The Heart Wants What It Wants

The Heart Wants What it Wants (Chapter 2)

I walk down the hall to where my room is. Finding my black skinny jeans and Asking Alexandra T-shirt, I hope in the shower. After that I got dressed, did my hair and went to sit in the living room to wait for Ella. After awhile I glanced at the clock. Shit! She's gonna make us miss the bus.

"Ella hurry up!"

"I'm almost done!" I kept glancing at the clock till she finally came in announcing that she was ready. I grabbed her arm running out the door. Everyone was already getting on the bus. Why did the end of the street have to be so far away? I put in an extra burst of speed while Ella tried furiously to keep up.

"No! Wait!" Too late. We missed it. I sighed in exasperation turning on Ella.

"Seriously? How long does it take one person to get ready?"

"I'm sorry."

"Don't even start. It doesn't matter. Now we're gonna be late for school. Just great. You couldn't run any faster?"

"We're not all track stars you know." She scowled and started walking. I followed, falling in step with her. The walk to school was gonna be quiet and extremely long. It took the bus an hour to get there meaning we probably won't make it till like the end of third period.

I've got my permit but I can't drive without an adult. That and I don't have a car so we're screwed. I didn't live with my parents either because they thought it was a good idea to let me experience living only own sooner rather than later. So I was ready when I graduated high school. Meaning I have a job and have to pay all the bills. Ella helps out sometimes but I can't count on her. I look up as a car stops next to us. I instinctively push Ella behind me.

"Who are you?" I demand as they roll down the window.

"Violet stop. That's Jimmy!" Ella said pushing me to the side.

"Then who's he?" I said nodding to the guy in the passenger seat.

"That's my cousin."

"His name, or does he not have one?" I know I sounded rude, but I have to sound intimidating so Jimbo over there felt threatened by me. I want him to know that if he hurts Ella he's gonna have to deal with me.

"Vi." Ella sighed.

"It's Samuel but call me Sam." The guy said. I took in his appearance. He had short brown hair that was long enough to get in his eyes, which were green. Jimmy had short blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Ok Samuel. What do you guys want?" He glared at me but I ignored him looking to Jimmy.

"Oh yeah! I was wondering if you guys needed a ride?" He smiled at Ella, who was blushing. Ugh!

"Nah I think we're good."

"Violet you were the one complaining about being late for school. Come on."

"No thanks. You go ahead. I feel like walking today."

"Why do you have to be so stubborn!"

"Why do you have to take so long to get ready!"

"Fine. You can walk alone!" Samuel moved so that Ella could sit in the front. I spun on my heels and continued to walk. I had a long way to go. I was about to turn around when I heard someone running behind me, when I was thrown over someone's shoulder. Samuel.

"Hey! Put me down!" He laughed as he pushed me into the back seat of Jimmy's car.

"You left me no choice." He said. I scowled as he climbed in next to me and Jimmy took off before I could get out.

"Asshole." I muttered.

"You should have just gotten in the car." Ella chastised. I ignored her and looked out the window. When I got bored I decided to strike up a conversation.

"So your name is Jimmy. Mind if I call you Jim?"

"Uhh..."

"Good, so Jim I've got some stuff I need to discuss with you."

"Vi don't."

"You know I have to do this every time so don't bother. Now Jim as I was saying. If you ever hurt Ella, if you ever THINK about hurting her. I'll kill you" I said moving my hand across my neck in a slicing motion.

"Is never do that."

"Yeah that's what they all say."

"I mean it. I would never. I lover her." I made a gagging noise and leaned back in my seat. Both guys glanced at me, giving me a weird look.

"What?" We pull into the school parking lot and as soon as the cars stopped i hop out and ran into the school. Jim's the same as any other guy Ella's dated or at least he's given me no reason to think otherwise.