Where'd You Go

Hogwarts Express

"You look like you're going to be sick," Hermione said as we left our trunks with the person that was supposed to load them onto the train. I had another horrible feeling in my stomach, and this time I had to say something.

"I feel horrible. I knew something bad was going to happen at the World Cup. I could feel it, and I didn't say anything. I feel like that now. We're all in danger." I kept my voice at a whisper. I didn't need anyone running around repeating what I was saying. Things were bad enough as it was. The Ministry was still under the impression that Harry conjured the dark mark, and he was having dreams about Voldemort killing someone.

"You should talk to Dumbledore once we get to school." I knew she was right, but I wasn't sure what Dumbledore could do to help me. It was only a feeling, and he had bigger things to worry about.

"I probably will." The boys were already seated in a compartment when Hermione and I got on the train. I sat down next to Harry, placing my hand on his knee. I could tell by the look on his face that he was worried. He lifted his head from the window as the train started to move. Parents were waving the train off, tears streaming down their faces as they watched their kids. I noticed Harry falling asleep, so I left him alone. He needed to rest.

"What happened with you and Cedric?" I was surprised that the question came from Ron. I was sure Hermione would be the first to ask.

"What are you talking about?"

"At the World Cup. He was basically attached to your hip every time he saw you. When Barty Crouch almost killed us, he went straight for you. What happened?" I couldn't determine if he sounded upset or not, and if he was upset, I didn't understand why.

"We were outside when everything happened. He was just checking on me. I was with him before I found Harry. It was nothing." I shrugged, trying to make it seem like it wasn't a big deal, but it was. Cedric watched my heal someone. I didn't know if he told his dad, which I doubted because he didn't even want me to do it again.

"It didn't look like nothing. If you asked me, I'd say he fancies you." I rolled my eyes.

"We barely even talked," I tried to reassure him, but I could tell he didn't believe me, "I'm going to the bathroom." I stood, sliding the compartment door open. I was nearly to the bathrooms when someone grabbed my wrist.

"There you are. I've been looking for you." I stared up at Cedric. He seemed much taller than he did at the World Cup. Maybe it was his robes or the way he carried himself. I noticed the prefect badge he was wearing. It only made sense. He had an air of authority about him.

"Why were you looking for me?" I tucked my hair nervously behind my ear, glancing down the hallway to make sure that no one was watching us.

"I just wanted to make sure that you were okay. You seemed kind of spooked the other night, and I didn't really have a way to get in contact with you."

"This Ministry thought I helped Harry conjure a dark mark and fired curses at me. Of course I was spooked. I almost lost my life," I said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"I'm getting the feeling you don't like me too much." He chuckled, but it was half-hearted, and he looked sort of nervous. He rubbed the back of his neck, waiting for me to respond.

"I don't have anything against you." And I didn't. Cedric hadn't done anything to me. He was slightly overbearing, but our circumstances were different than most, and I shouldn't have been upset or put off about him checking on me.

"So we're friends then?" Normally I wouldn't classify us as friends, but I had a feeling Cedric wasn't going to give this one up.

"Sure, friends. I have to get going." I pushed past him and walked into the bathroom, splashing some cold water on my face. My forehead was hot, and I was starting to feel slightly dizzy. The last time this happened, Ginny was taken into the chamber of secrets. I didn't like the feeling. I walked out of the bathroom, pushing past people to get back to the compartment. I heard a few swears, and one girl called me a name, but there were more important things to worry about. I closed the compartment door behind me.

"You okay?" I nodded at Hermione, taking my seat next to Harry again. He was twitching slightly, and then his eyes snapped open. I felt like we all should have been asking Harry if he was okay. He was having more trouble than all of us combined.

"Another nightmare?" I asked, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I wasn't convinced. He still looked haunted. He scratched at his scar, and I knew it was bothering him.

"It's your scar, isn't it? It's hurting again." I knew Hermione had everyone's best interest at heart. She was only trying to help, but sometimes she was overbearing, and it got to a point where it was irritating sometimes. Her intelligence did get us out of trouble, but she tried too much to be like a mother to everyone.

"I'm fine," Harry repeated.

"You know Sirius would want to hear about this; what you saw at the World Cup and in your dream." As much as we didn't want to admit it, we knew Hermione was right. I sat quietly, picking at my nails while Harry wrote a letter to Sirius and sent Hedwig out the window. I wanted to get to Hogwarts as soon as possible. I felt defenseless on the train. Last year with the dementors scarred everyone that was involved. Harry was the only one that could successfully conjure a patronus, and that had taken him a while to learn.

"Alex, do you want anything from the trolley?" Harry asked. I hadn't even noticed that he moved. Hermione eyed me as I shook my head.

"Seriously, what's wrong?" She asked me, leaning forward.

"I was just thinking about last year with the dementors. I just get the feeling that we aren't safe." Anyone with a functioning brain would feel like we weren't safe. Even though Sirius didn't actually do anything, he was still able to get into Hogwarts. Peter Pettigrew had been running around for years. Anything was possible if we really took the time to think about it and pay attention.

"You know Dumbledore won't let that happen again." I shrugged, turning to face the window. I watched as we passed trees and the lake. Harry was smiling once he sat down.

"What are you smiling about?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him. He just had a nightmare, yet he was grinning like some lovesick puppy.

"Cho Chang," Hermione spoke up. I'd heard Cho's name before. I knew her family worked in the Ministry, and she was a year older than us. None of us knew her well considering she was in a completely different house, but Harry was always worried about something. Maybe actually having a girlfriend would get him to relax a little.

"Have you talked to her?"

"No." I couldn't tell if he was sad or defensive, but I decided not to ask anymore questions. I leaned back and tried to get comfortable, knowing this was going to be a particularly long ride. Against my better judgement, I let myself fall asleep. It'd felt like I'd only been out for 5 minutes when Hermione shook me awake, but I knew it was longer because it was dark outside.

"You need to change into your robes," she whispered. Both boys were already changed and sleeping as well. I grabbed my things from my trunk and made my way down to the bathrooms, changing quickly.

"Did you hear that we're hosting the Triwizard Tournament this year?" A few people whispered excitedly as I passed them in the hallway. I turned, trying to hear a little more, but they were already back in their compartment. I'd heard of the Triwizard Tournament before, and I knew it was dangerous. Someone nearly died the last time, and people have died before. Why Hogwarts was deciding to host such an event was beyond me, but it very well could have been a rumour, so I kept the information to myself. Walking back into the compartment, I noticed the boys were now awake. The train slowed to a stop, and we all got off, walking toward the carriages.

"You seem a bit quieter than usual. Everything okay?" Harry asked, pulling me to the side. I didn't want to lie to him, but I didn't want to worry him either. Harry turned into a different person at the first sign of danger, and for once, I wanted him to enjoy his school year.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just still a little freaked out about what happened at the World Cup. I hope nothing like that happens again." Much to my surprise, he believed me and gave me a reassuring smile before helping into one of the carriages.

"I heard two schools are going to be staying here this year." Ron said as our carriage started to move. If two different schools were staying with us, that meant the Triwizard Tournament was actually happening. Maybe that had something to do with the horrible feeling in my stomach.

"Apparently we're hosting the Triwizard Tournament," I spoke up, tugging at the ends of my hair. Anyone in the wizarding world knew this was dangerous, and I could only hope there would be some type of guideline as to who could enter.

"Where did you hear that?" Hermione asked, eyebrows raised to the heavens.

"On my way back from the bathroom on the train. There were some people whispering about it, but I thought it was just a rumour, so I didn't say anything," I shrugged, trying to be nonchalant, but it seemed like keeping my mouth shut about things wasn't a good idea. I knew I needed to talk to Dumbledore as soon as possible, or things were going to get ugly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know these chapters are starting off really slow, but I'm trying to ease everything together instead of rushing into it. I have a bad habit of wanting to get to the good parts of the story because I almost always have the storyline planned ahead of time. I need to learn to be patient, so I'm trying. I'm sorry if these are horrible.