‹ Prequel: True Feelings
Status: In writing

It Only Takes One Mistake

Chapter 1

Sergio - Come on Ciara. You gotta come to the game, I'm sure you'll like it.
Ciara - I really don't think that's a good idea Sergio, he might see me.
Sergio - So what? He made it pretty clear that in his life the baby doesn't exist.
Ciara - But what about the others? I'm sure they will be there how would they react seeing me there when I left Barcelona with no warning and didn't keep in touch with them? They probably hate me right now.
Sergio - Just ignore if they say something. You're a grown woman and you made a decision, they have no right to hate you.
Ciara - I still don't know...
Sergio - I'm sure Diego would love to see us play.

I looked at my son who was watching cartoons on TV while laughing. He was such a cutie.

Ciara - What do you say Diego? You want to say uncle Sergio play?

He looked up at us and started to smile and nod.

Ciara - I take that as a yes.
Sergio - Awesome! I can't way to see both of you cheering for me.
Ciara - What? Are you going to make us wear a Real Madrid jersey that says Sergio Ramos?

He didn't respond, but just smirked and then ran to the kitchen.

Ciara - Oh my god I was kidding! I seriously was kidding Sergio!

But it was too late, he already ran back with two jerseys. One for me and one for Diego.

Ciara - Where did you even get them?
Sergio - I have my sources.
Ciara - You are such a goofball you know that?
Sergio - Only for you two.
Ciara - That's so cheesy, but cute at the same time.

He changed his expression into a proud one.

Sergio - Well I better get going. See you tomorrow at the game.

He kissed my cheek and I turned red quickly. I feel like he's trying to make a move on me.

Sergio - Bye Diego!
Diego - Bye uncle Sergio.
Sergio - You know you are lucky to have him?
Cia - Of course I know that.

And with that he left quickly and I went to sit next to Diego while he was watching Dora the Explorer my guess. He was growing bigger and bigger everyday and I can't keep up with buying him clothes and it get's a little frustrating, but I can't really imagine my life without him. Sometimes he made me remember Gerard because they looked so similar, he definitely got the looks from Gerard. When I always look at him I think how did I get here? I gotta say at first it was so hard to save money, I was once again a waitress, but Sergio got me a place to work as a secretory to Real Madrid and the salary there was much bigger so now I could afford a better life for Diego. I am so thankful to Sergio and Cristiano for helping me when I was in a bad place and they seemed to like Diego as much as Diego liked them.

I felt really nervous for the game tomorrow... What if one of them really see me? What would I do then? What would they do? I hope they don't see me though, I can't even imagine what would I tell them. Would they even talk to me after this stunt? Uh I have to clear my mind. I picked up Diego and he started to whimper.

Ciara - I know you don't want to sleep, but it's already late.
Diego - But I'm not tired yet!
Ciara - Well if you wanna see uncle Sergio and uncle Cristiano play then you have to go to sleep.
Diego - I'll go to sleep then.
Ciara - Now that's a good boy.

I started to walk to his room.

Diego - Can I sleep with you tonight mommy?
Ciara - Are you scared to sleep alone?

He just hugged me tightly and nodded. I can't believe I have a son that's the most cutest thing in the world and I'm serious, he is adorable! I changed him into his pj's and then I changed and then we went to sleep. He asked me to read a book about three piggies. Classic book, once I was in the middle of reading it Diego was already sleeping. He looked so peace full and happy. I promise myself I will keep him this way no matter what. It didn't take me long to fall asleep too.

The Next Day

Ciara - Do you like your jersey?
Diego - I like it very much mommy!
Ciara - Well you'll have to thank Sergio for getting you it.

I was already in my jersey that Sergio gave me. It was a little too big, but I still kinda liked it. I took Diego's hand and we walked to the car. I've put on his seat belt and drove off. I took me about 20 minutes to get to the stadium and thank God Diego was not fussy, he almost didn't fall asleep though.

Ciara - Were here sweetie.

He opened his eyes and immediately smiled. I guess he liked football a lot, comes from his father. I parked the car and picked him up. I showed my tickets and went to the stadium. I got the special seats with the WAG's and such. Some of them were nice and to me most of them were kinda stuck up, but that's just my opinion. Both teams were in the stadium warming up and then I saw Gerard, Leo, Neymar and everyone else. I looked at the other stands and I think there sat Antonella with Gabriele. Damn it I missed them so much, but the sad part is that I couldn't talk to them...

It was already the 57th minute and the result was 1-0 to Real Madrid. Cristiano actually scored and Barca didn't look that good this time, but then I saw Leo running like crazy with the ball through all defenders and then kicking the ball which went right through Iker. He actually scored a goal and now was running towards my direction while celebrating, but then he looked up and froze. SHIT! He saw me! I shifted uncomfortably. Some people from the stands were now looking at me. This is not happening. The rest of the Barca team was now looking at me. This is not fucking happening. Diego started waving to all of them while laughing.

Diego - Why are they looking at you mommy?
Ciara - Because they know me.
Diego - Oh wow! Can I meet them?
Ciara - I don't think that's a good idea.

They all kept staring at until it was insisted to continue the match which ended with a draw. I quickly got out of the stands and now was waiting for Sergio near the changing room.

Leo - Ciara?

I turned around and saw Leo, Anto, Gabriele, Neymar and the least I expected to be with them Gerard. I slowly took a step back.

Diego - Mommy I'm scared what's happening?

I picked up him and hugged him tightly.

Ciara - Shh everything will be fine...
Leo - Ciara where the hell were you?!

I wanted to cry right now. I didn't even know what to say to them, someone please help me.

Leo - Are you deaf or something?! Explain yourself!

Diego started to cry from the yelling. Then someone bursted out from the changing room.

Cristiano - What the hell is happening here?

Cristiano looked at me holding Diego who was crying and then turned the other way and his expression turned into an angry one.

Cristiano - What the hell are you doing here?
Leo - We came here to see how will she fucking explain herself!
Cristiano - You have no right to command her.
Leo - Oh hell I do!
Cristiano - If you even dare to come one step closer I promise I will punch you Messi.
Gerard - I believe I do have a right to meet my child.
Cristiano - Don't make me laugh Pique, you refused that Diego even existed.

Gerard's expression quickly turned into a dark one and he was coming closer to me. Almost the rest of the team came out of the changing room and now were looking to what was happening here.

Gerard - You fucking bitch! How do you even dare to take my child away from me?!

This one seriously hurt... I gave Diego to Sergio and came closer to Gerard.

Ciara - Your child? Are you kidding me? You don't fucking deserve him, you left me pregnant and didn't want him to exist and now your claiming I took him away from you?
Gerard - I made one mistake and you already left Barcelona with no warning!
Ciara - It takes only one mistake Gerard and you made it.