Status: Done

Love Bug

Fifty Seven

Emma’s POV- April 2016
Calle texted me telling me to go to Filip’s apartment saying I had got something in the mail that made Filip kick him out. He also texted me saying Filip was alone in his apartment. I was currently at Angie’s house with her and Jake, Mason’s brother.

“I got into Stanford” I told Angie making her squeal.

Jake just nodded slowly and smiled. He was there when I found out.

“Oh my god! Ahhh I’m so proud of you!”

“I’m not going” I said.

She looked at me as Jake nodded slowly.

“I got a full ride somewhere else” I said.

She nodded slowly.

“Stanford wasn’t stepping up?”

I shook my head and smiled.

“I’m staying in Nashville” I said making her squeal.

“Ahh! I’m so proud of you! Wait till Filip finds out!”

I laughed and let her hug me. Jake already knew because he was there when my professor handed me the letter. He had personally looked for a Scholarship that would allow me to pay for everything.

“Filip is probably freaking out with my acceptance letter” I said making her frown.

“Well go tell him!”

“There’s more” I said.

Angie nodded and told me to continue.

“Jake needs a place to stay cause he’s doing all his research here” I said.

She smiled and looked at Jake.

“You sly man”

He laughed and she hugged him. Shortly after he got his Doctorate last year, he moved to LA to focus on some research. An old professor of his wanted him to be a part of it, and he gladly accepted it. His professor’s husband was a surgeon and he was in charge of the program. She couldn’t really hep as much because she had terminal cancer, but she trained Jacob. She trained him what to do and eventually she got incredibly sick and passed away. Jake was not seeing any results there, so he began looking for Universities that would allow him to research. He kept asking me if I was staying in Nashville and I snapped at him after a while, he then told me he was looking for a place to do his research. The research involved ABI’s and his professor would do the surgery and Jake would be in charge of what was to come. The research was being done on children, newborns. They were looking for 2 graduate students to be a part of it, and Jake said I was more than qualified. I just needed to apply. I could possibly help these children with their speech impediments.

Jake pulled away and looked at me.

“Emma! Go!”

I nodded and rushed to my car. I drove to Filip’s apartment and let myself in. Filip was staring at the package on the coffee table. His hands were covering his mouth and he glanced up when I walked in.

“I got in” I told him.

He stood up and pulled me into a tight hug.

“I’m so proud of you”

I thanked him as I pressed my nose against his shoulder.

“It’s going to suck not seeing you as often but we can make this work. We trust each other and”

I pulled away and smiled.

“I’m not going” I told him.

He looked at me.

“Emma, if this is about me”

I shook my head.

“I got a full ride to another program, and possibly a research position” I said.

He nodded slowly.

“Where’d you get the full ride to?”

I smiled and pulled out an envelope from my bag. He opened it and smiled as he read what was on the paper.

“You’re staying in Nashville?”

I nodded and he picked me up.

“Move in with me?”

He spun me around and hummed.

“Yes? No?”

I nodded and he kissed my forehead.

“I’m so proud of you, but I can pay for Stanford if you really want to go”

I laughed and looked at him.

“Of course not, I got a full ride to this program. Why on earth would I give that up when I know the professors?” I asked.

He smiled and shrugged.

“I’m so proud of you, incredibly proud of you”

I smiled when his voice cracked. I pulled him into a kiss and hugged him.

“Don’t cry or else I will, there should be no crying” I said making him laugh.

He nodded and hugged me tighter. I would be here in Nashville for the following 4 years, and I was going to be living with Filip. I knew he was bound to ask me to move in with him because he had asked my dad. Amelia told me because she found dad wheeping saying “how grown up I was”.