Where'd You Go

Morsmordre

I laughed as the twins ran around the tent, waving their Irish flags. The match was interesting. Ireland had been in the lead the whole match, but Bulgaria was able to make a comeback when Krum caught the snitch. It still wasn't enough for Bulgaria to win though. They lost by ten points. Both Ron and Harry were disappointed. I sat on my bed, Hermione across from me staring at Ron like he was the only person in the world. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"I'm going for a walk," I said, though no one seemed to be paying attention to me. I walked outside, making a left toward the quidditch pitch. For the most part, it was peaceful outside, though you could hear some people celebrating in their tents. I smiled as a couple ran past me, giggling as they pushed each other back and forth.

"Hey Alexandria" A voice startled me, and I whipped around with my wand out, but it was only Cedric. He smiled a little and pushed my hand down gently.

"Sorry," I mumbled, putting my wand away. I'd always been slightly paranoid. My first three years of Hogwarts made sure that I was constantly on edge. I had to be ready for anything.

"Why are you out walking by yourself?" He asked, falling into step with me.

"Everyone was inside celebrating. I'm not one for noise, so I decided to take a walk. I could ask you the same thing." I pulled my hair over my shoulder, braiding it all the way down and securing it at the end. It was a nervous habit

"I wasn't walking. I'd just stepped out of the tent because I thought I heard something, and I saw you." We'd all split up when we got here, so I didn't know where his tent was, but clearly I'd passed it and him without realizing it.

"You thought you heard something?" There were a lot of things wrong with the magical world, and hearing things wasn't a good sign. We'd all learned that the hard way during second year when Harry found out he was a parselmouth.

"Yeah, I thought-" He was cut off mid-sentence by a high pitched scream, followed by another and then laughter. I whipped around, my wand already out and began running toward the sound. I wasn't much for confrontation, but I could tell by the scream that someone was being tortured, and I didn't appreciate it.

"Alexandria!" I could hear Cedric running after me, and I pushed my legs harder. I rounded a corner, bursting into someone's tent. There were two people on the floor crying, but the culprit seemed to have disappeared. I walked as far into the tent as I could without scaring them.

"Is everything okay?" I asked who I assumed to be the oldest child. Tears filled his eyes as he stared down at his parents.

"I don't know what happened. I don't know what they did." I bent down to the parents, my wand still out, trying to examine them for wounds. The flinched away from me as much as they could.

"I promise, I'm not going to hurt you. I want to help." They looked terrified as I reached down and grabbed both of their hands. I could tell they were in a lot of pain. I closed my eyes and focused, feeling warmth fill my body. I could hear collective gasping, and I knew I was going to have to explain myself to Cedric. I opened my eyes, standing up and taking two steps back. The adults were staring at me with wide eyes, their children' expressions very similar.

"How did you-" I held my hand up. There wasn't time to explain myself. Whoever did this to them wouldn't stay gone for long.

"You guys need to leave. It's not safe for you here." I stepped out of the tent, running right into Cedric.

"Did you just..." He trailed off, and I nodded once.

"We need to get back. I have to tell Mr. Weasley what just happened." I started walking, not caring if Cedric was behind me or not. Something bad was getting ready to happen, and though I couldn't save everyone, I needed to save as many people as I could.

"Viktor, I love you."

"Viktor, I do."

"When we're apart my heart beats only for you." I walked into the tent, sending Mr. Weasley a nervous look. There was an explosion, followed by screaming.

"Stop. We need to get out of here." We all started to grab as much as we could, and when I walked out of the tent, Cedric was standing there.

"You have to find your father!" I screamed at him, pushing at his chest. He grabbed onto my wrists, pulling me with him.

"Alex!" I could hear Harry yelling my name, but when I turned around, I couldn't see him. I tried to yank myself away from Cedric, but his fingers tightened as he pulled me through the mass of people trying to run away.

"What are you doing?" We were weaving in and out of people. I'd been elbowed in the shoulder at least twice, and I was pretty sure my shirt was ripped. He pulled me in between two tents and out of line of people trying to get to safety. I heard another explosion, and the tent a few feet away from us burst into flames.

"You can heal people." It wasn't a question. I sighed and pushed my hair out of my face.

"We don't have time for this, Cedric. You need to find your dad. I need to find Harry and the others."

"You can't do that again, Alexandria. If anyone else saw you-" I clamped my hand over his mouth.

"I understand, but I couldn't just let them suffer. I promise I won't do it again, but we need to get out of here." I stepped out from between the tents, my wand at the ready. From past experiences, the Ministry couldn't detect when I healed someone, so I was safe, but I'd be expelled for using my wand. However, I wasn't going to be defenseless when it was clear someone was going to die tonight. I knew something bad was going to happen, and I should have opened my mouth.

"Alex!" I heard Harry's voice, and I whipped around. I spotted him and took off, grabbing his hand.

"Where are the others?" I asked as we started to move.

"I don't know. I lost them." I cursed under my breath and looked around frantically, trying to spot someone with red hair. The twins would be the easiest to find because they were tall, but they were nowhere in sight. I couldn't see Ron or Hermione either.

"Morsmordre!" A shock of green shot into the sky, and I gasped. A chill ran down my spine as the dark mark formed. Harry screamed in pain, and I grabbed his face in my hands, trying to ease the pain.

"Harry breathe, breathe." I whispered, hoping whoever conjured the dark mark wouldn't hear us. I touched his scar, snatching my hand back from the burning sensation I got.

"Stupefy!" I saw red spark fly toward us. My first instinct was to get down and put a shield around us. I yanked Harry down and covered him with my body.

"Stop! That's my son!" I looked up, hearing Mr. Weasley's voice. I hadn't noticed Ron and Hermione had made their way to us, crouching down next to me and Harry.

"Harry, are you alright?" We were pulled off the floor quickly, hands dusting at our clothes.

"Which one of you conjured it?! You've been discovered at the scene of the crime." A wand was pointed in my face, and I glared at the man I knew to be Bartemius Crouch. He worked with my parents at the ministry, and I was not a fan of his. I heard Hermione whispering to Harry about the dark mark. I had to remember that all of these things were still very foreign to Harry. Hermione's knack for reading saved her in a lot of departments. She'd be just as clueless as Harry if she hadn't spend every other hour in the library at school.

"Alexandria?" Cedric appeared out of nowhere, his dad right behind him, checking on the others.

"You shouldn't have come back," I mumbled, staring up at him.

"We weren't just going to leave you. Are you alright?" His eyes danced over my frame, checking for any injuries.

"I'm fine." I tried to give him a reassuring look because I was fine. I didn't have a scratch on my body, but I was nervous, and he could tell.

"Come on, kids." Mr. Weasley led us away from the people from the Ministry. We all walked quickly, getting back to the portkey. Cedric was directly at my side, probably keeping a close watch on me. I almost burst into tears at the sight of the camp. Nearly all the tents were completely demolished and burnt. I could still see the remnants of peoples belongings, and one person groaning on the floor. I gasped and stopped walking, trying to make my way over to help, but Cedric's fingers clamped down on my wrist.

"You can't. I know you want to, but you can't." He pulled me along, and a tear slipped down my cheek. I knew he was right. What I'd already done was dangerous enough. I was risking my life, risking being figured out. Grabbing hold of the portkey, we were transferred back to the forest where we'd been in the morning. I'd landed on my arse once again, groaning at the pain in my back. I was pulled to my feet immediately, and I knew it was Cedric.

"Thanks," I said, pulling leaves out of my hair. The parents were saying their goodbyes. I was just ready to be back at the Weasleys so I could try to get some kind of sleep, though I doubted that I'd actually be able to close my eyes after all we'd witnessed.

"I'll see you at school?" He raised his eyebrows at me.

"Yeah."