Status: Done

Love Bug

Seven

Emma’s POV- June 2014
My mom walked into the house and she stopped in the living room. Josh was out cold on the other couch and Andy was cuddled up to me fast asleep. Both of them had ice packs on their back.

“How was practice?”

She made her way into the kitchen and hummed.

“They both ate it pretty bad trying out a new dive” I said.

She let out a light laugh.

I reached for a pillow and slowly replace myself with it. I had gone with them to practice, and well my old coach was there. Old or not, he will always be referred to coach by me. He was happy to see me, even gave me a bone-crushing hug to prove it. It was nice to see him, but a little part of me felt a little guilty for not visiting him last summer. He jokingly asked if I was ever coming back, but I know he was actually asking me if I was.

I wasn’t supposed to retire after the surgery, but I was scared. I didn’t want to compete because I didn’t want to see how slow I had gotten. He was a little disapointed, but he agreed that I needed to go to college. I couldn’t say no to helping him around though, I even got into the water. It was nice, but I just didn’t see myself swimming at the moment. So after 3 gold medals and 3 silver medals I retired.

I made my way to the kitchen and she smiled. I turned around and smiled at my dad.

“My beautiful ladies”

He gave me my mom a light peck on her lips and pulled me into a hug.

“How was your day?”

“I took the boys to practice” I said.

He nodded and kissed my forehead.

“Did you get into the pool?”

I nodded.

“Yea, I bet you can smell the chlorine on me” I said.

“I can which is why I asked”

He rubbed my arm and looked at my mom.

“Let’s just grill something”

Mom looked at him.

“Seems nice, doorbell”

I told them I’d get it so I made my way to the front door. I unlocked the door and opened it. I smiled when I saw Mason, Angie’s bestfriend.

“Hi” I said.

He gave me a smile.

“You’re back”

I nodded and let him in.

“I’ve been back for a while now” I said as I hugged him.

“Until when?”

“August” I said.

He nodded and rubbed his arm.

“Your parents?”

“Kitchen” I said.

He nodded and excused himself. He worked for my parents; Mason was an electrical engineer. Since he was wearing a suit I bet he was at a meeting. Angie and him never dated or anything but they were each other’s first kiss. Amelia had a small crush on him. At one point everyone had a crush on Mason, he’s just a total gentleman.

I made my way into the kitchen and saw my mom was now prepping food to grill.

“Mason honey, are you staying?”

Mason looked at my mom and rubbed his neck.

“It’s kind of hard to say no to you boss”

She smiled.

“We’re grilling tonight, you love grilling”

He nodded slowly and him and my dad went to the backyard.

“He’s so handsome”

“Who is?”

I turned and looked at Amelia. She walked in and pushed her hair back.

“Mason is here”

She smiled and looked at the glass door where Mason was drinking a beer with my dad.

“Why’d he come?”

“To give dad some paper work. Help me chop, and you can take it out”

I reached for a carrot and ate it. I pulled my phone out and sent Filip a text. My phone began ringing just as Amelia walked out with a plate.

“Hello” I said.

“Hey, what are you doing?”

“Just here in the kitchen watching my mom chop stuff” I said.

My mom looked at me and smiled.

“Can we facetime?”

“Yea, let me call you through my laptop” I said.

My mom frowned as I stood up. I made my way to my room. I locked my door and opened my laptop. I called him and hung my phone up when his face appeared on the screen.

“Hey”

I smiled.

“Hey yourself” I said.

“You look tan”

I smiled and nodded.

“Yup, I’ve been driving to LA to run at the beach” I said.

“How far are you from the beach?”

“I live in Ontario, so like an hour or so” I said.

He nodded.

“So you live inland? That’s how you say it right?”

“I do, and yea that’s how you say it” I said.

He nodded and moved around.

“I’m outside, how hot is it over there? You’re hardly wearing clothes”

I laughed, and looked at my outfit. I was wearing shorts and a tanktop.

“It’s pretty hot right now” I said.

We chatted about how he was doing until my mom knocked on my door to tell me dinner was ready.

“I’ll text you”

I nodded and smiled at him as I waved at the screen.

“Yea, bye” I said.

“Miss you”

I smiled and nodded.

“Miss you too” I said.

He smiled and the screen went black as the call ended.. I closed my laptop and made my way downstairs. Andy and Josh were up now and in the backyard.

“Finally, we’re hungry”

“You two just woke up” I said fixing Andy’s hair.

I sat down in between them and in front of Mason.

“How’s life Mason?” I asked as my mom handed me a plate of food.

“It’s alright, working on a project with Amelia”

I nodded and took a bite of my food.

“So you fly around as well?” I asked.

He nodded and I smiled.

“Cool, how is Denver? Lia never tells me” I said.

“Work keeps us pretty busy”

I nodded and he ate a spoonful of rice.

“We go to hockey and baseball games”

Andy made a face and Mason laughed. My brothers and family were strictly Dodgers, and Kings fans.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry i haven't posted! My aunt had surgery on Monday and she's still recovering which means that my mom and i have been over helping her around.