Status: Done

Love Bug

Fifty Four

Filip’s POV- New Years Eve 2015
Since I was buzzed I let Emma have her way and get me to dance as long as she wanted. Pictures had been taken so I didn’t care that I was sweating. Emma looked gorgeous in that dress she had. Her hair was still an ombre color, and it was up in an updo. Even coach was taking a sip of wine and enjoying his night with his family. The song finished and I grinned when Shut Up and Dance began playing. Emma began singing along and I followed pulling her closer to me. Half way through the song she leaned in closer to my ear.

“It’s almost midnight, let’s go outside”

I nodded and she grabbed my hand. I followed her and let out a deep breath as the cold air hit me. She took a big gulp of a waterbottle she grabbed on her way out and handed me the other bottle. I finished it in 4 gulps and I let out a deep breath.

“I don’t think I have danced this much, ever” I admitted making her smile.

“You’re so sweaty!”

She pulled me into a kiss and I laughed when she pulled away.

“It’s not gross?” I asked.

She smiled.

“You’ve hugged me when you reek, this is nothing”

I laughed and pecked her lips. I pulled away and looked up at the sky.

“It’s so nice outside”

I nodded looking up at the sky.

“This year is going to be good for you” I said.

She looked up at me as I looked down at her.

“Where ever you will be studying next school year, just know I am incredibly proud of you” I told her.

She smiled.

“We’ll make it work” I said assuring her.

She nodded and kissed my jaw.

“I know, I’m not worried about that”

I was, I was completely terrified. It was selfish but I didn’t want her to leave Nashville. She had mentioned during family skate that her top priority was Stanford. Stanford was 2,280.1 miles from Nashville…I should know, I googled it.

“I love you” I told her.

She pecked my lips and smiled at me.

“I love you too, and just know I’m incredibly proud of you as well”

I smiled and she rubbed my arm.

“Let’s enjoy the time we have left then?” I asked.

She gave me a smile.

“Don’t think about that now”

I nodded and she kissed my jaw.

“3!....2!...1! Happy New Years!”

I smiled and pulled her into a kiss. She kissed back and the only reason we pulled away was because Josh came out with fireworks and began popping them. I hugged my girlfriend and looked around. Maybe at this time next year she’d be in California but I was going to make this relationship work. Not right now, but in a few years when she was done with school I saw myself starting a family with her.