Status: Active <3

Coming Out

Chapter 2

Working at Target wasn't the best job in the world. In fact, I hated it. I hated how some customers could be so rude and annoying. They would talk to you like you had no value, like you were woth nothing compared to them. And as en employee, I would need to take all their critics and just smile without saying a single word to them. Because customers are king. At least I had some friends working with me. They made my working days less boring. We would often find ourselves laughing about crazy situations or about stupid clients. But today, even though I had my friends with me, it didn't help the day go by faster. All I could think about was Ashton and how I was going to meet him after my shift. I was very nervous to meet the guy. Even though we spoke on Skype the previous night, I was anxious to see him in person. I was afraid that he wouldn't like me, that he would be dissapointed even though he said he liked. I was also very sxcited to see him because the boy really intrigued me. He was very different from the boys I've met before. A positive kind of different. Plus, he was really handsome.

When the clock ticked five after what seemed like a fourteen hour long shift, I rushed to the employees room and changed into casual clothes because I didn't want to meet Ashton wearing my uniform. Red really wasn't my color. Once all dressed with a black tank top and a pair of black skinny jeans, I left the shop and ran to catch the bus that would take me to Ashton's workplace. It was already 5:09 pm and the bus was at 5:11 so I ran as fast as possible so I wouldn't miss it. Missing that much would mean being late to meet Ashton and I really didn't want that. Luckily, I ran fast enough to catch my bus. I sat in the back and caught my breath. I could feel my heart beat so fast from a mix of physical activity and stress. I didn't want to be so nervous, but I really couldn't help it. It wasn't everyday that I got to meet a cute boy for the first time, an handsome young man that I met over Youtube. It sounded so crazy that I almost didn't believe it. But it was all real.

I reached my destination fifteen minutes later and walked a few meters before reaching Tuto Gelato. Behind those doors was Ashton. Behind those doors was the guy who haven't left my mind for the past 24 hours. I couldn't back down. I took a deep breath and open the doors. I noticed him right away. He was behind the counter, serving some ice cream to and old lady. He was even more beautiful in person, though he was shorter than I expected him to be. Well, everybody was short in my mind since I was a tall guy. 6 feet 4 inches to be more precise. When I realised that Ashton was done with his customer and that there was nobody waiting to be serve, I walked towards the counter and he noticed me right away, giving me his best smile.

''Thanks God you're here, seriously I've been nervous all day thinking that you might not show up. It would have been very humiliating,'' Ashton said.

''Yeah I'm here,'' I replied happily.

''Give me five minutes, I'll go chance. I'll meet you outside and then we can go somewhere else, okay?'' He asked.

''Sure!'' I replied.

He smiled and walked towards what must have been the employee's room. I was feeling myself shaking while walking towards the doors. Ashton really had an effect on me and I couldn't deny it. I sat in the stairs and waited for him. I wondered what we were going to do. But I knew it was going to be an interesting night no matter. How could it be otherwise?

''Ready to go?'' a familiar voice said, bringing me back to reality.

''Of course,'' I replied as I stood up. Yup, he really was shorter than I expected.

''How about we go to McDonald's? I'm hungry and craving for some fat cheeseburger. We can do something more interesting after,'' Ashton proposed.

''Sounds good to me, I love McDonald's and I'm starving,'' I replied.

We began walking towards McDonald's which was five to seven minutes away from Ashton's job. Most people would have expected Ashton and I to remain quiet while getting to the restaurant, but we weren't much to my surprise. It wasn't akward at all, it felt like we've known each other for a very long time. I liked it.

''I'm really happy to hang out with you, Luke,'' Ashton said.

''I'm happy to hang out with you as well, Ashton. To be honnest, I was very nervous to meet you,''I replied.

''Why? Am I that intimidating?'' He asked laughing.

''No, it's just that it's not everyday that I meet someone that I met online. And...I was also afraid that you might not like me or something...I know it's stupid. Forget about it,'' I answered nervously.

''Calm down Luke! I told you I liked you, why would I want to spend time with you if I didn't,'' Ashton assured me.

''I know you're right. I was just being dumb. Anyway, how was your day at work?'' I asked.

''Don't ask me. It was horrible. I don't what happened to people today, but everybody was being so rude towards me. I just couldn't wait for this day to be over so I could get rid of them. Plus, I was very excited to see you. How about you? How was your day at Target?'' he replied.

''Probably just as bad as yours. I hate my job. I hate working with customers who believe they are the kings of the world. I wish I could do something else, but it's hard finding a job when you're still a young guy with not much experience like me. Plus, seconds felt like hours. I guess I was also very excited to see you, even though I was very nervous,'' I said.

''You could always work at Tuto Gelato, they're currently hiring. We could work together, how fun that would be,'' Ashton proposed.

''Yeah, but I'm the clumsiest guy. I would probably spill ice cream everywhere and get fired after one day. But thanks for the offer, I'll think about it,'' I said.

''You're welcome Luke,'' Ashton mentionned as we reached our destination.

As usual, the restaurant was crowded. Never have I eaten in an empty McDonald. After ten minutes, I was able to give my order, always the same one: ten chicken nuggets with a Coke. Much to my surprise, Ashton paid for my meal. Well he kind of paid without my approval. I just gave the cashier my order and Ashton gave his right after, saying he was going to pay for everything. While he waited for our orders, I sat at an empty table and thought about what just happened. I appreciated the gesture, but I also felt bad about it. I didn't know why he was paying for me. Maybe he was just trying to be nice...or maybe it was something else.

''Is this a date?'' I asked as Ashton sat in front of me.

''I don't know, do you want it to be one?'' Ashton asked as he handled me my meal.

''I don't know...do you?'' I answered.

''Yeah, I do...I hope you do too,'' Ashton added, giving me his best smile. How could I resist him?

''I guess I do too,'' I replied as my cheeks probably turned as red a lobster.

The rest of the dinner was great. We talked about ourselves like people normally do when going on a date. We mostly talked about our coming outs, since they were what brought us together. If it wasn't for me searching videos on Youtube of young boys talking about coming out, never would have I met Ashton. I barely knew the guy and I already liked him a lot. We also talked about more serious stuff like school and family. Though, we ended up talking about movies and music. Ashton and I had similar tastes which was a very good thing. We loved the same bands, our favorites being All Time Low, Green Day and My Chemical Romance. I wouldn't stand going out with someone who would hate my music. Ashton and I also had an unconditional love for Marvel movies. Though we kind of argued about who was the best Avenger between Iron Man and Captain America. In the end, Ashton agreed with me. Iron Man is everything.

''How about we go to the boardwalk? We can get ice cream and take a walk or something...I'm not very good at finding things to do,'' Ashton said as we left McDonald's.

''Sounds like a good idea to me. But aren't you tired of eating ice cream or being around it?'' I replied.

''No because ice cream is love, ice cream is life,'' he said, making me laugh.

Ashton and I began walking towards the boardwalk which wasn't that far from where we ate. Halfway there, Ashton surprised me by grabbing my hand in his. He brought my hand to his lips and kissed it gently, making me blush like a fourteen year old girl. We barely spoke for the rest of the walk, we were just enjoying each other's presence. I loved that this was now a date. Because I really liked the guy that was standing right next to me. He was special and already meant a lot to me. We would catch each other staring here and there, making us laugh and smile. This was a great moment, one of the best I've lived in a long time.

''What kind of ice cream do you want?'' Ashton asked as we got to the little ice cream stand.

''No, I don't want you to pay for me again. You already paid for my dinner which is already more than enough,'' I replied.

''Please Lukey, let me do this for you,''Ashton insisted.

''Alright, fine, just because you're cute and you called me Lukey. But next time, I pay,'' I replied.

''So it means there is going to be a next time?'' Ashton asked teasingly.

What did I say that? I didn't mean it that way. Well, I guess I did. But I didn't want it to come out that way. I didn't want Ashton to believe that I was already addicted or something. I didn't want him to feel forced to hang out with me again if he didn't want to. But honnestly, I really wanted to see Ashton again even though our night together wasn't even over yet. I wanted to see where this could lead.

''Oh eum, yeah, eum maybe? I don't know, I-,'' I sluttered but soon stopped speaking when Ashton kissed my cheek.

''Relax love, I'm sure not saying no to a next time. I like you Hemmings. Now tell me what kind of ice cream you want,'' Ashton said.

I got a big chocolate ice cream while Ashton got a big vanilla one. We sat close to each other on a small bench that was facing the sea and began talking about random stuff. The akward moment that I previously caused was forgotten and in the past. We talked about some of our most embarassing moments and it was very funny. Ashton told me about this one time where he peed in his pants in class because his teacher wouldn't let him use to the bathroom. And I told him about that one time where I went to school with no pants on. Ashton and I weren't shy at all around each other. It was a beautiful moment. The Sun was starting to set, it was very romantic.

''You have some ice cream on your lips,'' Ashton mentionned.

''Where?'' I asked as I began to rub my lips to remove the small amount of ice cream.

''Here, let me help you,'' Ashton proposed.

When I thought he was going to use his finger, he used his lips instead. Ashton was kissing me and it felt so unreal. It was my first real kiss as an openly gay boy and I absolutely loved it. I felt like Ashton's lips and mine matched like two puzzle pieces. The kiss was beyond perfect, sending shivers down my spine. I could feel those butterflies in my stomach, the butterflies you get when you're kissing the right person. After a few minutes, Ashton lips left mine, leaving me speechless and beyond happy.

''Well, there's no more ice cream now,'' Ashton said nervously. His cheeks were all red and his eyes were shining like stars.

''Thanks to you,'' I replied shyly. I couldn't keep my eyes off him. He was too beautiful, too perfect.

''I-I know that we just met and everything, but I really like you Luke Hemmings. You're so different from the guys I've met before. You're so beautiful inside and out. I want to get to know you better, I want to see you again. I don't know if this will lead somewhere, but I wish it does. Maybe you're the one I've been waiting for,'' Ashton said.

''I would love that,'' I replied before crashing my lips back on his.

That was how we spent the rest of our night. Kissing here and there watching the beautiful sunset in front of us. And maybe we cuddled a little and held hands. Maybe Ashton even walked me home and kissed me in front of my door like they do in the movies. And maybe, just maybe, I was going to see him again really soon.