Status: Currently being postponed

Sick Flesh

Explanations

Aidan and Ameena left the apartment complex and headed back to Ameena’s place. Half way there she finally broke the silence, “Well that was slightly awkward. That chick evidently wanted you all to herself.” She smiled and stared out of the window at the dark pastures.

“I suppose, she can get a bit jealous. I’m not sure why, she knows she’s only a donor.” He said while keeping his eyes on the road.

“Well I think you can do better, even if she is just a donor. Speaking of donors, does that mean that

“Pete” will be mine? Because I don’t know about all of that.”

“Well Anna is just my main donor; I have others that I go to as well as blood banks. Drinking live is just better, you can survive off of say, animal blood or the blood bags, but it’s not as satisfying.”
Ameena looked at him shocked, “Animal? No way, poor babies.”

“You don’t want to drink from animals because ‘poor babies’?”

“Yes that’s right. I love animals, and this is great because now I can definitely become vegan…. In a sense.” She shrugged and stared at the stars while Aidan chuckled. Ameena yawned and began to drift off to sleep. She had uber vivid dreams as she rested dreams of blood… and Aidan.

“Ameena, we’re here.” He shook her lightly. She groggily got out of the car and trudged to the front door of her apartment. She slowly unlocked the door and was greeted by Danika. She spotted her phone and saw a blinking light, ‘crap wonder if Dad or Mum tried calling.’ Ameena quickly picked up the phone and found two missed calls from Dad and one from Mum. Oops! It’s late so she texted them both that she had been running errands then passed out. Her dad had text back an I love you, but Ameena assumed her mum was asleep and would message later. She turned around after setting her phone down and Aidan standing in the small entryway. “Yes?”

“Shall I come again tomorrow?”

“If you plan on teaching me things, such as, kickin’ butt, then perhaps. I don’t have to feed every day, do I?” She asked nervously.

“No, twice a week. I wouldn’t try only once, the longer you wait the less control you have.” Twice a week didn’t seem too bad to Ameena. “Well then, I suppose I’ll be off, I’ll come around twilight.”

“Alrighty then.” Ameena gave him a small wave and watched him walk out of the room. Ugh, he’s so pretty don’t you think, Danika?” Ameena watched her orange/blonde tabby crawl out from under the coffee table. “But he killed people, people I know Dannerz.” Danika meowed in agreement. “Oh who am I kidding, anyway? He’s my sire or whatever, that means he’s like my legal guardian.” She sighed, got ready for bed, and fell asleep on her bed. Ameena woke in the afternoon; she called her work and asked how her schedule looked. Surprisingly her boss had given her the week off due to what had happened.

“Sweet! Though that means my check’s going to be shit.” She got up, showered, got dressed, and sat down on the couch to watch TV with Danika in her lap. Ameena wondered why Danika didn’t flee from her, she was a monster now wasn’t she? Did vampires have powers or something aside from heightened senses, strength, and glamour? She’d just have to ask Aidan when he arrived. “He said twilight so that’s like 8:30pm or so.” It was only 3 o’ clock. Ameena wanted to learn to fight and run amazingly fast. “Oh crap! I need to call Lynann.” Ameena snatched up her phone and dialed her best friend.

“Ameena what’s up?”

“Well, I have something to tell you, but I can’t over the phone. Why don’t you come over around 8?” Lynann agreed and they both hung up. Ameena wondered if she would have self-control around her friend. She had eaten just last night that should be enough, right? She had begun to worry and the day wore on until it was soon 8pm. Time for Lynann to arrive. She heard a car pull up and Ameena grew more nervous. “I can do this.” She went to the front door and opened it as Lynann stepped on the porch.

“How are you feeling?” Lynann asked. She walked into the house and sat down on the couch.

“Uh, well, there’s something I need to tell you but I’m not sure how, so I’m just going to-” A sudden knock at the door stopped Ameena mid-sentence. ‘He’s early,’ she thought. She walked over to the door and looked through the peephole, yep it was Aidan. “Lynann, try not to freak out but uh the dude that killed everyone is here.” Lynann’s eyes went wide and she stood up, perhaps to get ready to run or something. “Just wait and I’ll explain. He’s harmless… Now.” Ameena opened the door and let Aidan enter. “Aidan, this is- Lynann.” Ameena glanced in her direction and Aidan followed her gaze.

“I um… Sorry for uh… you know.”

“Allow me. Okay long story short Aidan is a vampire and some douchebag vamps starved him until he became an animal and that’s why he killed all those people.”

“I-I don’t know what to say.” Lynann stood staring at the man who she still saw as a monster. “So he’s just, what better now? And you just forgave him for killing Adelia and Tamilynn?

“I need him.”

Lynann’s mouth fell agape, “Need him for what‽”

“To train me, don’t you see? I’m a vampire!” Ameena exclaimed. It took some time before Lynann was able to come to terms with what she had just said. “Aidan is going to train me in vampire ways or whatever tonight, do you… Do you want to come? I know this is a lot to take in and all, considering we’ve only thought of vampires as fictional.” Ameena waited and her friend finally agreed to join them. They went to the nearest park and walked across the long rickety suspension bridge to the other part of the park with a wide-open space.

“Now, we begin.” His voice was deep and Ameena shuddered.