Status: Active <3

Coming Out

Chapter 1

was used to attention. I was used to people wanting to talk to me...or just wishing they could get into my pants. I never felt really special about it, it was just part of my everyday life. It was no big deal to me to simply receive some messages from girls asking me if I was free tonight or other stuff I didn't care about anymore. It was the old Luke Hemming's boring routine that I didn't want anymore. But getting that Youtuber's attention made me feel different than what I was used to. I felt special that Ashton Irwin, a boy I didn't knew personnally, wanted to talk to me and get to know me better. Maybe I felt that way because I could relate to him and because he was one of the cutest creatures created by God or whoever there was up there. That was why I found myself adding him on Skype as fast as I possibly could. And I waited in front of my computer for him to accept my request. I probably looked like an obsessed fangirl waiting for their favorite band to release their new video or to simply follow them on Twitter. But I didn't care if I looked that way, I just really wanted to talk with Ashton.

Hours went by and my friend resquest still wasn't accepted. I went to eat dinner with my parents. I ate very fast because I wanted to go back to my room and see if my request was still on hold. Unfortunately, it was. I started to think that maybe the boy just wanted to mess with me and that he never wanted to speak to me. It made me sad because he was the first person I've ever ''met'' that could understand me. As I went to turn off my computer, I realized that I was wrong when seeing Ashton Irwin is online. I felt my heart beating faster than it ever did in my whole life. I didn't know why, it simply did. I just stared at my screen, not really knowing what to do. I really wanted to send him an invitation to videochat, but I didn't want him to think that I was a creep or an obsessed boy. Maybe I was, but he didn't need to know that. As I was lost in my thoughts, having a huge dilemma with myself wheter I should send an invitation or not, I heard a familiar sound echoing in my room; the sound of someone sending me an invitation to chat on Skype. Much to my surprise, it was none other than Ashton who was sending me one. I was so excited, so excited that my entire body was shivering. What was that boy doing to me? I happily clicked on the video chat option, and his beautiful face popped on my screen a few seconds later. He was just simply beautiful. He was wearing a plain black shirt with a red bandana on his head. Red was his color, it looked so good on him.

''Well hello stranger, nice to talk to you,'' Ashton said happily.

''Hello to you too,'' I replied shyly. ''I'm glad you accepted my friend request.''

''Why would I have rejected it? I was the one who wanted to talk to you in the first place, right?'' Ashton wondered.

''Well yeah, I guess. Anyway how are you?'' I replied.

''I'm pretty good thanks, and you, how are you? How did it go with your parents? Tell me everything,'' he said.

''It went well, very well even. Much to my surprise, they accepted it and didn't even show an ounce of anger or sadness. They just told me that they would always love me. And we hugged and it felt like nothing had changed between us. I'm just very happy about it. I listened to your advice of just being 100% honnest with them and it worked,'' I replied.

''I'm so happy that things went well for you Luke! I receive a lot of messages everyday from people giving me their support after watching my video. A lot of people also share their stories with me and I love reading them. But there was something even more special about yours, because it reminded me of my own self. Your story and everything, I just felt like we could relate to each other. That is why I sent you this message asking you to add me on Skype. I'm happy that you read it that quickly and that we're talking to each other right now. You look good by the way,'' Ashton said, his last sentence making my cheeks turn as red a lobster.

''Oh eum, thanks I guess. You look good too. And yeah, I'm glad that you replied to my comment. You intrigued me a lot and truly was hoping for a reply. I got even more than that which makes me really happy. So eum, since you made your video, have you made yourself a boyfriend or something?'' I asked.

''No, no boyfriend in my life. I've been on a couple of dates, making out with some boys there and there, but it never went further than that. I guess I just never met the right man for me. But I know that my prince will come someday, he is just taking his time to get to me,'' he answered.

''Well, I'm pretty sure that you'll find the right guy for you, you really deserve it. You're a model for young men who are struggling with their sexuality. You're the one who gave me the courage to come out to my parents. So yeah, a good boy like you deserves something great in life,'' I added.

Ashton smiled shyly at me through his webcam and I could see his cheeks turning red. He looked so beautiful, so perfect. I had crushes on boys before, but him...he was just so different from all the guys I've met in the past. His beauty was unique, rare.

''Stop making me blush young man, this is not cool!'' Ashton said in a fake angry tone. ''But seriously, thanks for your kind words, it means a lot to me. You deserve what is best to. You took a big step today and things are only going to get better for you, I promise. Anyway, where are you from Mr Luke?''

''I'm from Sydney and you?'' I replied.

''I knew you were Australian, your accent doesn't lie. Seems like we live in the same town. I'm from Sydney as well. We should totally meet up sometimes!'' Ashton said happily.

''I totally agree! It is so cool that we actually live near from each other!'' I mentionned.

What were the lucks that this beautiful man and I lived in the same country, yet the same city? Maybe this was a sign, a sign that our paths were meant to cross each other. Maybe this was a sign that good things would happen to me in the future, because of Ashton Irwin.

''So Luke, tell me more about yourself!'' Ashton demanded.

''Eum well, I'm Luke Hemmings and I'm 18 years old gay man who loves bacon, chocolate and french fries. I'm in my final year of high school, can't wait for it to be over in a few months. I've been accepted into the Music Program in Sydney's University. It may sounds weird but I can't for University to begin so I can finally study something that I really love,'' I replied.

''You're a musician? Awesome!'' he exlaimed.

''Yeah, I play the guitar and I sing as well,'' I added.

''Nice! I also sing a little, but what I love the most if playing the drums. And to be honnest, I'm really good. Hey! We should jam together when we hang out together, it would be nice to have a music partner,'' Ashton proposed.

''Yeah sounds like a good idea to me! And you, tell me more about yourself, Mr Irwin,'' I said.

''Well, as you already know, my name is Ashton Irwin and I'm gay, what a surprise. I'm 20 years old and I don't go to school. I studied to be a teacher for a year, but it really wasn't my thing. So right now, I'm a full-time youtuber and I work in an ice cream shop in town to gain some money to pay for my appartment and all the stupid stuff that comes with it like food, bills and clothes. I have this dream to be a full-time rockstar, but I know that the chances that it'll happen are very low. But I'll keep believing, who knows what God wants for me?'' Ashton replied.

''Don't stop believing Ashton, I'm sure you're a great musician. Maybe we can be rockstars together, who knows? Hey! Do you work at this place? What is it called again? Tito? Toto? Tato?...'' I said.

''Tuto Gelato?'' Ashton replied laughing. ''Yeah that is where I work. I started working there a few weeks ago actually so it's still all new to me. Do you have job?''

''Yeah, I work at Target. I really hate it, but at least it gives me some money. Your job is so cooler than mine,'' I answered.

''Well yeah, I guess my job is cooler than yours haha. But being a Youtuber is even better than working in a ice cream shop!'' Ashton exclaimed.

''I bet it is! How is it to be a Youtuber? Do you make a lot of money from being one?'' I wondered.

''Well, I'm still not very popular so I don't make a lot of money. But money is not what matter the most to me. For me, being a Youtuber means that I can talk about things that I love, be my true self in front of people. I love how people can see me as a model, as someone who makes their days brighter. I guess I love connecting with my fans more than actually making money out of the views I get on the videos I make,'' he explained.

''If I wasn't that akward, I'd love to start my own Youtube channel. But I wouldn't know what to say and I'm pretty sure nobody would watch my videos,'' I said.

It was true. For years, I wanted to have my own Youtube Channel. I created the channel and everything. I even filmed some videos, but never uploaded them.

''You should try. You seem to be a very interesting guy who speaks well. And who cares if you're akward? I'm the akwardest of all the akward people on Earth, but people still love me. Plus, you have the looks, you have everything to be a Youtuber! I have an idea, maybe you could make a video with me someday, that would help you decide if you actually want to be a Youtuber or not,'' Ashton said.

''Yeah, no. I don't want you losing subscribers for doing a video with me haha,'' I replied.

''Stop that Luke Hemmings. I'm pretty sure I'll gain even more subscribers after doing a video with you. People, mostly teenage girls, tend to subscribe to Youtubers when they look cute like you,'' he added.

''Stop saying I'm cute, you're making me blush and it is no fun,'' I said in a failed angry voice.

''I'm just speaking the thruth Mr. Hemmings. But hey, I have to go now. Do you work tomorrow?'' Ashton replied.

''I work until 5pm, why?'' I wondered.

''How about you meet me at my job at 5:30 pm so we can hang out a little. I like you Luke Hemmings, you seem to be a nice boy to hang out with,'' he proposed.

''Oh yeah sure that is a good idea,'' I aggreed happily. I sure wasn't going to say to hang out with Ashton Irwin.

''Perfect, I'll see you tomorrow then. And please, don't stand me up!'' The beautiful curly haired boy said.

''I would never stand you up Ashton,'' I teased. ''See you tomorrow curly!''

''See you tomorrow cutie,'' Ashton replied before winking at me.

And the conversation was over. But it also was the beginning of something else. Something I couldn't wait to discover. I just couldn't wait for tomorrow evening to come.