Status: Currently being postponed

Sick Flesh

Sanguivoriphobia

She felt trapped, trapped in her own body. She could do nothing right, no matter how hard this seemingly strong independent female tried at work, school, or relationships she always failed. She had failed for years; making ends meet yes, pay check to pay check, but to slake her lust for control, power, and above all success; she would need more. Would she take the chance if it were handed to her? Perhaps; after all, such time spent being defeated at what she felt was the simplest of tasks wears a person down, fast.

Ameena went to her dreaded job as usual, in her usual way she ate a meager breakfast and took off to work the night shift at the hospital. Being a nursing assistant was quite rewarding in a sense, but much of the staff made work there difficult. Nights were very hectic when there were 13+ patients, tonight, however; there were only eight and a swingbed. (A swingbed is a person who is going to be staying at the hospital for several weeks, usually an elderly person to recuperate from whatever illness they had/have). She only had to check on them every few hours and check their vitals once per shift. Ameena did her normal duties, took vital signs, passed out snacks, and recorded the vitals on her computer for the nurses.

As she sat down to read a book and got just past the third sentence when she heard a guttural growl from the obstetrics, which was directly to the right of the nurse’s station. She jerked her head toward the horrid noise, there she saw two bright violet eyes boring into hers as if studying her fear first then deciding on which move to make next. It seemed human in its next stance, it was too dark to get a perfect glimpse of whatever it was, they didn’t have any OB’s that night, therefore the lights were off. Its reflexes were almost too quick for the eye to follow. It leaped over the table, went crashing through the glass window of the nursery; (thank God we didn’t have any new babies) and into the hall. Lynann, the unit clerk, screamed in utter horror.

The thing that moved like an animal was, in fact, a man, the expression he held was that of a primal one. He was young, perhaps mid-late twenties, light skin almost blue in color, and he had short deep brown hair. What stood out the most from this now handsome to my eyes, muscular, animalistic male were his long amazingly sharp looking canines. Lynann and Ameena flew out of their seats and ran for the nurse’s workroom, which was a mere hallway away. They slammed the door behind them panting heavily. The two LVN’s working that night stared at each of them with pure confusion. Ameena caught her breath and as she opened her mouth to speak, that is when the screaming began…

Screams and wails of horror echoed down the halls as the patients were, Ameena assumed, being slaughtered. The two nurse’s jumped out of their seats and she quickly raised her hand to Adelia the blonde nurse with beautiful green eyes and slightly tan skin. “No, something’s out there, something, I don’t know, an animal but not? It had purple eyes and jumped through the nursery room window with ease!” Tamilynn stood up as well with a horrified expression as the screams grew louder. She was a heavyset Hispanic woman with dark curly hair and deep brown eyes. “We need to get out of here, that “thing” is going to go through those people and come here.” Ameena said as her eyes shifted to the door that lead out into the hallway.

Tamilynn snatched up the phone that was lying on the large table in the middle of the room and called the police. ‘As if they can help us’ Ameena thought, 'they’ll probably think we’re crazy.' As she was thinking to herself Tamilynn screamed into the phone that, “it wasn’t a joke!”

“Come on we have to go!” Ameena whispered harshly. The windows had tough screens on them that could not be popped off, they had to run down the hall and out the double doors. They stared at her in shock as if what she had said was completely out of the question. “You either come with me or stay, but I’m getting out of here, it’s only a matter of time before it’s finished and comes looking for us.” They looked from one another as if someone might have a better idea, and they didn’t. A side door led from the nurse’s workroom through a small hallway that held IV supplies. This hallway maybe four feet in length led to a longer hallway perpendicular to the small one. To the right through the long hallway was the nurse’s station.

If they can sneak through the small nurse’s station, they can go down the opposite hall and out into the parking lot. Seeing the OB doors just looked like a death wish, it would put them in his sight. They quietly made their way past the nursery, past the D.O.N.’s office and finally to the double doors that lead into and entryway, which led to another set of double doors, and then freedom. Or so they had hoped.
♠ ♠ ♠
Our scrubs Lynann: teal, Tammilynn: pink. Ameena: scrubs

I wrote this when I worked at a hospital and was bored one night. This is all I've written so if it seems interesting let me know and I'll continue it. I like writing dark stories, so much potential! Also sorry if you read this and thought, 'what the hell she went from third person to first!' I fixed this lol.