Status: Complete. I'm going to sit on this for a few months and edit it after that.

The Experiment Revolution

Day 150

They’re here.

The government found us.

I don’t know how they found us but they’re here.

Most of us were in the play room while the others slept in the room with our cages. We were minding our own business when a White Jacket randomly came in. He screamed for us to get out and hide anywhere we possibly could. While everyone ran, all of them concerned, the White Jacket grabbed my wrist and dragged me with him. As we made our way to Dr. Abbott’s office, he told me all of this was my fault. I was supposed to be low-key when kidnapping these kids. Posters weren’t supposed to go up and cause pandemonium. I also got my leopard face in the newspaper. It was me, Skyler and Terra as well, who led the government here. Now this lab will be shut down and Dr. Abbott and the White Jackets will go to jail for inhumane treatment.

“And what about the experiments?” I asked.

“Y’all will die. Y’all don’t have souls to them. You’re just creatures out to kill.”

The closer we were to Dr. Abbott’s office, the louder the lab became. I heard kids screaming and even some gunshots. FBI were screaming “Come out!” and the kids yelled out their responses. Skyler flew over my head and was shot down as I turned a corner.

There were three men in suits inside Dr. Abbott’s office. Dr. Abbott was in handcuffs and his face was crimson as he defended his science to the men. He was in mid-sentence when the White Jacket interrupted and said he found me. All eyes were on my face. Immediately one of the men told the others to grab me. I bit the White Jacket’s hand to free myself and off I went, the men’s heavy footsteps following behind.

I made zigzags to throw them off and I was successful after about ten minutes. I saw what went on with everyone else. There were dead bodies on the floor everywhere I went. Whoever the victims were fell in contorted poses, whether that was a twisted leg or an elbow bending the wrong way. Each had a puddle of blood circling their heads and their eyes were rolled so far back that I couldn’t see their pupils. I heard Terra’s shrill voice beg someone not to kill her. Others screamed. Some ran passed me, causing me to dodge out of the way.

I hid behind a wall, waiting for the FBI to file out of the room with the cages. I slipped in when they were gone. My foot seeped in blood, and I knew everyone inside was dead. My cage was tipped over, my stuff flown across the room.

But I’m sitting in my cage now. They checked this room already so why would they check it again?

I just saw Dr. Abbott’s entire dream wash away before his eyes and mine. The experiments are dying, people are going to jail, and I’m stuck hiding in here. Where will I go when this all dies down? I can’t go home. I don’t remember what home is.
The perfect world won’t happen. The one thing we were looking forward to is gone.

What am I supposed to do now? If I survive this I’ll be alone. I can’t start up Dr. Abbott’s dream again because he never taught me how to produce his creation. Where will I live? What will I eat? Who will I even talk to? I can’t show my face. I’ll be sent straight to the zoo.

I hear them coming now. I can hear their footsteps marching in sync again. Do you think, Blue Notebook, they can hear my pen scratching against the paper? I hope not. I hope they don’t check this room again for I have nowhere to hide. Perhaps I can attack them? I can try. I just have to watch out for those guns.

I can see their shadows peeking through the doorway. They’re in the room now. I have to write slowly so my pen doesn’t make any noise. My stomach is fluttery. When was the last time I ever felt scared? I don’t remember. What are the dead experiments thinking now? Is there a place in the afterlife for us? Is Dr. Abbott okay? I wonder where they’ll keep the White Jackets. Maybe I can free them. But what if the FBI catches me? Where will they take me? Maybe I’ll be interviewed. They have to interview someone, right? To see what Dr. Abbott was trying to do? How we, the experiments, felt about it? Maybe. Maybe maybe maybe. Their footsteps are getting louder. When will they leave? Who will order them to get away from here? What will
♠ ♠ ♠
And that is the end of this adventure. Thank you all for sticking by and putting up with the procrastination I dealt with in this story. It means a lot!