The Beard

III.

After leaving my house with Louis, Niall and Harry we spent a good two and a half hours at the bank. After all the paperwork and long pointless conversations the house was officially mines. I owned it. I was so happy and grateful that I nearly burst into tears as I hugged them. After the bank we all went to lunch where we met up with Zayn and Liam. Surprisingly they hugged me hello as we all sat down to eat. I don't know if I ate more then I laughed, or laughed more then I ate. Either way, I was finding it hard to even think about whether or not I would regret my decision. After lunch we headed back to my house (still can't get over the fact that its mines) and they insisted to help me pack. No matter how much I told them it was unnecessary, it was a waste of breath. In the end the settled for me fixing dinner.

"Louis can we talk?" I asked walking out of my room and sitting down on the couch besides him.

"Sure." He said quickly turning off the TV and turning to face.

"Are you gay? Wow, that was really rude. I don't care if you are,I'm just a bit nosy."

"I like both girls and boys love. Right now I'm really into Harry though."

"Noted. So are their any cans and can'ts?"

"Well you can't have tell anyone. Not even your best friend."

"Well the only person I have remotely close to best friend is currently on tour right now."

"Really? What's her name?"

"Lilac Duvall." I smiled as the memories came to me at full speed. "We use to be a little group called L.K.A. Lilac, Karmen and Anna."

"What happened?"

"Well the label didn't like my look and suggested I changed. It took a bit of a fight and then Anna got accepted into her dream school and bailed on us. Pissed I quit the group too. Anna finished school last year and they've been trying to presuade me to get the group back together. I refuse to go through that again."

"Why didn't the label like your look?" He asked his eyebrows knitting together in confusion. I sighed as I got up and headed back into my room and grabbed a picture off my mirror before joining him again. I groaned as I handed him the picture.

"They wanted me to diet. Like wheat grass and water diet. Basically they thought I was fat."

"I wouldn't say fat, I'd say your friends needed to eat more." He joked as I laughed.

"I wouldn't call Anna my friend. More like a work associate."

"Noted. One more thing."

"Yeah?" I asked staring at the picture. I did miss them. I missed the rehearsing and singing together for fun. I missed performing, but I wasn't going back to a shitty as label that wanted me to be a damn stick figure.(no offense to anyone)

"You can't date."

"What?" I asked trying to make sure I heard him right.

"You can't date. Not in private and not in secrecy. It never works out well. He'll get jealous and think the acting is real. Besides we have to make sure they're aren't any loose ends."

"Fine no dating. Got it. Anything else."

"Just that we perform with Lilac Duvall for the rest of the tour." She smiled politely as I glared at him. I didn't want to see her. Yeah, I missed the good old days, but she didn't stand up for me and even agreed with them.

"Fine. I'll do my job. I don't put my personal feelings first."

"If you need to, go ahead. I'll always be around to talk. I mean you are my personal assistant." Besides my sudden irritation with him, I couldn't help but laugh as I shook my head and hugged him. I was about to respond when Harry's voice rang through the house.

"I found the undies!" He screamed as I laughed.

"Get out of my room Harry Styles. You better not be in my bed."

"That is the first time anyone has said that to me." He laughed as I stood in the door way. He had a pair of my black lace panty thong in his hand with a smile on his face. "By the way, I'm keeping these. I'm sure Louis will love me in them."

"Give them back." I laughed readying myself to jump on top of him.

"Never."

"I don't see how you can be so comfortable with someone you just met after only a day."

"Easy. I'm obviously a perv." He laughed horribly mocking me from earlier.

"I don't talk like that or that slow you tosser." And just like that I ended up chasing Harry through my house for my underwear. After a good forty minutes I caught him as he was bent over from laughing so hard. I rolled my eyes finding it hard to contain my own laughed. I finished packing before heading back down to cook dinner. We all ate then they left all giving me a parting big and reminding me to be up early. I had no problem with that I was exhausted. Only one thought remained in my head as I changed into my pajamas and laid down. This one I couldn't just ask them questions about. What was I going to do when I saw Lilac tomorrow night? I haven't seen her since my parents funeral and even then we didn't talk. I wasn't ready to be a part of L.K.A again. Not yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter will be the actual beginning to the road. I hoped you've enjoyed all the background info. Please bare with me. I'm writing as I go. Enjoy!