Status: In progress

Life with the McQueens

Michaela's recovery

"I think she's beginning to come round" JP whispered softly looking at Michaela. Myra who had been sitting praying looked up and disagreed. But JP was right- Michaela was coming round. Just then Carmel entered the room. Nana had gone home to watch Elizabeth and KA while the others were at the hospital.

"Thank God" said Carmel in relief as she returned to find her sister waking up. Mercedes smiled as relief washed over her. "Hi sweetheart" Myra said as she held one of her daughter's hands. "Mommy, where am I" asked Michaela confused. "You're at CHOP, dear Sonny saw you fall hitting your head" explained JP.

Michaela didnt say anything. A consultant came into the room just then. "How is Michaela doing" enquired the consultant as he entered the room. "Better, she's awake now but seems confused" Myra explained.

"I'm sorry but visiting hours are over" Mr Smith apologized. "It's okay, you lot can go home. I'll stay and call if there's any news" Myra said. "Are you sure" asked Carmel looking at her mom. "Yeah I'll be fine, I want to hear what her doctor has to say anyway" Myra added. "Come on Carmel, Mom will be fine" JP said as he led her away. Mercedes and Jacqui followed suit.

Once Myra was alone, Michaela began to wake up. "Hello darling" Myra whispered. "Mom why am I here" Michaela asked. Seeing she was confused, Myra explained as best as she could. "The consultant is coming" she finished up as the doctor entered the room.

"How is she" the doctor asked. "Fine but she seems very groggy and confused" Myra informed the consultant. "Good I think she could be moved to a low dependency unit now". Myra looked shocked, she had not expected that to happen. "Well I'm not sure" she countered but trailed off. "She is out of the dangerous phrase" said the consultant.

He pressed a button calling for a porter. Presently Michaela was moved to another unit on the same floor. Myra called telling the others the good news. "Brillant" JP cried pleased.