Status: Complete. I'm going to sit on this for a few months and edit it after that.

The Experiment Revolution

Day 1

Why, hello there, Blue Notebook. I guess you'll be my friend for the time being.

When I opened my eyes earlier today, I was lying on a metal bed, my arms and legs strapped down. A light as bright as how I remembered the sun to be hung over my face like a light found in surgery rooms.

I looked to my right, squinting. There were white cabinets and mint-green tabletops. A leaky faucet was in the corner.

I looked to my left. Something that looked like a TV tray sat next to my arm. Gauze, a scalpel, and a cup of water were littered across. I could see movement in the distance. A man in khakis and a white lab coat had his back turned to me. Liquid squirted from something he was holding and flew over his shoulder.

The rest of the room was white and seemed foreign to me. When I tried to remember how I got there, only a black void appeared in my mind.

The man in the white lab coat approached me and said he was glad I was finally awake. Apparently I’ve been sleeping for days. I tried to make out his face, but all I saw were goggles and a mask covering his nose and mouth. I took a look at his hair instead. Brown (like tree bark), wrapped around the sides of his head. He was bald on top.

When he asked me for my name, the black void smeared across my vision again, so I told him I don’t remember it. My voice sounded like I had too much phlegm in the back of my throat. The black void came up when he asked for my age, who my family is, who my friends are, and just more personal questions. My stomach had this queasy feeling and I was scared that the answers I was giving weren’t the answers he wanted.

I remember him shaking his head and saying, “We tampered with your mind too much. You were only supposed to forget your name. Oh, well. I’ll give you a new one.”

Before he took the straps off my arms and legs, he stabbed something into my thigh. I screamed out, but quickly stopped. There was a pinch, but not the painful kind shots usually give. It didn’t even last a millisecond. I could feel the liquid swarm over my body and it tingled like soda against your throat after swallowing it. When I asked what happened, the man told me not to worry about it.

He gave me this blue notebook and told me I have to write in it every day. Then I was told who I am.

My name is Experiment 0.4. I am to be the leader of the Experiment Revolution. I am now sitting in my “room”, which is a dog cage.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! This was written for my creative writing final. I'll be uploading this one while I try to finish up another story. I needed to upload something new to this website.

Tell me what you think!