Status: Complete. I'm going to sit on this for a few months and edit it after that.

The Experiment Revolution

Day 52

Dr. Abbott’s science is advancing, Blue Notebook.

It took me, Skyler, Marine, and Terra weeks to wake up. Fiki woke up yesterday and Eric woke up today. I can’t describe their stories separately because they’re pretty much the same. Screaming. Thrashing. Bajillion questions. White Jackets coming in to threaten to sedate them. They were fortunate enough to be told about the Experiment Revolution right away. Both didn’t believe Dr. Abbott so he responded with “You’ll see” and left.

Now the four of us are stuck with explaining it to them. Judging by the grimace on Eric’s face, he thinks we’re all hideous. Fiki is still at the age where imagination is most vivid so she thinks we look “cute”. She still pulled Skyler’s feathers as if they were Santa Claus’s beard to make sure this is all real.

We were moved from the room with our cages and put in this play room. It’s empty and has nothing but a ball to kick against the wall. Skyler and Fiki are having a blast playing a light game of soccer (it’s just Skyler stealing the ball and Fiki giggling uncontrollably hard). Marine and Terra brought Eric to a corner to see how he’s feeling. While he seems scared to the core and Marine has the face of a mom wishing her child won’t fall and scrape their legs, Terra’s bouncing in her spot. She’s as giddy as a child who received everything they wanted for Christmas.

I’ve secluded myself to a corner. You know, Blue Notebook, I feel like I’ve grown very close to you. I talk to you way more than the others talk to their notebooks. Why I confide in you so much even though Dr. Abbott will force me to let him read what I wrote one day, I don’t know. It’s nice to see my thoughts collected. Maybe one day I’ll look back on this adventure and try to convince myself this stupid plan of Dr. Abbott’s is good after all. That probably won’t happen, but one can dream.

Fiki says I’m pretty so therefore I must join her game of soccer with Skyler. I’ll write again soon.