The Sinner and the Traitor

Run and Never Look Back

I awoke to hushed voices trickling up the stairs to my room. I groaned and threw a pillow over my face trying to block out the voice’s and the sunlight. After a moment I realized it would only get worse and I threw the pillow across the room in a huff. The voice down stairs got louder and I realized I recognized some of them. I had to hold back a shutter as it soon dawned on me what was going on.

The Death Eaters were having a meeting.

I looked around my room at all of the Gryffindor colors and posters that covered my room. I really mostly only did it to piss off my brother because he was a Slytherin but really it helped me to remember that I was in fact different and that I wouldn’t turn out like the rest of them. Like the rest of my family. At 17 it was time to decide who’s side I was on. To follow the family tradition and go to the dark side where I can be promised power, money, and safety. Or should I follow what my heart is saying and stick to the light where even tomorrow wasn’t guaranteed.

I had to stop the tears from flowing. I hated being so close to the Death Eaters. They were downstairs in my bloody house probably eating whatever it was my older brother had the house elves cook up! They all honestly scared me but I was able to put on a brave face every time and ignore them. The only reason they haven’t killed me yet is because of who my family is, or was.
My parents, Hilda and Jamerson Beyer, were Volemort’s most trusted followers next to the Malfoy’s. When they were killed by Auror’s when I was about 7 I had shed no tears. Even then I knew they were bad people. Not to mention terrible parents. They were quick to shoot out curses at their own children if they ever disobeyed. My brother who had been 17 at the time took it the hardest. He raised me himself but he also began to follow in our parents footsteps.

Which is why they were all having Sunday brunch down in my kitchen…

I sighed. There was no escaping them since they would be here till the wee hours of tomorrow morning. I quickly got dressed into a pair of jeans and a cute off the shoulder top that just so happen to be lying on the chair at my desk. I threw my hair up into a quick and slightly messy side braid and proceeded down stairs where I almost had a heart attack and went back to my room.

Fenrir Greyback.

He was already watch me as I was coming down the stairs so I knew he either heard or smelled me first. I had to stop myself from gulping in fear. Greyback has had it out for me since I was 15 and in his mind set I was to be his future mate when the time was right. My brother had threatened to mutilate Greyback in more ways than one if he ever touched me and Greyback knew he would do it, so he always hung back and just watched me with his gross beady eyes and half human, half wolf face. How he found a way to be half and half at all times was a surprise to me but I didn’t wanna know how he accomplished it.

“Goodmorning Vanessa.” I looked up as my brother, Silas Beyer, walked past with me a drink in hand. I eyed the cup in disgust knowing there was blood in it for the wolf across the room. He wasn’t a vampire but blood really appealed to him. What poor soul had to die for that monster to have a nice morning drink?

“Silas, I thought we discussed that he wasn’t allowed to step foot into this house if I was around.” I said curtly as I heard a wolfish growl that I think was supposed to be a laugh.
“I missed you too dearie.” I shuttered at his voice but ignored him nonetheless. My brother sighed in sympathy but he was following orders apparently because Greyback WOULDN’T be here otherwise. Which means…

“It’s time Vanessa. He’s going to be on the move this Saturday and the Dark Lord will have him at last.”

I busted out laughing at that which caused the other people in the room to frown in distaste at me. Who the bloody hell cares?

“That’s a joke right? We all know he will be surrounded by the best of the best if he’s on the move. You guys don’t stand a chance!”

“Someone needs to put in their place it would appear.” My head snapped towards Greyback’s voice and I felt myself snarl at him. I was sure my emerald green eyes turned hard and flat as a stone. If there was one thing I inherited from my parent’s it was their evil look when we were angry.

“I would watch what you said there fur ball before I rip your heart out and feed it to a rat. Maybe I’ll make a new potion that can cure mortality. Snape of all people knows I excel at potion making. Isn’t that right Professor?” I felt my face scrunch up in disgust. He was standing quietly in the corner of the living room just watching everything unfold. I actually used to like Snape’s class because I was so great at Potions but he never really liked me. The whole being in Gryffindor thing made him hate me even though my parents and him were friends at one point. “Wait, I’m sorry. You’re Headmaster now aren’t you? Too bad you didn’t really deserve that title.”

“Watch your mouth you little wench!” I looked over at Bellatrix and rolled my eyes. Psychotic that woman was.

I was about to snap at her as well when the door down the hall opened and then clicked shut quietly. I heard a set of footsteps approaching but I didn’t turn. I could care less who else joined the little party because I was sure I would rip them a new one as well.

“Ah, Malfoy. Glad you could finally make it.” Silas exclaimed with a smile and I stiffed. Okay maybe I did care who was standing behind me.

“Skip the small talk. Has she said where the boy is?” I heard Lucius drawl out and I frowned. Were they talking about me?

“Not yet. She just came down stairs. In all her morning glory of course. Are you sure the Sorting Hat said Gryffindor? She has the mouth of a Slytherin that’s for sure.” Silas said laughing trying lighten up the mood as he started talking to someone being me and oddly enough I knew who it was.

“Strange enough it did. Such a shame too.” The sound of his voice wrapped itself around me but I refused to let any emotions show. After everything we had been through I was still heartbroken at how he was so quick to throw his life away to Voldemort, to prove himself to his father, and to leave me like I meant nothing. I have known the Malfoy family my whole and even as kids we absolutely hated each other and it only intensified as we went to school together. Then I became friends with Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Neville so I dubbed a ‘Mudblood Loving, Charity Pitying, Orphan Lover’ by the Slytherin’s. Mostly Draco called me that but it did nothing to me because my friends were amazing and they were all I had ever needed in my life. During the school year we fought with each other, during the summers we fought with each other, and then soon we weren’t fighting anymore. It all started our fourth year when he held a door open for me. I stared at him waiting for some perverted or cruel joke to come flying out of his mouth but instead he waited for me to pass. As I did I said thank you and replied with a ‘You’re welcome’ and we both went on our way.

Soon it was the Yule Ball at Christmas time and my date from Durmstrang had bailed on me to hook up with one of the older girls from Gryffindor. I had guys giving me compliments all night and I had been getting dirty jealous looks from the other girls all night but I was hurt my date didn’t like me enough that he bailed on me. I had paid good money for my ruby red silk gown and spent hours on my hair and make up so the night felt like a total waste of time. I had walked out into the maze outside in the courtyard and sat down to just cool my head and drink in the fresh air. Draco had apparently followed me after seeing me leave the dance because he stepped out from the shadow’s asking if I was okay. I told him to buggar off but he’d seen the tears in my eyes. He offered me his hand which I stared at for a moment before taking it. When he pulled me up he twirled me around before pulling me into him. I had frozen at him doing such a bold thing, with me of all people. I asked him what he was doing and he replied simply with dancing, and we just stayed like that listening to the music from inside and dancing slowly to it. He was a good foot taller than I so when I laid my head on him it was on his chest. I listened as his heart rate sped up and I smiled. So, I was making him as nervous as he was making me? That was good to know.

It had all ended too soon when we pulled apart as we heard footsteps approaching. It was Snape talking to someone about the Dark Mark and I ended up frowning. My brother had written me saying his had been darkening the past couple of weeks but I thought nothing of it because there was no way the Dark Lord could be back. As the voices grew distant I turned back to Draco who had been staring at me. I asked if there was something on my face that didn’t know about but he only laughed and said he was staring because I looked so beautiful in the moonlight. I don’t think I had ever blushed so hard in my life. He ended up kissing me on the forehead before heading back inside. Needless to say my date from the night before ended up getting injured from ‘falling down the stairs’ but I had a feeling I knew who was behind it. After that I started to slowly but surely fall for the boy I once loathed.

“Girl! Are you daft?”

I blinked in surprise as Bellatrix snapped her fingers in front of my face. I felt my fists ball up at how close she was to me but I refrained from punching her. “What?”

“Do you or do you not know of the boy’s plans to flee from us?” She asked slowly like she was talking to a slow child. I realized she had repeated the question as I was off in my own little world.

“No I didn’t not know of his plans because I refuse to talk to him during the summers. If I don’t talk to him I won’t know where he lives which means when you guys ever feel the need to torture me for answers I honestly won’t have any.” I smiled coldly at her. She looked like she was really contemplating torturing me.

“Silas how did your sister become a traitor to the cause?” She rounded on him and I took a step toward her threateningly. She laughed at me because even I knew she didn’t care whether she lived or died. She also knew I didn’t have the guts to kill anyone without reason. My brother may have been a Death Eater but he was good to me. He never pushed me to do anything I didn’t want to and he was understanding. Not to mention a good listener when I had problems.

Silas held his hand up for me to stop where I was as Greyback took a step towards me. I shuffled away from him in a haste which caused him to sneer at me. I ended up moving too far back because I backed right into Draco without realizing it.

“See? Even you can’t resist me Beyer.” I felt a hand on my ass which caused me to look back at him and shoved him away in disgust.

“Don’t touch me you bloody prat.” I spat at him.

“Rather be a prat than a traitor.” He remarked back coolly.

The room went quiet as everyone seemed to nod in agreement. So I was right. These people didn’t kill me only because of who my family was. I looked around at the 20 something people standing around me as they either glared at me or sneered in disgust. Snape was the only other one besides my brother and Draco who had a blank face.

“Well, if that’s how you guys really feel, I’ll just see my way out.” I turned around and headed for the stairs in a rush. I was seen as a traitor to my family’s side because I was a Gryffindor but I was seen as a liar and potential threat to the people at school because I was a Beyer. The daughter of the most hated Death Eaters in Europe. I really had no one besides my friends. And that was perfectly okay to me.

As I made it to my room I ended up slamming the door shut and locking it. I slid down the door and put my face in my hands as I tried to keep from crying. I loved my brother but I just couldn’t be like the rest of the family. I couldn’t be like Draco and just give up everything to follow what my family wanted of me. I looked around my room in despair before coming to a conclusion of what had to be done next.

Aphrodite hooted over in the corner and I smiled. She was my tawny colored barn owl that I’ve had since I was 10. She kept me company over the long summers. I then looked at my luggage that I used for school.

“Capacious extremis” I muttered at the luggage. I then waved my wand once more and everything in my room minus the actual walls flew into my luggage. I honestly loved the Undetectable Extension Charm. I could fit a small country into a handbag if I wanted too.

As I looked around my room sadly once more I put my hands in my back pockets and realized there was a note in there.

“What the bloody hell?” I whispered to myself as I pulled it out. The feeling of Draco’s hand on my ass came back to my mind and I realized he put it in there. I slowly opened it up and read it.

V,
I had to write this quickly and discreetly so it wouldn’t be taken from me. I know you’re still mad at me and I understand but I need you to hear me out. He is coming. He knows what you are up to and he is coming to stop it. Run!
-D

And that was exactly as I did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey this is just a little thing I was think about all day that I threw together. Hope you guys like it! based of the Deathly Hallows so there obviously wont be too many scenes between Vanessa and Draco which is why I'm going to throw in past memories or moments between them as full chapters themselves. Hope you guys like it! Let me know what you think as well!