The Inquisition

"You thank me now, but you'll hate me later".

Chambers paced his project, his occupational piece twitching in the chair.
"Are those ropes uncomfortable?"
Except for his heavy breathing, Joey was silent.
Chambers grabbed him by the hair and lifted his head to face him, "I asked you a question Mr. Ferelli."
Joey wheezed, "Yeah, their fucking uncomfortable alright?!"
Chambers narrowed his eyes, "Were you just asking me a question?"
"What? No! No!"
Before Joey could utter an excuse, Chambers clamped his right hand on Joey's jaw, "When will you learn?"
He held Joey's Jaw in a vise like grip; with his free hand he unrolled a portion of the red velvet.
He presented a pair of stainless steel dental pliers and with it, proceeded to pull out one of Joey's top incisors.
"Fuck no! Fucking stop! Please!"
Chambers ignored him, and with one hard yank; withdrew the pliers with the extracted tooth in tow.
"Oh fug! oh fug!" Joey wailed, unable to make proper words with the gushing hole in his gums.
Chambers grabbed ahold of Joey's jaw again, causing him to wince and groan.
"Shut up. I am not interested in your pain, or your situation. For the last time, I ask the questions. You answer them in a prompt manner, or I start removing more bodily accessories. Do you want that?!"
"No, no please!" Joey groaned, blood bubbling out from the corners of his mouth.
"Good, now if you don't mind; I'd like to get this session under way without any further difficulty."

Outside of the room, Gavin could hear the screams and pleading of the Italian thug.
He would grimace after every shriek and wail, although a hardened underboss, he still cringed at torture.
"Hey boss, how long do ye think this will take?" one of the gang members asked.
Sighing, gavin replied, "I don't bloody well know ye eejit! As long as it takes. This guy we hired is good. Boss Conner recommended him for the job."
Boss Conner was the head of the Irish mob, his younger brother Carter was one of his most trusted lieutenants. Under Carter was Pat "lockjaw" Patterson. Pat's sister Moira, was raped recently. She was jumped in an alley after leaving a bar with Sean Dreyer, a soldier of his. Sean was to escort her home when they ran into some trouble while passing O'Tooles pub and billiards. Moira was gang raped, and Sean was put in the hospital with internal bleeding and a crushed pelvis. When Pat went to the hospital to see his sister and her bodyguard, she refused to drop names. Sean was more helpful, telling Pat that it was a group of greaseballs who wanted to settle a score from a couple months ago. There was a dispute over territory, and although they had called a peace meeting; two Italians wound up dead on the side of the street. Boss Conner was outraged with the falling through with the treaty, and personally sent his apologies to Don Ralphie "Cheeks" Antony. Don Antony didn't offically start a mob war, but he gave specific instructions to rough up or whack any Irish bastard on the streets. Since he didn't call an official mob war, that was his "gift" to Boss Conner. Joey Ferelli was the key to the Don's investments. He was good friends with alot of the bookies, he collected protection money while pocketing a little under the table. The Don did not know this; and if he did learn of this, Joey was a dead man. Joey knew he had to make up the money he had borrowed quick before the mob accountants found it out for themselves and reported him. So he went to a secret friend in the Irish mob for help.
His friend was a loan shark, and loaned Joey very important money from the mobs account for buying new weapons. Without the sufficient amount of funding, newer and better weapons could not be bought to compete against the Italian mobs arsenal. Boss Conner got word of this fast, and had word put out on the street to have the loan shark whacked. The only problem was that no one was sure which loan shark it was amongst the firm, so they took Joey prisoner and intended on him giving them the name they wanted. They also told him that they wanted the names of all the bookies he had as buddies so they could knock those joints over too; paying "Interest". Joey knew that if he told them where the bookies were, and they ransacked the place, Don Antony would have his balls. So no matter what situation he was in, he was fucked.
Gavin sighed heavily again, "Let's just hope we can get our money back and have enough to buy what the Boss needs right?"

Blood was dripping onto the plastic on the floor, Joey sniffled and tried to stifle his whimpers.
"Okay, here is how it works. I ask you a question, you answer. If you don't answer fast enough, or it's not an answer I like, I hurt you. I won't kill you , but what I am going to do to you you will not like. It will not be quick."
Chambers saunted over to the table where his trunk and velvet kit rested. He slowly unrolled the rest of the kit, showing an array of shiny stainless steel tools and instruments very similar to a surgeons kit.
Joey started to sob.
"If these don't make you talk, I have much bigger, louder, and nastier things in my complete kit that you will find rather unpleasent." Chambers said, giving the black trunk a tap with his fingers.
"Now listen very closely, okay?"
Joey looked at him with bloodshot eyes, giving his full attention.
"Good, now you're getting it. I have with me three syringes with 30 cc's of morphine. You only get three injections, at any pont during our time together you want one, just ask. But you only get three. When those are gone, you have to face me with only your anguish and human grit."
Chambers withdrew three syringes from his kit and showed them to Joey.
Joey's eyes lit up with hope.
"Don't give me that look. Sure you'll thank me when you get your first dose, but you'll hate me later when you run out and it wears off."
Joey had a pleading look on his face, "Please, don't do this."
Chambers replaced the syringes, "Want one now?"
Joey's eyes widened, but he only took a moment before he replied, "No".
Chambers nodded, "Very well, excellent choice my friend, excellent choice. For you see, I haven't even begun doing what I get paid to do yet."
He reached into the velvet kit and withdrew a thin pointed instrument, "See this? This is what surgeons use to probe open gaping wounds in their patients."
Joey started to struggle in his chair.
"Oh right, the ropes." Chambers said as he withdrew a pair of stainless steel handcuffs from his trunk.
He walked over to Joey, and handcuffed his hands and feet to the chair. After doing this he cut the ropes with a folding pocket knife from his pocket.
"Feel better? Don't worry, you don't have to answer that one. Although I'm probably going to have to get you another chair in a little while, your thrashing is going to bend up that chair something nasty."
Chambers held the surgeons probe up to the light, it's point glinting brightly.
"Lilke I said, it's used to inspect open wounds. You might ask yourself, what wounds? Well here, let me rectify that for you."
Joey started screaming, "No no! Wait! Wait!"
Chambers withdrew a scalpel from the kit and walked over to the struggling man.
He knelt down and with the flick of his wrist, sliced a narrow incision across Joey's left leg.
Joey howled and bucked against his restraints as the blood oozed out of the bloody slit.
"Now here is where it gets a little messy," Chambers said as he returned to his trunk. He dug around for a moment before returning to his victim, "Here, this is what I like to call a spreader. Surgeons use it to open up wounds so they can get a better look at what is going on inside."
He knelt down again and applied the instrument, the tiny fingers of the tool attaching and fitting perfectly to the clean cut edges of the wound.
"Here's how it works, I start to close the handles here, and the little phalanges there get wider and wider. It's going to hurt, It's going to be bloody. Start talking or we get to see what the inside of your leg looks like."
Joey started to cry, "I can't! I fucking can't do that! Please, They'll kill me!"
Chambers sighed impatiently, He pulled a pair of latex gloves out of his back pocket and donned them.
"No! No! You can't! Please! Please!" Joey begged.
"You ready?"

"No! Don't do this to me! Stop it!"

"Was that your answer?" Chambers asked.

Joey closed his eyes tight and bit his lower lip.

Chambers grit his teeth, "Okay friend, here we go."