The Beard

VI.

The next night was our interview. i was sweating like hell. i wasn't use to being in the limelight. I was absolutely positive about two things. They wanted to know about L.K.A, but was ultimately curious about Louis and I. People were already shipping us,but for the sake of humanity I will not utter those hideous names. Around seven we met the guys in the lobby of the hotel. I was shaking and just nervous. My palms were sweaty. In my head I was counting to and from ten. I was absolutely positive I was less then three seconds away from fainting.

"Karmen, relax. You're going to be fine." smiled Harry.

"If you call getting on a stage and lying to damn near half of america about everything besides me loving to sing and wanting some form of a relationship with you guys fine, then I believe you."

"I wouldn't call it lying." he shrugged.

"Oh really? What would you call it then?"

"Pre-truths."

I couldn't help the bubble of laughter that erupted from me. He smiled at me and i realized what he was doing.

"Thanks Hazza. I'm fine now."

"Good." He gave me an one armed hug before going over to Niall, Zayn and Anna. I rolled my eyes and turned towards Lilac and Liam. She was giggling and hitting his arm. I felt a smirk form on my face. She was definitly flirting with him. i doubt he even knew that. Taking a few deep breaths I began to count down from ten to try and relax my nerves even more. Harry helpped a bit and all,but i was still nervous.

"Hello, beautiful." i jumped damn near a thousand feet into the air as I heard Louis whisper into my ear. Assuming their were people taking photos around, whether they were the paps or not i decided to just go along.

"Lou! you scared me." I said shyly allowing myself to blush. He laughed as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him. He placed our foreheads together and smiled at me.

"I'm sorry. Forgive me?" i shook my head no as I smiled up at him. Before i could detect it, his lips were pressed against mine. Man, his lips were so soft. I felt as my eyes fluttered close and fireworks shot behind my eyes. I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer to me to avoid clenching my stomach and trying to contain the butterflies that were going out of control. For a moment it seemed like it was just us in a pit of darkness that were bursting with stars and fairy dust. It seemed like the ultimate fairy tale kiss. So when he broke away i was utterly broken and breathless. Then it all came back to me, none of this was real, it was all an act. Even knowing this, I still gained feelings for someone I couldnt have and it sucks. Without another word he grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door and towards the car.

Great, the interview.

With a sigh I quickly followed behind Louis and everyone else. We all were quick to pile into the cars. One Direction in the first car and us in the second. If I didn't want to do the interview what made them think I wanted to spend a second, let alone fifty minutes, in a car with them. I really needed to talk to Simon Cowell about some arrangements. Arrangements in which I'll only see their faces when I don't have a choice. Like interviews, performances and whatnot. Ugh! I sound like a spoiled brat. I wish I could've just rode with Louis and the guys.

"I know you're pissed at me Karmen, but be careful. Louis is a playboy. He's goes through chicks faster then Taylor Swift goes through guys." I couldn't help the laugh that burst straight from my gut at Lilacs comment. Little did she know I was well aware of this, but I understood and knew why. She didn't.

"That was rude and true. Besides, I'm not going to fall for Louis." I lied.

"You can't predict and assume things like this Karmen. It might be all fun and games now, but when he breaks you're heart who's going to help you pick up the pieces?"

I growled shocking myself as I turned my attention towards Anna with a cold hard glare.

"Obviously not two backstabbers. I was fine before you two came back and I'll be fine now. DON'T act like you care."

"But we do."the said simultaneously, neither bothering to look at me. I shook my head and rolled my eyes my temper starting to get the best of me.

"Pft, could've fooled me." I mumbled as I pulled out my phone and out my headphones in. I need a distraction before we arrived. Music and games was my go to. Instead I was getting a video call from Harry.

"Hey Hazza."

"What did you do to Lou?! He won't shut up about you!" He yelled. I couldn't help the small snicker as I watch him run his fingers through his hair.

"What's wrong Hazza? Afraid of a little competition." I teased

"Obviously! I mean you're gorgeous and I'm just Harry Styles. I have no chance." I rolled my eyes as I watched him in his dramatics.

"One, you're being overly dramatic. Two, stick to singing cause you suck at acting. Besides I can hear the guys laughing in the background. Hey One Direction!"

"Hey Karmen!"

"Well, I figured you could use a bit of a smile. Our car passed yours and you didn't look to happy. Is everything alright?"

"Apparently Louis is going to break my heart and I'll have no one to help me pick up the pieces." I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Well, love, girls do tend to fall for Louis even knowing the circumstances."

"I get that Niall, and no offense Lou, but I can't even see myself being with him long term. I am not going to fall for him."

"Well I seen that kiss earlier and it looked pretty steamy."

"That's you're pervy little imagination Harry."

"I'm not the only one. Wait Zayn wants to talk to you. Never mind he said he's going to text you. Well were almost there. Bye!"

"Bye." I laughed as I ended the call and went back to looking out the window. I had a stupid smile on my face and was about to begin daydreaming when my phone buzz.

From:Zayn
Lou is a likable guy and no one would blame you if you fell for him. Just remember okay. You're part of L.K.A. Career first.

To:Zayn
Career before relationship. I get it.


I did. I knew exactly what he meant. I knew this was going to be hard, but I had no idea it would be because I caught feeling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the confusion. Only half posted at first, had to reupload.