Remember Me

fem

july, 2012


Mackenzie sighed, relieved because her plane had finally touched back down in Chicago. She had been coast-to-coast over the past few weeks, doing interviews and performances. She was very happy to be back home and she couldn't wait to sleep.

However, her friends had other plans.

While 30,000 feet in the air, she'd gotten a text from Harper saying she'd be picking her up at the airport because the Blackhawk boys were finally back in town and Marcus was throwing a party. So naturally, Harper would have an outfit ready for her and she would be whisked away to Marcus' home.

She'd be completely fine with seeing her friends usually, however, Jonathan Toews would be in attendance and she hadn't seen him in weeks, since their date. She was so nervous she could vomit.

The date had gone well. Better than well. Fantastic, Mackenzie would say. He had taken her to a burger place that he swore by and they'd sat outdoors under the warm sun talking for hours. He was sweet and listened to her babble with the most beautiful smile on his face. On the way home, the couple walked very slow, soaking each other in. He held her hand and asked about her career and he, again, let her babble about her passion for singing. And when the date came to an end, Jon walked her up the steps of her home, asking if he'd see her soon. She eagerly told him she wanted to see more of him, wanting to swoon when he smiled so brightly at her. He took her hand and leaned in, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

He slowly walked down her steps and back to the sidewalk with a promise to text her soon.

And text her he did. As soon as she stepped inside and closed her door, her phone buzzed with a text from Jonathan.

I had a really great time, Mackenzie.

><

Mackenzie had hopped into Harper's car and her best friend wasted no time speeding off in the direction of her house.

"Are you excited?" Harper asked, giggling slightly. "Jon's going to be there."

Mackenzie wrung her hands together, looking out the window. "Harper, I am so fucking nervous to see him, I think I might actually puke."

Harper looked at her friend and was silent for a moment. "Wow... you've got it bad."

"I know!" Mackenzie stressed.

Harper stopped at a red light, turning her head. "Alright, listen, MJ. We're gonna get home and get you all dolled up. Then I'm going to take pictures of you for Instagram, not because Jon will see or anything, but because your Instagram is dry. And then we're gonna walk over to Marcus' and get some liquid courage in you before I ship you off into the Captain's very large arms."

Mackenzie huffed out air, amused. "Okay...what am I wearing?"

><

Image
mackenziej_: back in my favorite city
liked by marcuskruger90, pkane80, and 148,290 others | 25,398 comments


harper_evans: you're welcome
pkane80: wow
pkane80: Jon's eyes came out of his head when he saw this
marcuskruger90: Stop taking pictures and get here!


><

The bass coming from Marcus Kruger's house could be heard three blocks away in each direction. Harper entered first, disappearing in the crowd of people. Mack walked in slowly, dragging her eyes across the foyer and the hallway to see if she spotted a friendly face. She was brought out of her observations when a hand landed on her waist.

When she found it's owner, she came face-to-face with a rather drunk Patrick Kane. "MJ!"

Kaner hugged her tightly, lifting her slightly off the ground. Mackenzie squealed. "Pat, put me down, you animal!"

The young man laughed at her and sloppily kissed her cheek. "Did you come alone? Is Harper here?" Mackenzie smiled, knowing full well about the hockey player's crush on her friend.

"She disappeared, but she's here somewhere." Kaner grinned and took her hand, leading her to the kitchen. Mack caught a glimpse of Marcus laughing with a few more of the Blackhawks, but not the Blackhawk she was dreading to see.

"Jon's around here somewhere, also, if that's what you're craning your neck for. Last I saw him, he couldn't get away from some brunette." Kaner said to her.

"I'm going to go say hi to Marcus," Mackenzie said, ignoring his statement. "I'll catch you later, Kaner."

Mackenzie made her way to the group of men hanging out near the edge of the dining room. Marcus' eyes lit up when he saw her. He met her halfway, hugging her tightly. It was unspoken, but they'd missed each other very much. "Det är bra att se dig, kärlek." Marcus said softly in her ear. (It's good to see you, love.)

Mackenzie squeezed her friend tighter. She hadn't seen him since he'd left in April for Stockholm and she'd missed his presence so much. When they released each other, she put her hands to his cheeks, getting a good look at him.

"You've let your beard grow out, I see. How does mama feel about that?" Mackenzie teased.

Marcus rolled his eyes and took her hands away. "I am a grown man, Mackenzie." Mack smiled at his grumpy reply.

"Hello boys," Mackenzie greeted the group that Marcus had been with. They all waved and said their hellos to the blonde. "Have you seen Harper, by chance?" She asked, turning back to Marcus.

"She was raiding the alcohol a few minut-"

"MACKENZIE!"

"Speak of the devil," Marcus said, after being cut off.

Harper speeded over to her friends, with shot glasses filled to the brim of some clear alcohol. "Take this. I saw Jonathan with some leggy brunette in the backyard."

Mackenzie knocked the shot back, grimacing. Marcus laughed, "Yes, that leggy brunette is Amanda. She's a Hawk regular. She's been trying to put the works on Jon for God knows how long." Harper handed Mackenzie the second shot glass, which Mackenzie drank as Marcus spoke.

"I guess I should just pull the band-aid off and go see him, right?" Mackenzie asked, watching Harper nod enthusiastically.

Mack placed the shot glass down and exhaled. "You've got this, Mack." Harper cheered her on.

><

Mackenzie stepped out the back door to find another large crowd outside and in the pool. She scanned the area, locking onto Jon's shoulders near the bar. He was wearing black jeans and a black t-shirt. Typical. As she studied him at the bar, she also zeroed in on the brunette that her friends had told her about. She had her hands on Jon's arms and her mouth was moving a million miles a minute. Jon looked stiff, so she figured she'd rescue him.

Mackenzie walked down towards the outdoor bar, saying hi to faces she knew. As she got to the bar, she put her hand on Jon's back. "There you are, babe. I've been looking everywhere for you," Mackenzie sweetly said, smiling as Jon looked at her.

Amanda narrowed her eyes at Mackenzie, whipping her head to look at Jon, who's eyes were only on Mackenzie's. "Who's this, Jonny?"

Mackenzie wanted to laugh at her tone, but she raised her eye at Jon, hoping he'd play along for his own sake. "This is my girl, Mackenzie. You've probably heard of her, she's kinda famous."

Mackenzie smiled at Amanda, making sure to wrap her arm around Jon's waist while she watched. "Nice to meet you! Thanks for keeping him company." Mackenzie narrowed her eyes at the girl, waiting for her to take the hint to leave.

Amanda huffed, annoyed. "Whatever...I'll see you later, Jonny."

Mackenzie kept herself attached to Jon's side as the girl slowly walked away. She felt Jon lose the tension from his body, but Mackenzie was a performer and she liked putting on a show.

She smiled sweetly up at Jon, catching his face in her hands. "She's still watching," Mackenzie muttered, before pressing her lips to the man in front of her.

She knew she'd caught Jon by surprise. She caught herself by surprise. Kissing Jon had not been on her agenda for tonight. The tension in his body had come back and then disappeared again, gaining the confidence to press his lips harder against hers. Mackenzie wrapped her arms around his neck, pressing herself closer to him, which made him grip her hips tight.

Mackenzie knew the other girl had to be long gone by now, but she couldn't stop kissing Jonathan. He had even backed her up against the bar top, trapping her between him and the surface. His hands had found their way to her neck and hair and Mackenzie's rested on his arms.

After what felt like an eternity of making out, Jon pulled back and rested his forehead on hers. She stared up at him, but he kept his eyes closed as their heavy breaths mingled. "Hi, Jonny," Mackenzie whispered.

Jon chuckled, opening his eyes to take a peek at the girl that made his heart beat faster. "It's nice to see you, too, Mack."

Mackenzie and Jon were in their own little world, pressed against the bar just staring at one another. Harper and Kaner watched from the back door, giggling like five-year-olds because their friends had finally kissed. "It's about damn time," Kaner mumbled.

><

Jonathan and Mackenzie were attached to each other's hips all night, unable to keep their hands off each other.

Mackenzie had long forgotten why she'd been so nervous to see this man again because her mind was full of images of him kissing her like she was the only person left in the world.

They held hands all night, sneaking kisses here and there. Jon would occasionally lean down to whisper something in her ear, knowing it would make her cheeks turn that pretty pink they always did. He was infatuated with her and everyone around them knew it.

Eventually, the party started to come to an end. Party-goers began to spill out into the streets of Chicago, leaving Marcus' home behind. Mackenzie knew Jon wanted to bring her home, but she needed to find Harper first.

After twenty minutes of searching, Mackenzie made her way back to the front steps where Jonathan was sitting waiting for her. "I can't find Harper," she frowned. "I texted her letting her know I was leaving so hopefully she's okay."

Jon stood up at the sound of her voice. "I'm sure she's okay. Maybe she just went home."

Mackenzie seemed unsure. "Yeah, maybe..."

Jon smiled softly, holding his hand out. "C'mon kid," Mackenzie let him lead her in the direction of her house.

The buzz from the alcohol had worn off hours ago, but she was still drunk. Drunk on the man holding her hand, walking a step in front of her. Her lips tingled thinking about the heated kisses they had shared hours before.

Their walk home was filled with a comfortable silence. Mackenzie just wanted to drink up his presence and Jon was perfectly content with having her hand in his. When they finally reached her house, she walked up the steps, stopping at the top. He stayed down on the bottom, looking up at the blonde.

Mackenzie smiled at him. "Thank you for walking me home, Jon."

"Anytime, Mack," he said.

Mackenzie began to wring her hands, which he had picked up on when they had their date last month. She was nervous about something. "Is everything okay?" he asked.

She smiled softly. "Yeah...did you wanna come inside?"

Jon looked up at the girl, debating if it was a good idea to do what she asked. Mackenzie seemed to notice his turmoil and said, "I don't bite, Jonathan."

He knew she was teasing him, and so he knew his answer. Jonathan stepped up to where she was on the stoop. "Maybe I like biting."

><

Image
jonathantoews: Someone told me I should make an Instagram, but I didn't know what to post, so here's that someone refusing to look at the camera.
tagged; mackenziej_
liked by pkane80 and 12,386 others | 385 comments


harper_evans: YESSSSS
pkane80: ^
shawz65: ^^
marcuskruger90: ^^^
mackenziej_: ^^^^
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this update took so longggggg. hope you guys enjoy ;)