Status: Complete. I'm going to sit on this for a few months and edit it after that.

The Experiment Revolution

Day 10

Yo.

The three kids woke up today! All seemed terrified judging by how loud they screamed. The boy thrashed in his cage violent enough to tip himself over but I don’t blame him for that. These cages are uncomfortable considering they’re long enough to stretch our legs out and tall enough to only sit in. I tried to calm them down but they couldn’t hear me over themselves. Ten White Jackets had to come in and threaten to sedate them. They flipped up a switch, and the room buzzed with electricity.

The lights were dim, but I still saw the three kids. All three looked how I did when I first arrived. Hair matted, clothes torn. The boy was feeling his head. His face scrunched together, forming a deep frown.

“Where’d all my hair go?” He continued to run his hands over his bald head.

“There’s extra skin on my fingers and toes!” The older girl stared at her webbed hands and feet. I think I saw tears in her eyes.

The younger girl screamed, “I can’t see anymore!” She sat on her legs and had her hands on her temples. Her dark brown eyes stared at a wall in front of her even though a White Jacket was at her side. Her hair was in the style of a pixie cut, but I can’t remember if it was like that before or the work of the injections.

Dr. Abbott rushed in as soon as he had heard the news. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him as happy as he was just then in all my ten days of being here. Tears gathered in his eyes and he practically squealed.

He announced that the injections were working.

That was a wrong move in my opinion. All the kids banged against their cages, demanding to be let out. Dr. Abbott obliged, but only because they were to follow him to his office. The White Jackets tied their hands with thick rope that extended like a leash. They were by the door when a White Jacket let me out but he didn’t tie me up. The boy noticed this - noticed me for the first time - and his eyes nearly shot out fire. He demanded to know why I didn’t need to be tied up. No one answered him. I pushed passed and led everyone to Dr. Abbott’s office.

The three were informed that there is going to be a Revolution and they were told their roles. The younger girl asked what the Revolution is. She received the same response I always get. While they talked, I checked my reflection. My eyebrows and hair were the same as they were two days ago. The only difference was my teeth. My canines are longer and pointier. The other teeth are their normal length, but their edges are pointier too instead of the usual flat.

I told Dr. Abbott about this. He’s glad the work of my injections is speeding up. The other three seemed surprised to find out I get them too.

The older girl asked when we will be able to know the full extent of the Revolution. Dr. Abbott said we will know everything as soon as our transformations are complete. I was the first yell, “Transformations?”

Dr. Abbott’s only response was a nod. We received more injections and even new clothes. Dr. Abbott said good luck to Experiment 0.5 (the boy), Experiment 0.6 (the older girl), and Experiment 0.7 (the younger girl). Then we began to head back to our “rooms”.

Before leaving, Experiment 0.5 asked what happened to Experiments 0, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, and 0.4. Dr. Abbott told them I was 0.4, and then said, “The others were failures so I threw them away. They were given the same stem cells you four are given but I guess they were weakened versions. They looked pretty grotesque before they died.”

The four of us looked at each other, all concerned. Dr. Abbott closed his door before we could ask him anymore questions.

We’re back in our rooms in our new clothes. Experiment 0.5 is wearing shorts but no shirt. He complained about this but was ignored. Experiment 0.6’s tank-top has a slit in the back. My shorts has a hole at the tailbone. Only Experiment 0.7’s clothes are fully intact.

“Why would he give us ripped clothes?” Experiment 0.6 asked me earlier.

I didn’t have an answer.

Experiment 0.5 is napping. He ate raw steak for dinner. I did too. We didn’t expect to enjoy it since it was hardly cooked but we did. Experiment 0.7 ate grubs and Experiment 0.6 ate what seemed to be fish food. As gross as their meals looked, they enjoyed them.

Now Experiment 0.6 is groaning from boredom in her cage. Experiment 0.7 is saying, “I wish I could see.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey y'all!

Updates may be slow. This was originally a novella for a creative writing final project and the ending to it is insanely rushed so I'm editing it as I go along.

Thanks for sticking around! More updates soon (I hope. haha).