Status: Currently being postponed

Sick Flesh

The Turning

Ameena’s eye’s fluttered open and she strained for a moment to figure out what room she was in. The sun shone through the window to her left but the blinds were maroon colored instead of the traditional off white blinds that were in her apartment. Her vision cleared slowly and she realized she was in a hospital bed and thankfully in a one-bed room. She noticed her father and mother sitting in opposite chairs. “Mom? Dad?” She attempted to ask but her voice sounded rough and as dry as the desert. They rose immediately and walked over to her bed.

“Oh honey are you feeling alright? We were so worried!” Ameena’s mum said as she held her daughters hand and squeezed it gently. Her mum stood about 5’4, was nice and plump with extremely curly auburn colored hair. Her mum’s blue eyes began to tear up and Ameena nodded.

“I’m fine mum, just really thirsty.” She rasped. Her mum patted her hand and walked out the door to get Ameena something to drink.

“I’m glad you’re awake baby.” Ameena chuckled at her father.

“What happened?” She asked. He gave her the rundown of how some psycho killer came into the hospital and killed many of the patients as well as two nurses, then it all came flying back to Ameena, like a brick to the face. “Lynann!” She shouted as she remembered her best friend.

“She’s fine, she came and stayed a while but went home to get some sleep. The police will want to talk to you soon.” Ameena nodded and struggled to sit up in the bed. She winced as she felt her muscles ache, which must have been from all of the tense moments last night, plus that creep bit the crap out of her neck. Her father helped her and soon her mother reentered the room with a cup of ice water. It was then that Ameena noticed the empty blood bag beside her I.V. bag. Perhaps she hadn’t needed much. A nurse walked into the room, one on the day shift, and took Ameena’s vitals and checked her IV site. She left and a police officer entered.

“Miss Ameena, I have some questions for you.” The officer asked Ameena many questions, and as usual with strange happenings, the officer looked at her with suspicion and disbelief, though having spoken to a patient who lived as well as Lynann he had to believe her. Ameena didn’t like explaining that some strange savage of a man attacked most of the hospital! By the end of the questioning

Ameena was slightly irritated and just ready to be home in her own bed.
The day wore on and finally Ameena was discharged, she went home and played some video games to heal her sunken heart. The funerals of many people would be happening the next few weeks after the autopsies and whatever else needed to be done. Her cat Danika came and plopped her chunky butt down in Ameena’s lap. Ameena patted her head and after another hour of shooting zombies, she decided to lie down in her comfy bed. She lay there for several minutes before drifting off to sleep. She awoke that night to a small pain in her stomach, she took some ibuprofen and sat on her couch to watch some TV. The pain hit her again after ten minutes and she doubled over.

Ameena fell to the floor writhing and groaning as her cat hid in the bedroom. The pain lasted for what seemed like hours but could have been mere minutes. Ameena inhales shakily and sits up, she gasps as she looks around the room. It was as if her senses were on fire, she could hear her cat diving under the bed in the next room, she could smell her grandmother’s perfume on a blanket she had that was stored in a linen closet. “I-I didn’t… I couldn’t have, that stuff is all in movies and books and junk.” Could Ameena be a friggin’ vampire??

By the next day the story had been printed in the local newspaper. Lynann had come over to Ameena’s and the two best friends decided to go out that night. They tried on different outfits and got all gussied up while giggling, trying to erase the slaughter from their memories. Adelia and Tamilynn’s funerals would be in town in a couple of days. Ameena took a deep breath as she stared at her reflection, her skin seemed smoother and clearer. After putting on her makeup she straightened her hair, her lilac colored bangs made her smile. She stepped out of her small bathroom and walked into the living room to see a smiling Lynann. “Ready?” She asked and Ameena nodded.

The two women went to their favorite nightclub and attempted to dance their troubles away in a different town. After a few hours, they called it a night and headed back home. Ameena hugged Lynann and she watched her friend drive down the street heading to her own apartment. She walked to her door opened the screen and began putting the key into the lock. Just as she was about to turn it she heard a voice beside her coming around the corner of her apartment. “Excuse me…” Her blood ran cold as she turned her head and spotted the face that held the voice. It was He. He who had nearly drained all of her blood, He who killed her friends. She gasped and tried harder to turn the key in the lock.

He stepped closer to her, “Wait I-”

She cut him off by making her fist connect with his face. He held his face in his hands and yelled out in agony. “Get away from me you psycho!” Ameena cried and slipped into her apartment locking the door behind her before reaching for her phone. But what if she was turning into a vampire, wouldn’t she need some sort of “teacher”? She stood by the door hearing the man curse under his breath.

“I need to speak to you, Ameena.” He says on the other side of the door. 'Should she speak to him? What if it was just a cover and he was actually going to murder her?' She thought. 'Ooo if he dared to touch her family… or cat, she’d kill him.' She sighed after putting Danika into her bedroom and walked back to the door. She opened it and there he still stood, waiting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to my subscriber!