Status: Currently in Progress

Love's Wishes

Eleven

-The following week, Monday-

Maria has been acting very suspicious lately and weird.
Saturday she told me she was testing the condom's material by filling them up with water to see if it has any holes or something.
I'm still iffy about this condom situation anyway.
Right now, I'm at work, getting my presentation ready for the newbies in the science field that will be working with us.

Maria has been bugging me about when our wedding will be but I have alot more to think about then just that. My pay check came last week and I have to pay Eve for the rent at Alonni's apartment.
Hopefully when she gets a job soon she can pay her own rent, not that I have any problem with it, but it would be a load off my brain.

"Man, there's some hot girl in the newbie's group. She looks too innocent to be working here.. You think she'll get it? You think I can get her?" Matt said excitedly.
"Can't always go off of looks, Matt. We'll see. Don't you have Mary?" I smiled.
"Oh, yeah. We're supposed to be going out to dinner or something sometime this week."
"Good for you, tell her Dan said hey." I laughed.

As the newbies came in, I stood up, only being shocked by who I saw; Alonni.
"These are the newbies. Make them feel welcomed, please. And go about your day." Boss said.
We all nodded.
I ran up to Alonni and she was surprised to see me.
"Hey, Danny! Are you trying out too?" She smiled gleefully.
"No, I work here." I smiled.
Her face turned red.
"Oh..That means I have to listen to you for real now, huh?" She moved her long beautiful hair behind her pierced up ear.
I nodded. I then guided the newbies to a room and presented my presentation I worked on to have them get a feel at what they were about to get into.

"We have specific work places around the city and we work closely with Science Engineering companies along with the top scientists in the city. Some of you will be working here, where you do the research for the scientists, like me, and some of you will be working by their side or maybe even do both depending on how good your interview goes with the boss."

"He'll call each of you one by one and then give you your results after your interview. Good luck." I smiled.
"D-Danny!" Alonni shouted as I was about to leave.
I walked over to her and bent down as she sat in the chair with her professional body shaper dress.
"Don't be scared. Just be yourself. I know how much you love science and technology, Lonni. You'll probably get a better job than me." I laughed.
She looked at me sadly.
"Lonni, come on. Say, if you get this job or even a better job, I'll take you to the Waffle house down the street from here."
"I'm not falling for that.." She crossed her arms.
Even though she acts like cute little kid, she's way smarter than Einstein.
"Please?" I put my hands on hers.
She looked at me with those perfect green eyes and smiled.
"Okay, I'm only doing this for the waffles. Not you." She smiled.
And then she was called for her interview, "Alonni Cooper!"
I gulped and she got up as I did.
"Good luck." I smiled.
She stood on her tip toes to reach my face. I leaned down a little, "What?"
Alonni then kissed her two little fingers and smacked them onto my cheek which made a mark from her lipstick.
"I'm gonna want alota waffles, Danny bear." She giggled.
She only called me Danny bear when she was really happy. She then walked off with her heels, looking gorgeous as always. I went back to my desk and waited.

Soon she came out with a paper, reading her results. I jumped up and hurried to her.
"So...?" I was more excited then she was.
"You better have a load of money on ya because I gotta man's appetite." She smiled.
I looked at her paper which read 'Approved' in all areas she was tested in.
"Congratulations, Lonni." I smiled.
She looked up at me and smiled.
"The boss said I start tomorrow at 11 and that I'll be working here for the first week."
My eyes lit up, "Really? That's great."
She hugged me tightly.
"You want me to pick you up from now on? It's a long way there." I looked down at her .
She nodded proudly then her face saddened and she backed away.
"I don't want to be a bother though. I know your Maria doesn't like me."
"Who cares? I'm picking you up, tomorrow, 9 AM. Got it?"
She nodded, smiling up at me.