The Inquisition

Clean up

"Ferelli is beat. Get yer shite together, and meet up with Gavin upstairs!"

The announcement was loud and crackly on the meat packing plants intercom system.

"Bout fuckin' time eh?" Bull said, tossing his newspaper to the side and slowly rising out of his chair.

Duke nodded, reluctantly switching off the radio to his baseball game, "Cripes man, let's just get this fuckin' shite done with, I got a grand ridin on-"

"Yeah no shite! Ye been tellin us that fer the past fuckin' four hours!" Murph said impatiently.

"Jaysis Bull, the little twat of a carbunkle has gotten the minerals to talk shite! Right then boyo, let's have it then!" Duke said, whipping out a switch blade knife.

Murph spat irritably, and withdrew a .38 revolver from his jacket.

"Ye stupid cunt! It's like ye to bring a shiv to a gunfight!"

Bull got between them, brandishing his sawed off double-barreled shotgun, "Alright ladies, settle down, or I put a pound O' buckshot in each one of ye!"

"GET YER ASSES UPSTAIRS NOW!! THAT MEANS YOU THREE IN THE BREAK ROOM!" crackled the intercom, ending the tense Mexican standoff.

"What will ye do with him now?" Gavin asked Mr. Chambers as they both stood over the bloody and broken man.

"Release is not an option. Death is the only sensible answer," Chambers said calmly, staring hard at his projects limp form still handcuffed in the chair.

"Ye mean, kill him eh? Alright, I'll get one of me boys to do the job for ye-" Gavin started to say.

"I'd rather do it myself. No extra charge, just something I do as a final service to them,"

Gavin nodded, not about to deny an inquisitor a final request after such a fine job done.
But it came off as more of an informative rhetorical remark, rather than a question for permission.

Gavin trusted Inquisitors, therefore he didn't like them. He didn't like trusting people, because they could stab him in the back alot easier. But he only shrugged, turned and left the room. He had to get his men together, so they could leave according to the plan without attracting any negative attention.

Mr. Chambers circled his project for the last time. He fished out his last remaining syringes of watered down morphine, injecting them both into Joey's arm.

Joey groaned in protest, but it soon subsided.

"Easy flesh." Chambers said quietly and coldly, "You did your part, it took time, but you played it well. Now that I have what I want, and they have what they want, I'll give you what you want."

Joey's head was cocked to the side, "What's that?"

Chambers gently took Joey's head in his hands, and with a quick deliberate twist, snapped the neck. He then quickly snapped it in the opposite direction, Joey's body jerking and convulsing from his vertebrae being twisted off. Thin watery blood mixed with white milky spinal fluid dribbled out of his ears, nose and eye sockets.

"Sleep gentle" Chambers said, giving the dead man a pat on the back before uncuffing him.

Chambers pulled out a black body bag from his large black chest, and zipped Joey up in it.
He then knocked on the door, the guard still standing post, came in.

"Ready for disposal, the lining of the bag has white phosphorous embedded in it, so once you set it on fire, it will burn quickly and efficiently until nothing remains. You may dispose of the plastic liners of this room as well. I am done here."

The guard nodded, Chambers grabbed his large black chest, and began to wheel it out.

Chambers didn't see the guard pull out a blue-steeled .45 ACP pistol, and aim it at the back of his head....