The Inquisition

All hell's a comin

Mr. Grendel got off the phone with the police inspector. He knew he only had a matter of time before the cops showed up at the scene. He smiled to himself, absent mindedly running his pointing finger over the pale scar that marred the right side of his face. This would be a challenge, to get to the meat packing plant before the authorities did. He knew that most of them were under the Irish mob's thumb, but a certain detective Delahunt would take the bait and bust down that door without any qualms

Grendel sat up in his chair behind the hotel front desk, keeping his heavy black boot pressed firmly on the middle aged mans' windpipe.

'Shh...keep calm, keep quiet." he whispered softly.

Grendel had calmly walked up to the front desk and asked for a room for the night. As the kindly man turned to fetch a key, Grendel leapt over the desk in surprising speed and casually broke both of the mans legs with a sledge hammer he had hidden behind his back. Before the man could scream, Grendel gagged him with a wet rag and pinched his nostrils shut with two fingers. As the man suffocated, Grendel lowered him to the floor, ignoring the stream of blood that was staining the carpet.
He released the nostrils and let the man inhale deeply.

"Before you do anything, I should let you know that that rag in your mouth is soaked with gasoline. You make any sounds above a low murmur, and I'll set you on fire," Grendel said, flashing a pack of matches at the man.

The mans' eyes widened, but he nodded he understood. He moaned as quietly as he could through the stabs of pain in his ruined legs.

Grendel kicked his feet up on the desk, showing little concern for any occupants of tenants noticing him. He fingered the sleek thin straight razor he had tucked in his coat pocket.
Anyone who saw him, could tell off the bat that he didn't work for the hotel. HIs hair was cut close to the skull, and almost bleach grey. He had a jagged scar crossing the top of his head in a nasty "half moon" shape. He began humming to himself, which eventually became a low song.

"I went to your grave, dug up your body. Brought it to my house..."

The man murmered again, Grendel brought the heel of his boot down sharply onto the mans neck, snapping it.

'Aww shit. Look what you made me do to you. If you had just behaved..." Grendel said sarcastically with smile.

He lit a match and dropped it onto the dead mans gasoline soaked gag.
The face and head lit up almost instantly

He rose to his feet, making sure to wipe the blood off of his boots on the welcome mat.

"Looks like it's game on here. I'm going to find you Chambers, I'm going to repay you. I'm going to do what I should have done long ago in the tombs."

Grendel strolled out of the building, whisteling "Don't worry, be happy".