Status: Complete. I'm going to sit on this for a few months and edit it after that.

The Experiment Revolution

Day 11

Dear Blue Notebook,

We changed our names because, to put it bluntly, we hate being called Experiments.

Experiment 0.5 became Skyler. His supposed job during the Revolution is to work in the sky so we thought the name fit.

Experiment 0.6 is now Marine because her job will be in the water. At first she really wanted Aqua, but Skyler went on a long rant about how unoriginal that name is.

Experiment 0.7 insisted on being called Toph. Her favorite show is Avatar: The Last Airbender and her favorite character, Toph, just so happens to be blind like her. Marine told her it’s a terrible name and Skyler laughed and said it was stealing. After a long fight that I did not get into, Experiment 0.7 became Terra. It means Earth in Italian according to Marine.

Since I am the leader in this Revolution, Skyler said I should be called Raidah. It’s an African name that means just that. I took it.

I asked them if they remember anything from before. They do except their actual names. This caught me by surprise to be honest. I wasn’t expecting to be the only one who had everything erased. You would think the White Jackets would have made more mistakes since we’re just the beginning of this Revolution.

Skyler came from a family in Northern Wisconsin. He was homeschooled just because the nearest school was so far away from his home. He was riding his bike to the local convenient store when the White Jackets knocked him out.

Although Marine was born in New Jersey, her elders are all foreigners. Her parents came from a town in Southern Italy that’s so small it’s not even on the map. Her parents didn’t know any English when she was born so therefore Italian was her first language. This is obvious since she has a small accent. She learned English at the age of six. She was outside of her house gardening when the White Jackets came in.

Terra lived in Austin, Texas. She didn’t really say much about her life. As of now, all we know is that it was her tenth birthday party when the White Jackets came and got her. She stepped outside of the venue just to get something from her mother’s car.

They asked me about my life and for obvious reasons, I had nothing to share. I told them the White Jackets tampered with my mind too much so therefore all my memories about myself are gone. My real name, age, family, friends, likes, dislikes, and where I came from. Gone. They seemed upset about this and Terra even apologized.

Marine said, “If it makes you feel better, you look about the same age as me or Skyler.”

That’s when we decided I’m seventeen years old. We also decided I’m from Chicago. Skyler says my accent is on the nasally side and I stress my vowels when I talk. That, and apparently the jersey I was wearing when they first saw me was a Chicago Blackhawks jersey.

A White Jacket came in to give us our food and injections. He didn’t turn the lights on so we couldn’t check if any of us have transformed.

As the White Jacket was about to leave, he told us we have to participate in some tests tomorrow.

Ladies and gentlemen, there is finally something to look forward to do in this god forsaken pit.