The Beard

V.

"So you just froze?"asked Louis as I helped him with his hair. It was finally time for the show tonight and I had made up my mind. If Lilac asked me out on stage I'd go, but I had to,run it by the guys first. After all it was my job.

"Well, yeah. I wasn't expecting to see her so soon. I was shock, happy and angry." I admitted

"Why were you upset?"

"Because Anna was there and the feeling of being left out was overwhelming. Why else would Anna be here? They had no idea I was gonna be here. Obviously they're still singing together and didn't need my help. I'm more for the background anyways. What shocked me was the fact that she asked me to sing a song with her."

"Are you?" Asked Harry from the other side of the room. I shook my head no as I sat in a chair next to Louis.

"She only asked out of pity." I mumbled and for a minute it went silent as I stared at my shoes. I was expecting them to deny it for some reason. When they didn't I was too embarrassed to look at them again.

"I can't believe you think that." My head jumped up as I looked towards Anna and Lilac. They both were dressed in a similar way to me. All of us wearing black. Anna had on a skinny jeans like I did and a vest that was cut of just below her bust. Lilac wore a black leather skirt and a leather jacket that fit her perfectly.

"What its true?" I rolled my eyes as I pulled out my phone and leaned back in the chair. To my surprise Lilac came and snatched the phone out of my hand.

"Are you kidding me Karmen? You seriously can't still be upset about shit that happened when we were fucking kids. How many times do I need to apologize?"

"You don't." I growled snatching my phone back. I could see she was getting irritated, but I didn't care. Again the room grew silent and I looked at Louis. He gave me a small smile and to my surprise I smiled back.

"Karmen, look it was me who told the label to tell you to lose some weight. I was jealous and upset. They wanted to put you out front and I was tired of being in the back ground, so I made your weight an issue." I stared at Anna with pure disgust as Lilac held her head down in shame. I rolled my eyes.

"Know what? Fuck the both of you. Just so that I can get you two off my back I'll sing one song with you tonight. Then for the remainder of this tour and our lives leave me the hell alone. Make sure to take the knives out of my back with you. Now leave." I ignored them as I turned back towards the guys. They left without another word. A stagehand came and told us that the show would be starting in another thirty minutes.

"That was pretty harsh." Laughed Harry.

"It was all true though." I replied feeling tears forming in my eyes. I tried blinking them away as the guys hugged me. I laughed.

"If you all didn't smell so good, I would really hate all this hugging."

"You smell good to love. Otherwise we wouldn't even touch you." We joked around for a few more minutes until a stagehand came back.

"Um...Karmen Champagne?"

"Yes?"

"Lilac Duvall is asking for you."

"Oh...okay. One minute please." I looked in the mirror and fixed my eyeliner and added a bit more of black eye shadow. Finishing it all off with an extra coat of cherry red lipstick. I was super nervous. "I'm ready."

"Okay then follow me." I felt as Louis grabbed my hand and the rest of the guys followed us. At first I thought it was moral support then I seen all the paparazzi as we head to the side of the stage. This was it. I was going to be known as Louis's girlfriend from now on. I knew the hand holding was for speculation, but I didn't know when that would be confirmed. Then I realized what happened.

"Simon is signing L.K.A., isn't he?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"I was wondering when you were going to figure that out love. We talked last night. He agrees it'll be easier with the whole secret thing. Also helps that we gave him your C.D. those are the songs you'd be performing tonight. Tonight its about you. Tomorrow is a radio interview with all of us and after it'll be all about us."

"I think I'm going to be sick." I mumbled. He smiled.

"You'll get use to it love. Now kiss me on the cheek for the pictures. Grabbed your mic and get on stage." I laughed as I did as he said and all the guys wished me luck. The curtains weren't open yet. I stood in front of them and frowned.

"This is nothing more then a work thing. Therefore you two are nothing more then work associates. I swear I mean that with every bone in my body." And with that I took my position on the right side of Lilac as the lights began to dim.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have a special surprise for you. It sea as if Lilac Duvall has met up with some friends from back when and now they're back together!" I curtains dimmed as we waited for them to say our names. "Here's Lilac, Karmen and Anna! We give you L.K.A.!" The crowded erupted as the song began. The irony.

[Lilac]
We sign our cards and letters BFF
You've got a million ways to make me laugh
You're lookin' out for me; you've got my back
It's so good to have you around

You know the secrets I could never tell
And when I'm quiet you break through my shell
Don't feel the need to do a rebel yell
Cause you keep my feet on the ground

[Everyone]
You're a true friend
You're here till the end
You pull me aside
When something ain't right
Talk with me now and into the night
'Til it's alright again
You're a true friend

[Anna]
You don't get angry when I change the plans
Somehow you're never out of second chances
Won't say "I told you" when I'm wrong again
I'm so lucky that I've found

[Everyone]
A true friend
You're here till the end
You pull me aside
When something ain't right
Talk with me now and into the night
'Til it's alright again

[Karmen]
True friends will go to the end of the earth
Till they find the things you need
Friends hang on through the ups and the downs
Cause they've got someone to believe in

[Everyone]
A true friend
You're here till the end
You pull me aside
When something ain't right
Talk with me now and into the night
No need to pretend
You're a true friend
You're here till the end
Pull me aside
When something ain't right
Talk with me now and into the night
'Til it's alright again
You're a true friend

[Lilac]
You're a true fri-end.

Once the song ended they kept us on stage to sing backup to a few of her songs. I admit I was having fun and basically living the dream, but the hurt and pain was still there. They betrayed me. I don't think I could ever get over that. When her set was done I basically ran off the stage and towards the guys who had a minute before they had to get on stage. To my surprise they were waiting for me. I smiled as they each hugged me one by one.

"You were amazing."

"Thanks Niall."

"You'd think that you all never broke up the way you sounded together."

"Thanks Liam."

"Got to admit. You three are sexy as shit together. Beautiful birds, love."

"Really Harry." I shook my head as Zayn simply said good job and they all left me and Louis alone.

"So Louis what did you think?" I smiled batting my eyelashes.

"You were right. Together y'all voices tell a story. A story of friendship and love."

"To bad that story turned out to be one big lie." I sighed.

"Maybe it's not. We all do things we regret in the past. Give them a chance to make it up. Or least say you'll think about it." It was silent as he wrapped his arms around my waist and I places my hands on his shoulders. Instantly flashes started coming from all around. I laughed as he put our foreheads together.

"Fine, I'll think about it."

"Promise?"

"Promise." I smiled as he pressed a quick chaste kiss to my lips and headed off towards the stage. Lilac and Anna came and stood on side of me. None of us saying anything as the beat for Midnight memories began to play. It was going to be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've never been to a concert a day in my life. I hope I portrayed it alright. Not gonna be too many concert scenes or interview scenes. Wtbs, interview up next then I'm going m.I.a to update other stories. Enjoy.!