Remember Me

sex

december 27th, 2012


It had been a week since Mackenzie had been home. Jon had been nothing but accommodating towards her. He didn't push her for anything. He missed out on his past three games to cook and keep her company all week, but tomorrow he would be playing against St. Louis due to her pushing him to go back to work.

This morning, Mack woke up early to Jon creeping around getting ready for practice. When she entered the kitchen, Jonathan looked guilty. "Did I wake you? I guess my attempts to be quiet didn't work too well."

Mackenzie smiled softly at him and went to pour herself a cup of coffee. She and Jon moved around each other comfortably as if no time or memories had been lost. She leaned against the island while he ate a quick bowl of cereal.

"Are you excited to play tomorrow?" She asked, making her boyfriend look at her with the straightest face she'd ever seen. "Drama queen..."

"You know how I feel about leaving you home alone, MJ," Jon said, continuing to eat. "I'd much rather stay here with you."

Mackenzie rolled her eyes. "I'm perfectly fine, Jonathan. I'll call Harper or something,"

Jon got up to put his dish in the sink. He turned back to her, sighing. "I know you'll be fine, Mack," he leaned towards her, kissing her forehead. "I'll be back in a few hours. Don't do anything I wouldn't."

She waved to him as he grabbed his gear and headed out the door. Mackenzie headed to the bathroom, not sure what to do with herself. Her long blonde hair was a mess from the night of sleep she had.

Maybe she'd call Harper like she told Jon. After freshening up, she texted Harper asking if she'd like to come over.

><

Harper and Mackenzie sat together under a large blanket watching TV. After the fifth episode in a row, Mackenzie grew tired and shut the television off.

"I think I should cut my hair," she blurted out, looking at her friend.

Harper grinned wide. "I support this SO hard!" Harper jumped up, grabbing her coat. "Let's go, MJ!!"

Mackenzie laughed as she ran out of the house with Harper, heading to the hair salon.

><

Image
mackenziej_: went through a traumatic event so you know what that means!
liked by harper_evans, jonathantoews and 273,485 others | 12,486 comments


harper_evans: SHORT HAIR DON'T CAREEEEE
jonathantoews: Mackenzie I left for THREE hours
landeskog92: jeeeeez


><

After Harper left, Mackenzie spent the next hour playing around with her new hair. Eventually, Jonathan walked in, exhausted. "Mack?"

MJ bounded out of the bathroom to the foyer, where Jon was removing his shoes. She waited for him to look at her, excited to show off what she'd done.

Jonathan finally looked up at her, seeing the haircut in person. She was practically bursting at the seams waiting for his reaction. He moved across the foyer towards his girlfriend, taking the short blonde hair between his fingers. Mackenzie was beaming up at him, it was adorable.

"I didn't think it was possible, kid..." he said.

Mackenzie's face dropped slightly. "Oh, skit," (shit) she frowned. "You don't like it?"

Jon kept his straight face going. "No, no," he stared into her eyes. "I didn't think it was possible for you to get more beautiful than you were before."

Mackenzie slowly smiled up at him. She threw herself right into his chest, wrapping her arms tight around his middle. "Thank you," she whispered.

Jonathan laughed, wrapping his arms around her shoulders. "So... what should we have for dinner? I was thinking spaghetti."

Mackenzie smiled as Jon walked further into the house, chattering about food. She could see why they'd been together for two years. He made it easy.

><

That night after dinner, Mackenzie and Jon sat in the spare bedroom looking at all of the photo albums Mack kept throughout the years. Mackenzie would pick up a photo and Jon would eagerly tell the story behind it.

She picked up one particular photo where Jon and she stood on ice. Mackenzie was on his back taking a piggyback ride while he grinned from ear-to-ear skating her around. "What's this one from? You look so happy."

Jon grinned just like he had in the photograph. "We won the Stanley Cup that year. Jesus, I was so happy. The second one I was able to be Captain for. I swear as soon as that game ended, you came sprinting out onto that ice in Boston. Almost busted your little ass," he said, glancing over at his girlfriend.

Mackenzie took the photo back out of his hands. She smiled down at it before putting it in a pile next to her. Jon nudged her leg. "What are you doing with those?"

"They're for a new photo album, I think. Memories I want to remember," Mackenzie smiled at Jon, nod his head slowly and grabbed her hand. "What?" she asked.

"Nothin', just madly fucking in love with you, kid."
♠ ♠ ♠
im back!!!! sorry for the long wait, i kinda lost inspiration there for a while but we're back!! the chapter's a lot shorter than normal but it's a start! enjoy guys