Status: Currently being postponed

Sick Flesh

Psyche!

Ameena sighed and let the murderer in. "I don't know why I'm doing this. You may have just come over to finish the job." She kicked off her shoes and plopped down onto her large and deceptively heavy maroon couch. (Ameena's outift) It was hideous, Ameena will admit, but comfortable. Ameena glanced at the door not hearing the man enter; he was still standing on the front porch.

"You uh," he clears his through, "have to invite me in." He seemed uncomfortable. 'An awkward vampire, who would have guessed?'
Ameena put on her fakest snobby expression, stared at the man and said, "You may enter." She waved her hand nonchalantly and he stepped in. He ran a strong hand through his hair nervously before speaking.

"Well, you see..." He began, but paused. "The thing is..." Ameena perked a brow and nearly laughed at his attempt to tell her what she already knew.

She sighed, "Look, just tell me what I need to know Dollface. You know, like can silver harm me? Do I blow up when in sunlight? Will a stupid piece of wood kill me?" By this time the tipsy young woman was lying halfway onto the large sofa staring lazily at the very handsome man.

"Wha- uh, well. Your skin will be sensitive to direct sunlight but no, you will not, "blow up". Decapitation is a sure fire way to be killed. You'll have super human strength, speed, and other senses. All of these things we'll continue to go through after you've completed your turning. See, you may have felt the initial pain and some changes, but in fact, tonight will be the finale, so to speak."

Ameena sighed dramatically, raised her arms toward the man, and waited. "Help me up." He walked over to her and lightly pulled on her arms helping her to her feet. “I’ll have some sort of bloodlust, will I not?” She asked and he nodded. “Well then help me put my cat up in the bathroom.” Ameena grabbed Danika’s toys, food and water dish, and her favorite bed then trudged to the bathroom with the man walking behind her carrying the litter box. She placed everything in different areas then searched for her beloved fur baby. She found her hiding under an end table in the living room. She coaxed her out after telling the man to wait in the kitchen. After she placed Danika in the bathroom Ameena turned back to the man, “So, what is your name? And what happens next?”

“My name is Aidan, and when it’s exactly 48 hours after swapping blood then you’ll go into the last phase. It is much more painful than the first and when you come out of it you’ll be immediately thirsty. Although, you will for a short time be nearly as strong as me I’ll be able to keep you from doing, too much damage.”

Ameena snapped back to reality after imagining the horrible pain she’d be in, “Wait, damage?” She questions after snatching up a loose t-shirt and sleep shorts. “Am I going to destroy my own apartment‽” Her voice rose at the end with panic.

“Don’t worry; I’ll stop you, though anything breakable in this room should probably be set somewhere else.” Ameena sighed and took her clothes to the bathroom, changed, gave Danika some kisses and walked back into the bedroom. She then took the lamp from her bedside table and sat it on the floor. She then stuck the lion stuffed animal that was her grandmother’s into her closet. She stepped over to the bed and sat down.

“I don’t remember the exact time that you turned me but it must be pretty s-” Ameena was cut off by an immense pain in her heart and stomach. This was it; she was dying, or giving birth. The room was spinning and she fell backward onto the bed. She clutched the nice fluffy comforter her mother had bought her for her last birthday.

Her groans and wails of anguish filled her bedroom. She hoped her neighbor was not home. The apartments Ameena lived in were like small duplexes so two neighbors shared a wall. After several minutes of writhing around as Aidan looked on she went limp and cold. Ameena hadn’t a clue as to how long she lay dead but when she woke it was beginning to brighten up outside. She assumed it was around 6am or so. She sat up licking her lips, she was so thirsty!

‘Where’s Aidan?’ She thought and glanced around the small room. She looked down and saw she had ripped the comforter in many places ‘oh no!’ Ameena turned and saw Aidan sitting leaning against the wall asleep. She thought he was very attractive, she could see his eyes fluttering underneath his lids. She could pick up her cats breathing in the bathroom. Blood, she could hear it rushing through her cat!

Ameena reached over quickly and shook Aidan awake. “Aidan! I’m thirsty and I want my cat to be safe.” Another cramp hit Ameena and she gripped Aidan’s t-shirt until it passed.

“Here, drink from me; I’ll be able to stop you if you try to take too much. You’ll be satisfied until tonight, and then we’ll hunt.” He said. Ameena reluctantly sank her new fangs into the crook of his arm. The blood flowed almost too easily into her mouth. The crimson liquid was thicker than she had imagined. It reminded her of the Thick and Easy drinks that were served to elderly or those that were not able to swallow well on their own. Her senses seemed to be on fire until Aidan yanked his arm away and she came reeling back into reality.

“Oh! I didn’t take too much did I?” She asked and then paused. “Wait, what do I care? You killed innocent people. In fact, when you’re done teaching me the basics you can leave forever for all I care.” Ameena stood and walked into the bathroom to wash her face and let Danika out. She patted her face dry and stepped over to her closet to pick out some clothes for the day. She grabbed a simple racerback tank top and some basketball shorts. After reentering the bathroom, she changed and walked into the living room. Aidan followed her and sat down on the couch. Ameena started up her Xbox and waited for the home screen to pop up.

“I didn’t do it on purpose. There are bad vampires out there just like there are humans. A group I may have slighted long ago caught me and starved me; they then let me loose on the public. When you’re starved you turn primal, like a young werewolf. I couldn’t stop myself until you injured me and I had to recuperate.
“Well perhaps one day I’ll forgive you. But for now since we have so much time to kill and I can’t be around anyone else yet safely, shall we kill some zombies?” Ameena asked then tossed Aidan a controller.

“Well I haven’t played any games in quite some time.” Ameena chuckled at his admission and attempted to teach him how to play. Later that day it became dark outside and with that came the trip to Aidan’s donor.

Aidan drove them to a larger town and to some middle class high-rise apartments. They go up to the third floor, apartment number 305. Aidan knocked and a woman in her late 40’s opened the door. She seemed happy to see Aidan, but not Ameena. The woman walked away from the door, a scowl on her face, and led them past some scuzzy looking dudes and into her bedroom. Aidan shut the door behind them and proceeded to sit on the bed next to the woman. He handed her some money, Ameena didn’t know how much. “Anna, I was wondering if you knew of any donors for my friend here, she’s new in town.”

The woman stared at Ameena then answered, “Pete!” She shouted. A man, surely no older than 18 walked it, he seemed quite lanky. “Girl needs some blood, be a dear would ya?” The man made his way to Ameena and sat down on the other side of the bed. She sat next to him; if she had been human her heart would have been pounding loudly.

“I uh, think I’ll wait until Aidan finishes.” Ameena said nervously.
The woman shrugs, “Whatever.” What a despicable person she was. Occasionally Ameena stole glances at them and finally noticed a metal stake in the woman’s hand. It didn’t take long for Aidan to finish, the woman bandages herself and Aidan turns to Ameena to give her a reassuring smile. She leant forward and bit down on the man’s arm, the blood was absolutely delicious. Thankfully, Aidan knew Ameena would not be able to come out of the blood coma on her own, he shook her and she released her hold immediately.
♠ ♠ ♠
This took a while to get out I've been super stressed, also it's my birthday, so how about that. A whole 28 years. My niece had a dinosaur princess party yesterday. She loves velociraptors... by the way she's four.