Status: Complete. I'm going to sit on this for a few months and edit it after that.

The Experiment Revolution

Day 26

Well, Blue Notebook, it happened. We’ve completed our transformations.

Skyler has the face of a human, but his jaw is like a statue. His bushy brown eyebrows scrunch together over his yellow eyes. Dark brown feathers have taken over where a head of hair should be. They’re pulled back from his face without any gel and rest just under his jawline. Along the sides of his arms are brown feathers that fan out three feet under and six feet across to make wings. His buff torso is that of a human but the skin on his legs is covered with tan feathers and his feet are yellow and what you would find on a bird. He sports three toes on each foot and nails sharp enough to scrape cement. As you know, he has air sacs along with lungs.

Dr. Abbott said Skyler’s DNA is seventy-five percent human and the other twenty-five percent is mixed with different species of hawks. Skyler, Experiment 0.5, is now an Avian Sapien.

Marine’s lips are as blue as the lips of a child who just ate blue raspberry candy and her eyebrows are made up of scales of the same color. Her navy blue eyes are a dark contrast when compared to her long, auburn hair. Gill slits sit on top of her ribs. Blue-green scales have grown up her spine and down the sides of her arms until the very tips of her webbed fingers. Her shirts always have a slit down the middle in the back because a small blue dorsal fin had grown on top of her spine as well. Both of her legs and feet are entirely covered in blue-green scales. The toes on her feet have meshed into one.

Marine now only has seventy percent of her human DNA. The other thirty percent is mixed with the DNA of multiple species of fish. She is now a Humish.

Terra’s changes aren’t as drastic. Her nose is pink like strawberry ice cream and her four inch whiskers curl out from her face. Her milky eyes are translucent like the skin on her face. They stare at a blank space all day while she uses her hands - whose nails are three inches long and specially shaped for digging - to guide herself. The black fur that covers the rest of her body is thick enough for her to not feel the air conditioning blasting throughout the building. The four inch nails on her toes clap along the floor when she takes a step.

Fifteen percent of Terra’s DNA has been replaced with the DNA of a mole. She is now a Humole.

When it comes to my appearance, I am a completely different person. My golden hair is still pulled back from my face on its own accord and now the roots have turned black. My thin, black eyebrows slant over my green-yellow eyes which were small and seemed to always look alluring, no matter what my facial expression is. My nose had flattened like a cat’s and I had four inch whiskers. A smile revealed teeth sharp enough to sink into meat without any trouble. The tops of the bottom canines curled into my mouth but the top canines were straight and sat on my bottom lip when in a rested position. I didn’t have any fur on my torso but my back, arms, and legs were covered with golden fur that had eventually grown black spots. My hands and feet look like ones humans would have, but the nails were triangular, black, and sharp enough to scrape designs into glass. I’m also the only one whose ears changed. They sit where human ears normally do and they’re the same size as they were before, but the form changed into what a big cat would have. And as for the black mound of fur that filled the hole in my shorts right at the tailbone, it had turned into a tail that drags behind me as I walk.

I am sixty-five percent human and thirty-five percent leopard. I am now considered a Leporman.

We always wondered why Dr. Abbott gives us food animals would enjoy - and why we even enjoyed them ourselves - and now it’s obvious. Our physical transformations into animal hybrids finished and the mental aspect of it had only just begun. Although we can’t find out about the Revolution until tomorrow, I’ve made a few inferences on what it will be. The full name is the Experiment Revolution. Dr. Abbott has made a new scientific discovery and the others and I are his subjects. He was able to mix the DNA of humans with other animals, which has never been done before. The only “mixing” of humans and animals that had ever happened before was organ transplants. Now, four creatures – so new we lack scientific names and sufficient data – walk the earth. Dr. Abbott and fifty or so White Jackets are the only people who know of our existence.

Now this lab is to be our forever home. Unless we want to end up at a zoo or some other freakshow, that is. We’re basically screwed either way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that these updates are so slow! I didn't think college was going to be taking up so much of my time. Thank you to those who are sticking with up me!