Status: Active

Two Worlds Collide

The Start

A girl and a boy from two completely different worlds. Sure, they lived on Earth, and in the 21st century, but the similarities end there. She was from a middle-class, western family, and he was from a developing country. She spent her life having everything she ever wanted available to her, even the option of giving it all up. He spent his life wondering what else was out there, while making the most of what they had. She knew his world from stories, and four little trips to his country, where she saw only glimpses of his reality. He knew her world only from movies and books.

They met in a school, on her fourth trip to his country. She saw him and didn't know what hit her. Literally, stumbled back in... Surprise? No... Shock? No... The feeling was indescribable. He, well, to this day she still has no idea how he felt.

They spent the next two weeks together, teaching in his classroom, and getting to know each other. She didn't want to admit it, but with each passing day, and each detail she learnt about him, her feelings developed into something she didn't expect and more importantly, didn't want. She was still getting over her last relationship, and she wanted something easy. She knew if this ever did happen, it sure as hell would not be easy

But she couldn't help it. Those two weeks ended, and she had to say goodbye. In a perfect world, that goodbye would have given her what she needed. But she couldn't bring herself to say it, not properly. They both went to the classes so she could see her students one last time, and then turned to him.

He said, "So I need to say goodbye too." She said, "Yeah, okay, see you." She watched him walk away, thinking she saw a puzzled look on his face, but couldn't be sure. She turned away, feeling like an absolute coward. She knew she'd lost her chance.

As she was leaving, he came downstairs once more. Her heart pounded. He asked her "What was that?" She couldn't answer.

Her friend said, "Have you two said goodbye?" Before she could answer, he responded coldly with a yes. She died a little inside. It wasn't the goodbye she wanted, she'd hoped for more. Secretly, so did he.

In a last ditch attempt, she said "I am expecting some language lessons when I get back home."

He laughed and replied "Definitely." The smile he gave her lit up both their faces. It wasn't exactly what she wanted, but it was a start. She left the school heartbroken, her mind reeling with all the possible outcomes, but wishing for only one. As she stepped on the place a couple of hours later, she vowed to return for more than the school this time. She had to return for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter of a new story. I have never written a story in this sort of style before, so hopefully you all enjoy it.
Leave me some love in comments! Please, no negativity, only constructive. Thanks!