Enchantment.

Lying.

"Sweetheart," My mother cooed in my ear as she leaned over the bed, her hand running through my soft but knotty brown hair. "There is nothing in the room with you; I checked from top to bottom." She leaned closer and placed a small kiss on my forehead.

"Do you promise mommy?" I asked in a hushed voice.

"Yes my dear."

I watched as her arm reach out to the doorknob; her free hand switched off the light. It was dark; all I could see was her silhouette as she took one last glance at me, giving me a reassuring smile and left, closing the door behind her. I couldn’t see much once the door was shut; the only light shining into my room was the light of the moon, which projected large shadows against my bedroom walls.

I held the blankets up to my chin as I scanned my bedroom, There was nothing out there, I was safe. I repeated this in my mind.

It took me a little while to relax, but as I managed to convince myself that I was the only one in the room, my eyes started to feel heavy. Then I saw the shadows move. My eyes, now wide open, scanned the room once; I shook my head to shake the sleepiness off, my hands tightly gripping the blankets closer to me.

"There's nothing there." I shut my eyes tightly. "There is nothing there."

My floorboard creaked and a small chuckle came from across my room. I forced my eyes open. His eyes a dark crimson red, his teeth sharp as knives and glistening in the moon light. His fingers traced the edge of my bed as I stared at him.

"She was lying," His voice smooth but with a hint of something else, "I'm right here."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?
sobre mi cadaver helped edit/beta this chapter. Thank you very much :)