The Inquisition

Back in Black

Mr. Chambers washed his hands in a basin towards the back of the room. The floor covered in plastic, was sticky from all the blood. Occasionally, he would hear the crack of bone fragments being crushed under his heavy black boots.
Joey was unconscious, the morphine had worn off, and the pain made him succumb to a black out.

All that Mr. Chambers needed to do, was break an ammonia ampule under his nose to revive him. For a few good measures, Mr. Chambers broke Joey's nose and removed two more teeth.

Joey awoke from the ampoule, "Holy shit! Leave me alone! Fuck off man! Just please, fuck off!"

Mr. Chambers smiled to himself, this man was almost broken.
He lifted Joey's head by his hair, gazing coldly into the man's bloodshot eyes.

"Time for more. Ready?"

Elsewhere in a small safehouse...

The little girl sat quietly in the dimly lit room. She was sad that her guardian wasn't home yet. He told her that he wouldn't be long, that it was a routine job. She understood, but only wished he would stay with her always. She loved him deeply, not quite like a father, nor a brother. She wa only 13, but smart and quick for her age. She was a mute. She could not speak to verbalize her thoughts and concerns. She knew what her guardian did for a living, she even found some irony in a man with such a calling, to watch over a girl who could not speak. His job to make others talk through pain, yet her eternal silence he never asked for her to break, and it seemed to cause him saddening pain. But he was good to her, treated her well, and was always selfless. She loved him, and she only hoped that he could one day love her like a daughter, or a sister.

"You said you liked music right Mr. Ferelli? Well I'm going to play a favorite of mine that I hope you will also enjoy!" Mr. Chambers said, pulling out of his large black trunk, a portable CD player with mini speakers.

He pressed play, and Johnny Cash's "When the man comes around" started up.

"How fitting yes?"

Mr. Chambers started to go through Joey's belongings that had been piled in the corner of the small room. He found his wallet, searched through it, and withdrew one of his credit cards.

"This is a popular thing to do in the UK. It's like a mini-curbie," Mr. Chambers said cheerfully, forcing open Joey's mouth and inserting the credit card in between his upper and lower rows of teeth, so the thin edges of the card were pressed against the tender back wall of his gum line.

Without any hesitation, Mr. Chambers punched the end of the card sticking out of Joey's mouth, sending the thin sharp edges of the plastic deep into his gums.
Joey screamed as Mr. Chambers withdrew the spit and blood smeared card.

"I know that will make talking painful, and for that I apologize..but unless you talk..I'm going to do worse...much worse.."

Joey spat out a mouthful of blood, "Okay okay! It was...fuck...it was an Irish loan shark! He's a good friend of mine!" He stammered as quickly as possible.

Mr. Chambers smiled, this man was now fully and efficiently broken.
He was satisfied with his handiwork, and walked to the door to let Irish mob know, Joey Ferelli was ready to talk.