, this time in fondness versus the previous teasing. Vic still took it as teasing though, frowning at her as her smile grew. He started to take back what he said when Jenna spoke up.

“I’m sorry for laughing,” Jenna said, her smile still bright as the sun. “It’s just that you guys are too cute together.”

“We’re not even together,” Vic argued quietly, though Kellin could still hear him.

“But, you both want to be!”

“No, Kelsy isn’t interested.”

“How do you know, Vic? You only just met her!”

“Exactly,” Vic explains. “We only just met. There’s no way she likes me.”

“But you like her after this short amount of time, why can’t she like you?”

“To me, she feels like home, like someone I’ve known for years; she can’t feel the same.” Vic breathed out. My cheeks immediately began to redden as he spoke, and I hugged myself closer to the wall.

“Look, Vic, I’ve known…Kelsy for half of my life. I know how she acts with people she likes. She wouldn’t have been all over you at brunch if she didn’t like you. She’s not that kind of person.”

I was embarrassed that Jenna made it so plain to Vic how into him I was, and I started to feel bad for eavesdropping, so, before Vic could respond and the courage that knowing he was into me gave me, I straightened out my shirt, and headed out into the living room with the others.

“Look who’s finally awake,” Jenna exclaims, moving to the edge of the sofa, resulting in no room for me to sit but in the space between the both of them. I laughed and stretched my arms above my head, keeping up the charade of just waking up.

“Yeah, sorry for what happened at brunch,” I mumble, as I cross my arms over my chest. Jenna’s quick to speak though.

“Kelsy, don’t apologize you can’t control what that bitch did.” She pats the space next to her. “Come, sit down.”

I look nervously to Vic, still uncertain of how he feels about me, but he just smiles at me and puts his arm over the back of the loveseat. I duck my head slightly and start walking towards the couch, uncrossing my arms as I go. I sit on the cushions, back straight and my hands in my lap, not wanting to get too close to Vic incase he didn’t want it.

I looked straight ahead as Jenna turned the television’s volume from zero to fifteen. I hadn’t even noticed it was on. I got lost in the reality show that was playing on the screen, watching the people bickering over a stolen tshirt, when I felt something touch my shoulder. I jumped in surprise and looked to my left, where the touch had come from. Jenna was still watching the show, and I was confused for half a second before I felt the hand on my shoulder. I looked to my other side to see Vic nervously looking between me and the tv. When he realized I was looking at him, he met my eyes fully and pulled his bottom lip between his teeth, a nervous habit of his. He shrugged at me and looked away, and I could feel him starting to pull his hand away as well, but I made a split-second decision to let go of my fears, and just go for what I wanted. I smiled back at him and leaned into his side, snuggling in more when I felt him sigh out in relief. He pulled me tighter against him and I leaned my head on his shoulder.

My mind was racing. This is all I’ve wanted for months and I’m finally getting it. I mean, it’s not in the most ideal way, but I’ll take what I can get. I heard Jenna move beside us, and when I glanced over, she smiled and shook her head.
“Well, today’s been fun, but I’m gonna go nap and leave you guys to do,” she gestured between us, “this.”

She walked to the living room door, flicking off the light and sending a wink in my direction. I blushed and buried my face farther into Vic’s neck as he held me tighter. I smiled into his shoulder and closed my eyes.

---

I woke up a little later, in a different position. Vic was laying on the couch with his legs spread wide, and I was laying in between them. My face was on his chest and his hands on my back, rubbing every few seconds. I looked up to his face, but he was asleep, and I was conflicted. I knew that I probably shouldn’t stay where I was, but I didn’t want to wake the boy below me.

My decision was made when I shifted, and his arms tightened around me. I rested my head on his chest again, and I balled my hands into his shirt. I lay that way for a few more minutes before I felt my eyes begin to droop again. As I let sleep take over once again, I heard Vic mumble something that sounded a lot like Kelsy, but I didn’t think twice of it as my eyes finally closed.
♠ ♠ ♠
this was a shorter chapter :// but I'm gonna start posting every seven days because giving myself a deadline helps me stay motivated so I won't disappear for another year!! I hope you guys are enjoying it, and sorry if you're not :-(((