I Lost All of My Senses

Chapter 3

I was going on a date with the one and only Austin Carlile, this was too good to be true. Yet, it was extremely stressfull and nerve-racking. It wasn't everyday that I was asked to go on date with one of the most beautiful creatures created by God or whoever there was up there. I wanted to look as good as possible because I knew Austin would look amazing. And, I wanted to look good for him. I didn't want him to regret going out with me. I already didn't understand why he was interested in going on a date with me; I wasn't going to give him an easy reason to run away from me. Austin saw something in me that I wasn't aware of and I wanted things to remain the same. I wanted him to keep liking me, if he even liked me. That was why I found myself trying on all the clothes that I had in my closet until I found the perfect outfit. It wasn't a surprise that this perfect outfit turned out to be a white button-up shirt with a pair of black skinny jeans. I fixed my perfectly clean hair and was happy with it. It was one of those days where I was happy with being in ginger. Because Austin loved this part of me.

After spending a long time texting Austin the other night, I felt like we had some kind of connection. I felt like we went from being strangers to being close in a matter of time. He knew more stuff about myself than all the people I've met in my life. He was the first one to know me that well because I trusted him. For the first time in forever, someone really wanted to know me better. I felt like he really wanted to know more stuff about me, like he truly cared about who I was. I knew it was hard to really know how a person feels when sending a text message, but I knew by Austin's answers that he cared. When he asked me on a date, I felt my heart beat so rapidly. I was genuinely happy.

I wanted the date to be perfect, I felt like I finally deserved to have a good time, to enjoy a good moment with someone who seemed to care about me, with someone I also cared about. I didn't want anything to ruin my night with Austin. He was going to make my dream date come true and I did not want anything to come between us. This night was about him and myself, about us. I felt so privileged to spend a couple of hours with him, I was so honored that he was giving me some of his time to make me have a good time. I haven't known him for a long time, I've known him for only a couple of days. But, I knew that I liked him and I couldn't wait to see where this date would lead us. I was so lost in my toughts that I didn't even hear a knock on the door. I realized it was 7PM when I heard my mother speaking to someone very familiar.

''Oh hello, you must be Austin, the boy Alan hasn't stopped talking about since last night. It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Lucy, Alan's mother,'' I heard my mother say very quicly, probably forgetting that Austin was deaf.

''Yeah that would be me, nice to meet you. I-I'm sorry I didn't catch your name, you were speaking a little too fast for me, I don't know if Alan warned you about me being deaf...'' Austin replied.

''Of course he did, I'm so sorry I forgot about it Austin,'' she replied slowly.

''May I ask where my favorite ginger is?'' Austin asked, making me smile from where I was seating. I wanted to listen to their conversation for a little while.

''He is in the living room. Alan, get over here! Austin is here and looks absolutely beautiful,'' my mother answered.

I made my way to where they were both standing and Austin offered me his best smile when he noticed me. He had a smile to die for, a smile full of caring and sincerity. And my mother was right. Austin looked more than beautiful, he looked like an angel that has fallen from the sky. And he was going to my angel for the whole night.

''You look amazing Alan,'' Austin said, making my cheeks go as red as my mother's lipstick.

''Not as amazing as you,'' I replied using my talkative hands.

I couldn't keep my eyes off him so couldn't his. We we staring at each other, just smiling timidly and enjoying the moment that was so ruined by my lovely mother.

''Now boys be careful. Alan, I want you to act responsible. Don't go do anything stupid or I'll have to kick your ass more than once. And you Austin, take care of my precious Alan. I want him back home before midnight. If anything happens to my son, I'll hunt you down, understand? Now you boys have a good night,'' she warned us before opening the door for us to go out.

Austin grabbed my hand in his and led me to the passenger side of his car. He opened the door for me and closed it once I was sitting on my seat. What a gentleman. A few moments later, he was sitting right next to me and we were on our way to a beautiful night.

''Your mother seems very nice, though she can be a little overprotective. I like her,'' Austin said.

''Yeah, she can be very annoying sometimes, but yeah gotta love her,'' I replied before flashing Austin my best smile.

''I'm so happy that you said yes on going on a date with me Alan. I planned everything and I'm sure that you will have an amazing night, so will I,'' Austin said.

''I'm happy I did. And, I'm sure I'm going to have a good night. Whatever we do, it will be great because I will have you with me,'' I replied. My hands and mind felt like being a little flirty.

We spent the rest of ride being quiet, just enjoying each other's presence. Nothing really needed to be said or gestured. It was a comfortable silence. We would stare at each other then and there and would blush when being caught staring for too long. I had the best of views next to me, so it was hard not looking at him and losing myself in their eyes. It was hard not admiring his perfect face and body.

''We're here!'' Austin said, bringing me back to reality that was as beautiful as my daydream. I looked around me and we were parked by a deserted beach.

''There's nobody else here?'' My hands asked.

''No, this part of the beach has belonged to my family for years now. Nobody's authorized here but the Carlile family...and cute little gingers named Alan Ashby,'' Austin answered before kissing my cheek.

I smiled and got out of the car. I looked around me once more and felt like I was in Paradise. This was the best place that I have ever been too. I was so glad that Austin was giving me the chance to be standing in a place as beautiful as this one. I followed my date who was carrying a picnic basket and a blanket. We walked for a few minutes until we reached the perfect spot under a tree. Austin placed the blanket on the sand along with the basket. He sat on it and I did the same.

''I prepared some sandwiches along with homemade apple juice and rice krispies. I hope you'll like it,'' Austin said as he grabbed the food from the basket, the food that he has made himself just for us, for this special occasion.

''I'm 200% certain that I will enjoy everything that you prepared, Austin,'' I replied.

And I was right. The food was devine, a creation of God. The sandwiches that Austin prepared were an orgasm for my taste buds. Egg, ham, turkey, cheese; I loved every single one of them. And the juice, it was perfect, not too sweat and not watery. And the rice krispies were perfectly baked. Maybe it was just luck, but rice krispies turned out to be my favorite dessert. That showed that Austin and I had a special connection. We had small conversation while eating. It was a little hard since I couldn't eat while communicating. I couldn't use my hands to do both things at the same time. But we still managed to have a nice talk, to get to know each other more than we already did.

''The food was perfect Austin, thanks a lot. You didn't have to do all of this for me,'' I said.

''It's no problem Alan, you're my ginger kitty after all. And my ginger kitty deserves what is best,'' Austin replied using the nickname that I used to hate.

''Ok, I have to admit that hearing you calling me ginger kitty is not that bad after all,'' I said.

''I knew that you would change your mind,'' Austin teased. ''So, would you like to go on a boat ride. I got my licence recently and I thought it would be nice to just, you know, spend some time on the water. And this if for you.'' Austin gave me a water combinaison. What did he want me to with it?

''It sure sounds nice! And why do I need this? Want me to put it on?'' my two best mates replied.

''Yup I want you to put it on, don't ask any other questions please. You can use the bathroom up there, it isn't locked. Meet me by the dock when you're ready,'' Austin said happily.

I did as said and made my way to the small bathroom by an average size cottage. I took off my clothes and started putting on the combinaison. I finally managed to dress up after a long 5 minutes of struggling. Why were they doing those things in a cloth that made dressing up pratically impossible? I left my clothes in the bathroom and walked towards the dock to meet Austin who was already on the boat.

''Took you long enough,'' Austin teased.

''Hey, you're not the one who needed to dress up in this,'' I replied, trying to show an angry expression.

''Sure Mr Grumpy. Come on, hop in!'' Austin said.

I couldn't keep my angry expression on, I was just too happy to be with Austin. I joined him on the boat and sat on the seat right next to his, the captain one. He gave me a life jacket that I put on and he did the same. Being cautious before being reckless.

''Are you ready?'' He asked.

''More than ready,'' I replied.

And we were off.

--------

Austin's P.O.V.

I was having the time of my life with my beautiful ginger. I only met him a few days earlier, but I really liked him. There are times in life when two people are just meant to be together. And I felt like Alan and I were some of those lucky people. I couldn't help but smile as I watched him being all amazed as we travelled on the sea. He was the most beautiful human being that I have ever seen. He was just perfect in so many ways. I loved the way his ginger hair fell over his face. I loved how his smile and eyes could communicate more than words could. I loved how he would blush whenever I complimented him. I had an ultimate crush on Alan Ashby and I loved it. The date was perfect so far and it sure wasn't over yet. I still had a few surprises for Alan and was going to take place at this very instant. I stopped the boat in the middle of nowhere and took out a pair of water skis in the trunk of the craft.

''Have you ever water-skiied?'' I asked Alan.

''No never,'' I replied. ''I never really had the chance to.''

''Here's your chance, I'm going to teach you, if you want to,'' I said.

''I would love to, this is awesome,'' Alan added smiling.

''Okay, so once your in the water wearing those, you'll grab the rope that I'll handle you. You will pull your knees to your chest, with your arms around your knees and the rope between the skis. You will keep your skis pointing straight forward, close together with the tips pointing up.Keep your arms straight at all time so you'll be able to stand up once the boat speeds up. This is the easiest part. If you succeed in standing up, you'll have to keep your knees bent at all time with arms straight in front of you,'' I explained.

''Ok I'm ready,'' Alan said.

He put on the water skis and jumped into the water that, thankfully, wasn't too cold. I gave him the rope and he did just like I told him, putting it between the skis. He gave me a thumbs up and I knew that this was the signal that it was ready to go.

The boat sped up. I looked behind me and Alan was in the water, not succeeding in getting out of the water. It was normal, most people take a long time before doing so. I turned around and drove back to where Alan was.

''Want to go again?'' I asked. He nodded so I gave him the rope back.

''Good luck beautiful!'' I said. Alan smiled and positionned himself correctly. I had a feeling that this was his time to shine. But I was wrong.

As I sped up, I turned my head around and noticed that Alan was still in the water. The water surronding him was all read. Alan was hurt. I didn't waste any second and drove back to him only to realize that Alan was showing a panicked expression. He was losing a big quantity of blood because he was missing an arm. Alan has been attaked by a shark and I was the only one who could save him from a certain death.