Status: Currently in Progress

Love's Wishes

Three

•••

After we played for what seemed like hours, we sat on the Twister mat and Alonni looked at me seriously.
"When..When did you meet her?"
"Maria? Well, I met her in college. She was one of those nice girls that showed you around and stuff. And after that, we started to love eachother." I smiled.
Alonni smiled for a second and then looked away.
"I-I should get going." she says awkwardly while getting up.
"It's barely the late afternoon. Where could you possibly go?" I cried.
She plopped back down and crossed her arms.
"I don't know.." she started crying.
"Hey..Hey now. Don't get like that. Everything is okay now." I rubbed her back gently and she looked at me with those glassy light green eyes showing.
"I can call my sister now if you want to just go to your new place." I say.
"No..it's fine." She wiped her face and stood up again. "I..just need some air."
She ran toward the door, unlocked it and went out the door before I could even catch her.
"Alonni!!" I cried as I looked out the doorway, trying to see where she could've gone.
I sighed. Well what should I do now?
Right then, Maria calls:

"Hey, honey, are you home? Your boss called me.."
"Yeah....felt a little light headed so I came back to the house. What's wrong?"
"Nothing. My boss let me off early. She wanted to give me a break for the first time."
"Oh..Really? That's great, babe. See you when you get home."
"You okay, Daniel?"
"Yeah. I'm fine. Headache and all.."
"Go rest, I'll be home shortly."
"Alright."

Maria's coming home way earlier than expected. Alonni is still out there. I have to look for her. These streets aren't a good place for her.
But then what will Maria say? She'll suspect that I'm cheating!

I pull out my phone and call Eve.
"Baby sis, I need your help."
"What now, Danny? I'm working.."
"Ya know that childhood friend I was telling you about? Well she's...on the run and I need you to help me find her and get her to one of your apartments."
"Ugh! Why must I do everything for you?"
"So you'll help me, right?"
"Whatever. I'll call you when my people find her. She still looks the same, right?"
"Yeah, just more beautiful. She's really grown up.."
"I can believe it. Talk to you later, bro."
"Alright."

Phew! Now that that's out of the way..Time to act like I have a headache.
I got partly undressed and laid on the bed.
Soon, I heard Maria come in the house.
"Babe, I'm home! Where are you?" she yelled.
"I'm in here!"
She came in and climbed ontop of me.
Maria and I never had sex. She is still a virgin and she wants to do it when we get married.
I agreed but it kind of sucks.
"Do you want some soup or something?" she asked as she took off her clothes.
"No, I'll just take a nap." I said and turned over.
"Oh, okay." she kissed my forehead and then went downstairs.
As I closed my eyes, all I could think of was Alonni out on those streets, gambling or something or getting taken advantage of. I couldn't bare it.