Status: Done

Love Bug

Fifteen

Filip’s POV- September 2014
I let out a deep breath as I approached the conveyer belt. I watched as some suitcases came out and I turned when I heard a laugh. I turned around to see a brunette looking at me.

“Looking for these?”

I laughed and nodded as I pulled her up in a hug. She hugged me back and her phone began ringing. She had dyed her hair, but she still looked the same.

“What?”

I laughed because she hooked her arm around my neck to keep her steady.

“Alright, we’ll be there in like 2 minutes”

She hung up and I put her down. I pulled her into a kiss and she tried pulling away but I wouldn’t let her.

“Fil, Max is waiting”

I hummed against her mouth.

“He can wait” I mumbled making her laugh.

“He’s going to get a citation. Come on now, the only reason he didn’t get one was because Jackie flirted her way out of it”

She grabbed the smallest suitcase and I followed her out.

“When did you dye your hair?” I asked.

“This morning, Angie and Jackie did it for me. Do you like it?”

“Any hair color suits you. It brings out your eyes more” I said.

She gave me a smile and stopped infront of a black jeep. I froze a bit when I remembered she said her bestfriend Jackie was here.

“Your car?” I asked as i opened the trunk of the car.

Two voices could be heard and it sounded like they were fighting over music.

“Yes, my parents agreed to let me bring mine over since Angie was using Max’s”

I nodded and I put the suitcases in the back. I dusted my pants and looked up to see Max looking at me. He gave me a smile and I chuckled when he wrinkled his face. I turned around when I heard a squeal.

“Filip, this is Jackie”

I smiled at the girl and shook her hand.

“Nice to meet you” I told her.

She nodded and I laughed when she pulled me into a hug.

“I’m a hugger and any person who makes Emma happy is my friend”

I hugged her back and she pulled away.

“Max, stop making that face”

I turned to Max who shook his head.

“You two are going to be so gross”

He made his way to the drivers seat and I looked at Emma as Jackie went to the passenger seat.

“His foot is fine, so he claims”

I nodded and Emma got in the front with Max. Max noticed me looking at him, slightly worried about me dying

“It’s the left foot, calm down”

He began driving and Emma turned to look at me.

“Are you tried?”

“Not really, I’m hungry” I told him.

She nodded.

“Alright, do you want to go eat at Angie’s?”

I nodded and she smiled. Her cousin’s restaurant served great food.

“Alright”

Max made a face.

“I was there this morning”

Jackie turned to him with a slight frown and smacked his arm making him groan.

“I’m driving!”

She huffed a bit.

“You are not, it’s a red light. Just drive to Angie’s and stop complaining”

He rolled his eyes and mumbled something in Spanish. She looked at him and he grinned at her.

“Smartass”

Max yelped and Jackie grinned at him. She then turned to me and smiled.

“He works there”

I nodded and we made it there pretty quick. We got out and I let out a yawn. I looked at the time and tried to ignore the exhaustion setting in. Jackie’s phone started ringing and answered speaking fluent Spanish. She waved at us indicating she’d be right over.

“We can eat, then take you home”

Max nodded and looked at me.

“If he can finish a meal”

I laughed and followed them inside. Angie smiled when she spotted us.

“You’re back!”

I was pulled into a hug and I leaned on her when she squeezed me.

“Don’t suck the energy out of him, he literally just got in”

Angie looked at me and nodded as she gave my side a pat.

“Alright, let’s get you three fed quickly then”

I nodded and reached for Emma’s hand. I followed them to our booth and Max laughed when he looked at me.

“Can you chew?”

I gave him a smile and rubbed my face.

“Are you going to shower?”

I nodded and he looked at Emma.

“We’re staying at his place for a bit. He might end up killing himself”

I nodded.

“I might” I said making them laugh.

I ordered chicken soup, Emma ordered a side because she wasn’t hungry and Max ordered a grilled cheese. Jackie got in just in time to order. She ordered some nachos.

“What’d your parents want?”

Jackie looked at Max.

“They were asking me when move in day was”

Emma nodded and thanked Aleks who gave us our drinks.

“Well you start until October”

Jackie nodded, apparantly she went to school on a Quarter system and this school was a Semester system. Meaning one term was 20 weeks for Emma. For Jackie one term was 10 weeks. Emma’s school year consisted of 2 while Jackie’s consisted of 3.

“Yea, they forgot about that. You know how protective they are”

Emma nodded and smiled.

“You miss school, don’t lie”

Jackie looked at her and glanced at me.

“I don’t miss the exams, but I do miss the atmosphere”

Max laughed and looked at her.

“You’re always high aren’t you?”

She rolled her eye.

“Although my school is weed friendly I cannot be high all the time. I’m an RA as well at school. I have to be there a week in advance. Fuck my life right?”

Emma laughed and Jackie shrugged.

“I’m in charge of returning students, and they’re the last to move in. I just have to email them or go knock on their door”

Emma nodded and Max looked at her.

“Are you a strict RA?”

Jackie shook her head.

“If it disturbs other students then that’s when I come in”

I took a sip of my water and she looked up.

“Food”

We began eating, a light chatter going on in between them. I was involved in some of the chatter but most of it was Jackie. How she is Emma’s bestfriend was something surprising. Jackie was loud and a bit more out there where as Emma was a little quiet and guarded.

We finished our food and I let out a yawn making Jackie nudge Max.

“Should we go?”

I nodded and let out another yawn.

“We should, you look like you’re about to pass out”

I nodded at them; the food had made me even more tired. We paid for our food and made our way out.

“Filip”

I turned around to see Angie making her way over.

“What time do you think you’ll be awake tomorrow?”

“Like 9, 10 the latest” I told her.

She nodded and smiled.

“I’ll pick you up for breakfast. Emma can meet us when she’s out of class”

Emma nodded and put her arm on my hip when I began leaning on her. Jackie noticed and she spoke up.

“We should go now, he’s leaning”

Angie nodded and smiled.

“Ok, take care. I’l see you three tonight”

Emma waved her off and we walked to the car. I got into the car and Emma looked at me.

“Where do you live?”

I pulled my phone out and she took it when I handed it to her. She pressed navigate and Max began driving.

“That building is nice”

I nodded.

“Are you the first one here?”

“They get here in a few hours. Calle and Mattias” I told them.

Emma nodded and we got to the place. Max parked the car and we unloaded the car. Emma took a suitcase and we made our way to the lobby.

“I need my key” I told them.

I approached the receptionist desk. The man gave me a smile and nodded.

“Mr. Forsberg”

I nodded and he handed me my key.

“We can do the signatures tomorrow. You look like you need rest”

I laughed and nodded.

“Thanks” I told him.

He nodded and I followed Emma, Jackie, and Max to the elevator

“Mr. Forsberg”

I stopped the elevator from closing.

“Did you bring a car?”

I nodded.

“The model?”

“It’s the black Jeep with California plates”

The man nodded and pulled his phone out. Jackie turned to Max and hummed lightly.

“Parking permits, fancy place”

I chuckled and we made our way out of the elevator. I opened the door to my apartment and walked in.

“It’s furnished”

I nodded and I looked at Emma.

“I need this suitcase” I told her.

Emma nodded and handed me the small suitcase. She followed me pushing the bigger suitcase.

“It’s so nice in here!”

Emma laughed as she heard Jackie’s voice from this distance. I lifted my suitcase to put it on the bed. I pulled out a pair of boxers and a towel.

“Go shower, I’ll be in the living room with Jackie and Max”

I nodded and went to shower. When I got out, I heard them talking. I walked into the living room and Max looked up grinning at me. Jackie hummed in approval and I suddenly realized I should have worn more clothes.

“You are right Emma, he did get thicker”

Jackie nodded and looked at Emma.

“I approve”

Emma laughed and shook her head.

“I need to go buy a few things across the street” I said.

“We got you covered on the toothpaste and toothbrush”

Emma stood up and handed me a new toothbrush and a travel sized toothpaste.

“Where’d you get this?” I asked her.

“Some residents never showed up to get them. I have like 10”

I nodded and went to brush my teeth.

“Come on, you need to go to bed”

I followed Emma who closed the blinds as I fixed the bed. I lied down and groaned.

“My whole body is numb” I mumbled making her laugh.

“I’m sure it is”

I looked at her.

“Lay here with me until I fall asleep” I told her.

She nodded and lied down on top of the blankets. She kissed my cheek and I gave her a smile.

“I missed you” I told her.

She smiled and pecked my lips.

“I missed you too”

I let out a deep breath and closed my eyes. I was out in less than 2 minutes because all I remember is her moving and kissing my cheek. I heard them leave but my body was to tired to even form a reaction.