Good Enough to Fall For

Crash Landing in Tokyo

Lili stood before Lord Satan, he was towering over her. She had small wounds across her body that proved the struggle in the North had taken her army with it.
"Lucifer was killed, Emilia the Hero brought him down." Alciel said watching the female's face contort in pain. He knew how that would kill her inside, it saddened him to have to tell her.
"What am I to do, my Lord?" Lili asked.
"Go into hiding, I feel that every thing will end soon. They will be finished with Malacoda soon, I want you to survive this." Satan said looking at his second most trusted adviser. She bowed her head and stood down from him.
"As you wish my Lord." She turned, her cloak twirling behind her as she left.
"My Lord? Was that wise?" Alciel asked giving a perplexed look to the king.
"Yes, if she can survive this she will be worthy to take my place. As for you, my second in command, we haven't much time. The Hero will be here soon." As he spoke that door shattered open, he looked to see the Hero before him.

Lili ran as far as she could from the castle, she decided flying would be dangerous. She quickly returned to a small village she had grown in, she knew she would have to change her appearance. She would find someone who seemed to be alone and use them. It only took her a few moments to notice someone who was all by themselves in the alley, almost like they were hiding. She slowly approached the woman, a fearful expression dawned her face. She must have looked like a nightmare, Lili could feel her horns moving her slightly wavy hair. Her wings fluttered out from her cloak, she smiled at the woman. The demons target screamed in terror, the scream was cut off. The woman fell to the ground, the victim slowly vanished into the ground. A crack of thunder covered the town, they were still in fear of the demon attacks. Finally she walked out of the alley way, she looked like that of her victim. Her long bluish silver hair fell around her shoulders, she was very small and skinny. She seemed unhealthy. With the famine and destruction that had plagued the lands that was understandable.

She had spent the past few months underground in a small village in Ente Isla, she could feel suspicions raising against her. Lili felt that the village was starting to turn against her, ever since she had started to let her emotions take control there were more deaths and storms. The village felt that it was her fault. In the dead of night she crept out of the small town, she knew that Lord Satan and Alciel had escaped through a portal. She crept through the country side of the North Island, suddenly the sound of a distant cry made her break into a full on run. She could hear the people behind her shouting in anger. She summoned her power and let her wings sprout from her back, her horns curling from her, again black, hair. As she tried to take to the air she felt something grab her ankle.
"Where do you think you're going? You demon bitch." The local blacksmith was holding onto her ankle. She was still to weak from the long period of time spent in a human's form. She hit the ground and groaned. A sword struck at her as she rolled to dodge it, she summoned her strength and pushed her way off the ground.

A cut across her cheek and a large gash in her side, she opened the gate. She flew into the air and soared through the gate, the sound of angry villagers far behind her. She tried her hardest not to pass out, suddenly she felt that she was falling. Her eyes flew open and she saw the ground approaching her fast. She hit the ground and felt the like she had broken every bone in her body, never in her life had she experienced such pain. She laid on the ground, not able to move an inch.

Lucifer was on a run for snacks, he wasn't pleased with this but knew that he had to or face the wrath of Alciel. He slowly walked down the streets, out of nowhere a figure fell from the sky. Rushed forward, he saw a woman laying on the ground. She had a cut across her cheek, and a large gash across her stomach. He knew who she was, but there was no way. He had been informed that the North Siege had killed her and her army. He knelt next to her and shook her shoulder, her dark eyes opened and she looked at him.
"Lili." He said quietly. Suddenly he realized how strange it would look to normal passersby. A girl cut open and him just kneeling next to her. He just hoped that her wounds weren't that deep, her armor was gone and she was only wearing a dress that seemed to fit the north. He picked her up carefully and carried her all the way back to the Devil's Castle. He opened the door and heard Ashiya yelling at Maou about money. Urushihara cleared his throat to make himself and the currently unconscious General known.
"Urushihara! Why do you have a bleeding girl?" Ashiya asked.
"Is that who I believe it to be?" Maou asked looking at her carefully.

Ardat Lili slowly opened her eyes, she felt the sticky blood on her side. The first face she saw was that of Satan himself. He smiled and said "Lili, good to see you awake."
Looking behind Satan she could see Alciel, beside him was a very worried looking Lucifer, but that was crazy he was dead.
"My Lord." She whispered softly, she couldn't speak very loudly.
"How did you come here? Why are you cut open like that?" He asked looking at her, his brow furrowed in concern.
"The village I was in caught on that I was, what I am." She croaked. Her voice cracking mid-sentence.
"Rest for now. We'll tend your wounds, don't speak until you are able to. You're in much pain." Alciel said looking at her.
She closed her eyes and drifted off into a deep sleep.

"Where did you find her?" Maou asked looking at Urushihara.
"I was walking down the street, she crashed down on the sidewalk. She was a few blocks away, I'll give her that her aim was pretty spot on. She was bleeding when she fell out of the sky." Urushihara said looking over her. He felt awful, if only he had known she was alive. He would have done anything to protect her, this would have never happened if Olba hadn't taken him in. But then he wouldn't have lived to see her ever again.
"Snap out of it! Bring our Lord the gauze while he dresses her wounds." Ashiya snapped.
"I'll do it." Urushihara said bringing the gauze over to her bloody body.
"You? Doing something productive?" Ashiya teased.
Urushihara said nothing as he began to dress her wounds, she whimpered in pain as he applied pressure to the bleeding. He carefully taped the bandages into their proper place, her face was scrunched up in pain. He saw the cut that adorned her cheek, he sprayed it with antiseptic and placed a bandage on it. He brushed her bangs from her eyes, then quickly looked away with a red face. He had forgotten that the others were there and watching him.
"She always had a power over you, didn't she?" Maou asked with a smirk.
"Shut up." Urushihara snapped.

Lili opened her eyes and looked up at the ceiling of a run down home, she blinked a few times and tried to sit up. She felt a hand push her back, she glanced over and saw Alciel beside her.
"You shouldn't push it, you don't have insurance yet and it's not worth over exerting yourself and going to the hospital."
"T-the what?" She stuttered, her tongue was still twisted in the language that was native to Ente Isla.
"A place they go to heal people, it's all very expensive."
"I-I see. I have a question."
"What would that be?" He ask politely.
"How did I get here?"
"Urushihara, come over here and show her your face."
A familiar face made an appearance, his long dark purple hair fell over his eye. His pale skin was still as flawless as it had always been.
"L-Lucifer?" Her face felt hot as she stared at him.
"Lili." He whispered, a soft smile graced his face.
"N-no! You're-you're dead! The Hero killed you!"

Ashiya left the apartment, it was just the two of them left in the room. Urushihara looked at her again, she looked confused. Her large dark eyes were wider than he had ever seen them.
"I-I'm here." He said quietly.
"No, you can't be. They told me you were dead, I would have looked. I would have found you, I wanted to. I wanted to find your body. I had to leave." Tears welled up in her eyes. She was actually crying over him. He adverted his eyes and whispered "They said you were taken out. Nobody told me you were still alive."
He slowly reached forward and she fell into his arms, he held her.
He could feel her heart racing against his chest, she was breathing unevenly.
"You're still in pain, lay back down."
"I-I can't, knowing you're here. I've missed you so much." She held onto him tighter. He pulled her closer to his chest.
"I've missed you too."
"I really, really love you." Lili said quietly.
"I love you too. Sleep now, I'll be here when you wake up." He laid her down and watched as she closed her eyes.

Urushihara stood in the kitchen chopping ginger, they had bought a new box of soba noodles. He carefully cooked them, cautious not to burn anything in the stir-fry. He thought back to Ente Isla, he remembered when he had fallen.
He looked down from the clouds, he could see everything. He saw her face, her beautiful actions, her grace. He knew everything about her, her powers, her breed. It would be his downfall, Gabriel had warned him about falling in love with anyone on the ground. It was truly forbidden for them to love anything that came from below them. He watched her, his hands folded under his chin. She seemed calmer than some of the other demons he had seen. She sat outside, a book in her hands, underneath a tree. A smile crossed his face as she laughed softly at her book, he felt his stomach flutter. He could feel the gaze of the Archangel Gabriel on him, he knew he would be chastised again for his constant overview of her. He wasn't suppose to pick favorites, especially when it came to that of the demon race. She was with the Dark Lord Satan.

"Lucifer, this pains me brother." Gabriel exclaimed, upon his face was a look of extreme disappointment.
"What pains you?" Lucifer asked, he tried to remain nonchalant about it. He knew what was going to happen.
"God has decided, you must be cast."
"I see. Why?"
"You show to much infatuation for that Succubus."
"Ah, her name is Ardat Lili."
"You know it's name."
"Why not?"
"You're, well you were, an angel. You shouldn't have such unsavory attractions to beasts like that."
"Watch it." Lucifer warned.
"You must be cast down. I hope she was worth losing your life here for."
"I'm sure she is." Lucifer commented as he slowly made his way to the pearly gates that would lock on him for the rest of his life.

The door shutting snapped him from his trip down memory lane, he wasn't sure who had entered for he was still trying to prepare the broth.
"It actually smells good in here. What are you cooking Urushihara?" He heard Ashiya ask.
"I'm making food for Lili, she needs strength."
"I guess that's correct, but I never expected you to cook for anyone. I didn't even think you could cook for yourself, let alone others."
"Thanks, that makes me feel so much better." The shorter of the two commented with a sarcastic grin. "If you'll excuse me, I'm going to see that she eats before it goes cold."
He walked past Ashiya and sat next to where Lili was on the floor, he took her shoulder and shook it softly. She jumped awake and looked at him. He smiled at her and motioned for her to sit up, she slowly rose with his aid.
"Thank you very much."
"Maou will get your ID and everything in a few days when you're feeling better."
"O-okay." She said softly.