The Inquisition

You Should Be Dead Right Now

Jack watched calmly, as Asher moved in for the kill. After all that had been said, Jack still didn't care about Asher's whiny situation. This only proved how more hardened and adapt Jack was, compared to Asher.

"Here it comes..." Asher snarled as he brought the chain down upon Jack.

Jack cringed from the sharp links cutting into his face. Asher laughed with joy at the sight of the blood now trickling from the wound. He swung again, catching Jack across the chin with the chain. More shredded skin tissue and blood. Asher backed away, his back now turned towards his victim, his project.

"I've waited so long for this boy! You have no idea how long I had to plan this out!" Asher said triumphantly.

While his back was turned, Jack ran his tongue against the inner lining of his cheek. He worked the razor blade loose from the small wad of gum that was suspending it in place. He had been taught this tactic by Judge Faust himself. He moved the razor to teeth, biting down to hold the blade in place. Now, he waited for Asher to approach him again.

"It's time to end this," Asher said, turning back around to face Jack.

He slowly approached Jack, a mad look in his eyes, "With your death, comes great salvation."

He raised his arm up high, ready to strike the killing blow. Without another moment of hesitation, Jack grinned, curling back his lips. With the razor blade exposed, Jack lurched to the side, the chain striking his left shoulder instead of his head. Ignoring the pain, Jack violently jerked his head from left to right, using the razor blade held between his teeth to cut a deep and wide swath in Asher's wrist and forearm.

Asher reeled back, surprised and horrifed by the intense pain now arcing up his arm. Blood spurted out of his wrist, a major arterie having been cut open. He dropped the chainsaw chain, clutching his wound. Blood continued to pour freely, Asher shot Jack a look of hatred and disgust.

"You cheap bitch!" he screamed.

With all his strength, Jack lifted his cemented hands up, then brought them down hard onto the ground. He did this two more times, stopping when the still moist concrete chipped and crumbled from the violent poundings. Now freed, Jack rose to his feet. Without hesitation, Jack reached behind his back, grasping the cold hilt of an extendable baton. He had it kept in a custom made spine holster. He withdrew it and with a flick of his wrist, the long telescopic rod shot forth from the hilt. Jack now approached Asher, his baton held out in front of him.

Asher screamed and charged at Jack, his brass knuckle clad fist swinging madly. Jack stepped to the side, feinting and dodging the attack easily. He brought his baton down hard, a backhand swipe, upon Asher's head. Asher grunted from the blow, stumbling head long into the dirt. He rose to his feet, his eyes twitching from the well placed blow. He withdrew a folding knife from his boot, flicking it open.

Jack didn't give him time to use it, he rushed upon Asher and brought his baton crashing down on his right collar bone and temple. Asher stumbled again, dazed but not out. Jack knew Asher was resilient to pain, it's threshold was infinite. Even though he was bleeding to death, Asher would continue fighting no matter what.

Jack knew this. He knew he had to be twice as brutal and vicious as Asher in order to beat him. He ran up onto the still dazed Asher, swinging his baton in brutal arcs and swings, each one landing and breaking a bone. The sick crack and smack of the metal baton rang out in the twilight, accompanied by Asher's cries of pain and rage.

This was it, end it now or never. Jack struck Asher from behind the knee caps, dropping him to his knees. Jack brought the baton down hard on Asher's head, over and over. Jack could see Asher's eyes fluttering and rolling upwards from each blow landed. Blood spattered the baton and Jack's face, but he continued the assault. Two more blows and the baton was bent in half. Jack tossed the useless weapon to the side, staring hard at the dying man in front of him.

"It's..not over.." Asher sputtered between swollen bruised lips smeared with his own blood.

"Not nearly," Jack said with a sick grin, as he reached down and picked up the dropped chainsaw chain.

He walked over, slowly and casually to the slumped over man, who was now twitching from shattered nerves and bones. He knelt down calmly, wrapping the chain around Asher's face. Asher tried to resist, but a few solid punches to the kidneys and ribs stopped him in his feeble attempts to defend himself.

"Just remember Asher, you started this, so I'm ending this," Jack said coldly.

And with that, Jack yanked hard on the chain that was wound like a top's string around Asher's head and face. There was no time for him to scream, as the razor sharp chain sliced and tore his face and head to pieces. He toppled over, face down into the mud.

Jack dropped the chain, sighed, and knelt down next to the body. He stared unblinking at the body, a smile curled his lips. He stood up, leaving the scene. He hoped it was the last time he'd have to face an enemy like that ever again.