Status: Done

Love Bug

Twenty Five

Filip’s POV- December 2014
Emma was finishing up her homework when she looked up. She was sitting on the one-person couch next to the window, while Max was in the dining room next to the balcony door. Max let out a deep sigh and I raised an eyebrow at them because they were being weird. They gave each other looks and finally Emma stood up.

“Who’s on duty?”

Max pulled out his phone.

“Hanna, but she’s doing rounds”

Emma made a face and rushed to her room.

“What’s going on?” I asked Max.

“We have to write up”

Emma came back and they both left the apartment. I made my way to the window and I realized what exactly was going on. 4 guys were smoking weed under a tree. They cursed when Emma and Max approached them. Emma looked at one of them who gave her a small smile. They talked about something and Emma nodded patting the guy on his shoulder.

“I owe you”

She laughed and nodded.

“You always say that. Go do that in your room”

Max and Emma made their way to the room and one of them asked how he knew Emma.

“Freshman year, coed floor. She was my neighbor, and Max was my roommate”

“You’re seeing her housemate right?”

The guy nodded and smiled.

“What’s her name again?”

“Haley”

So that was the guy Haley was seeing at the moment. The door opened and Emma walked in.

“It was just Mike”

I rose an eyebrow, and Max laughed.

“He was my roommate freshman year, cool guy. He only smokes weed from time to time and the idiot thought our windows were closed”

Emma laughed and Haley made her way into the kitchen.

“Your boyfriend was outside smoking weed”

Haley laughed and grabbed a baguette.

“He’s not my boyfriend”

Emma grinned.

“Yet”

Haley just rolled her eyes and began pulling things out to make a sandwich.

“Are you three hungry?”

I nodded as did Max and Emma.

“I’ll make the whole thing then”

Emma thanked her and she made her way over.

“You never told me how your date with Mike went?’”

Haley looked at Emma and smiled.

“You never told me how Thanksgiving went”

I laughed and Emma rolled her eyes at her housemate. I sat down on the couch with my back to them. Max laughed and made his way to his spot in the dining table.

“We ate a lot of turkey, and Filip got a bit tipsy on the wine”

I nodded agreeing with Emma.

“And I’m spending Christmas in Nashville”

Haley gasped and I turned around to see them.

“No fucking way! Ahhh! You’re coming home with me while Filip is gone! My mom misses you”

Emma nodded and Max looked at her.

“I’m going to be here too”

Haley smiled.

“You can come as well! We can go to that coffee shop you loved Max”

Max’s love for coffee was something. He didn’t’ work at the coffee shop, but that didn’t mean he stopped making me coffee. He had a magical touch when it came to coffee.

“Yes! I had forgotten about the place, could your mom make Challah though?”

Haley laughed and nodded.

“Of course”

“What’s that?” I asked.

Max looked at me.

“Challah is braided bread eaten by Jewish people during Shabbat and Jewish holidays. You do know Haley is Jewish right?”

I shook my head and Haley laughed.

“I don’t keep Kosher that’s why”

I nodded and she smiled at me.

“I’ll make some on Friday morning, I need to make it this week for Shabbat here anyways”

Max cheered in success and she cut up the sandwich she and Emma had made.

“Come on now, put away those books and Filip make your way to the dining room”

I nodded and stood up. I washed my hands and bumped into Emma making her laugh. Haley rolled her eyes as I gave Emma a kiss.

“You two are so gross”

I laughed and thanked Haley who gave me a plate with my sandwich. She stopped me and sniffed a bit.

“You smell great”

I laughed.

“Thank you?” I said stepping around her.

She laughed and Emma smiled.

“He finds it weird”

Haley rolled her eyes.

“I smell Max all the time”

Max nodded agreeing and took a bite of his food.

“She does, but my sisters do that. It’s a girl thing”

I nodded and took a bite of my food. Emma sat next to me and we began eating. Haley asked how hockey was going, and the conversation shifted to her and the guy she was seeing.

“He’s liked you since freshman year”

Haley looked at Max.

“And why am I barely finding about this?”

Max laughed.

“He’s shy, and he made me promise me not to tell you”

Haley hummed.

“You just told me”

Max laughed.

“Cause you know he’s into you”

Haley nodded agreeing and took a bite of her sandwich.

“I knew as well, but how could you not tell Hales? He stuttered everytime he spoke with you”

Haley shrugged.

“So, is your mom meeting him?”

Haley nodded.

“Yes, he wants to ask my parents if he can be my boyfriend”

Max nodded.

“Cool, when you get married and have children I want one named after me”

Haley rolled her eyes and took a sip of her water.

“So when are you asking Hanna out?”

He rolled her eyes and she hummed as she took another sip of her water.

“We’re talking about you and Mike, not this weird thought you have in your mind”

Haley rolled her eyes and smiled at him.

“How’s that singing class?”

Max nodded.

“She’s having us record some songs, it’s cool”

Haley nodded.

“I’m taking the photography class with her husband next year”

Emma nodded as well.

“I want to take it as well, and she said she could get me recommended”

Haley smiled.

“That’s great, I stalked him and spoke with him. Showed him some of my work”

“You’re a photographer?” I asked Haley.

She nodded.

“I like taking pictures when I can. My parents were actually season ticket holders before I started school. I would go to your guys’ practices and just take pictures”

“That’s cool, why aren’t you a season ticket holder anymore?” I asked.

She smiled and shrugged.

“My parents pay a fourth of my tuition, so I decided I could go to some games and not all”

I nodded and made a mental note to get Emma an extra ticket so she could bring Haley with her.

“I see” I said.

She smiled and nodded.

“Don’t feel bad about it, we have the money but I wanted to focus on school”

I nodded and she looked at Emma.

“Reveal is next week”

Emma smiled.

“That’s cool, does she have any idea who you are?”

Haley shook her head.

“She does not. The girls keep asking me if you’re coming back?”

Emma nodded and took a sip of her iced tea.

“Yea, I need to talk to them about it. It’s a maybe for next semester but I’ll be active next year”

Haley nodded and turned to me.

“What’d you think of Emma’s family?”

I nodded and she smiled.

“She has a big family” I said making Haley nod.

“Yea, she does. They’re all lovely though. I’m sure Andy will break soon”

Emma laughed and Max shook his head.

“He seems to want to hate Filip for a bit longer”

I laughed and nodded. Emma’s youngest brother had decided he did not like me without getting to know me.

“He wants the best for his sister, and I hate that you’re going to meet her Beagle before me”

I laughed and Haley frowned at me. It was nice to interact with her friends. Jackie, Emma’s bestfriend liked that I made Emma happy. She had no problem with me, and I would meet more of Emma’s friends later.