The Inquisition

Jack the Ripper

Flashback 5 years ago.

The place, the outskirts of the Cain fields.

"So..Jack the Ripper, things are looking in my favor now eh?" said Asher, who sat on a crumbling piece of marble.

Jack was on his knees, his hands molded into cement blocks. He had been abducted early in the night, struck unconscious from behind, dragged to the outskirts of the Catacombs from prying eyes, and restrained by having his hands set in cement. He was helpless, at Asher's mercy.

"You see Jack, there is only room for one of us here. I was the number one before you came along and ruined everything! I was a Scar First Class! I was head of my order! But you, you had to come and fuck everything up! Now I'm a Scab First Class! You had me demoted! How in the hell do you get what I had worked so hard to obtain?! It took me 3 years to rise amongst the flock! 3 whole years of going through hell!" Asher screamed, spit flecking Jakes face.

Jake knew it was pointless to try to struggle, he'd only tear and dislocate his limbs.
He looked wearily up at Asher, his insane flock mate.
He had an idea that the two of them would be rivals in the Catacombs, but not to this level.

"Judge Crow loves you! Mr. Faust loves you! All of the Inquisitors love you! Except me! I hate you! I hate you so much!"

Asher struck Jake across the face repeatedly with his fist, a pair of knuckle dusters duct taped to his fist. He raised his other hand, swinging a line of fishing tackle, with nuts and washers knotted to it, creating a nasty weapon. He brought it down repeatedly on Jakes head, creating deep gashes that ran thick with blood.

Jake didn't cry out, he knew better than to give Asher that satisfaction.
Instead, he grit his teeth and said the Inquisitors prayer.

"My my work and craft reap the unclean. May my just hand flash with pure steel, to evict the unjust..may my-"

Asher silenced him with a stout kick to the chest, snapping a rib.

"Shut up with that filthy pig latin! You have no right to utter such holy doctrine! You are not an Inquisitor! You never will be! You are but a weak mound of flesh, Jack the Ripper! You are going to die today...."

And with that, Asher withdrew a chainsaw chain, one of the ends was padded with athletic tape to protect the wielders hand.

"I'm going to cut you down! I'm going to make you beg me to kill you quick! But I won't! I'm going to make you suffer little man!"

Asher approached Jake, his hand raised high...