We Took the Fall

70: You Would?

Sparing a yawn into his hand, Fernando leant against the doorframe, his dark eyes watching as Catalina as she padded around the kitchen, cooing softly to Felix who was sat in his seat, babbling happily to himself. It was early, Fernando had heard Catalina move almost an hour previous, but for a second, he merely wanted to watch her and enjoy the fact that for the first time in a little while, he had nowhere else to be. Shifting a little, he spared another soft yawn into his hand before he padded into the room, sneaking up on Catalina who had turned towards the stove. Smirking a little to himself, he placed his hands either side of her before he ducked his head, pressing a soft kiss to her shoulder.

Catalina jumped a little before she turned her head, offering him a crooked smile. “You’re in a good mood” she teased.

Fernando smiled. “Can you blame me?” he mused, kissing her shoulder softly once more “I have nowhere to be and that means I get to spend the morning here with the two of you” he added.

“You’ve spent the morning with us before” Catalina quipped, moving to pull away from him a little.

“I know” he mused “But for the next few weeks, I get to do it a little more and that is something I am looking forwards to” he enthused as he moved to pour himself a glass of juice. He knew that she had a point, it wasn’t the first morning that he had had with her and Felix since the little boy had been born, but it was something he enjoyed and he wanted to make the most of it. HE wanted to enjoy spending a little more time with his little family.

“Well, we’re very glad to have you here” Catalina quipped as she moved to pick Felix up “And seeing as you’re up, you can go and get Felix dressed for the day. Your madre has asked us over for lunch and I kind of told her that we would be there” she mused as she carefully moved to hand Felix to Fernando.

“You did?” Fernando posed.

Catalina nodded. “She told me that she wanted to see Felix, but I get the feeling that wedding planning might be high up on the agenda too. I know that she’s been itching to talk about it for a little while” she quipped as she moved to sip on her mug of tea.

“And you’re alright with that?” Fernando posed, pulling his attention away from Felix who had started to get a little fussy. It wasn’t the first time, since Felix had arrived, more than one person had enquired as to whether they had made any plans for their wedding, and he wanted to ensure that Catalina was alright with it. The last thing he wanted was for her to feel pressured or pushed into anything.

Catalina, who’d moved to check on her breakfast, nodded her head. “I’m OK with it” she confirmed softly.

“You sure?” Fernando posed “Because if you’re not, I can easily talk to my mother and Esther, tell them back…”

“Nando” Catalina interjected “You do want to get married at some point, don’t you?” she quipped with a soft smile.

“You know that I do” Fernando noted gently.

“Then at some point we’re going to have to make a decision on a date and a location, something your mother and Esther seem very happy to help with. I really don’t mind, Fernando” she mused softly.

Fernando offered her a slightly dubious look before Felix let out a small cry, pulling his parents’ attention to him. “I should go and get him dressed” Fernando noted gently.

Catalina nodded her head gently before she moved to step towards him, pressing a kiss against his cheek. She found it sweet, the way he was concerned about her getting overwhelmed, but a small part of her was excited. As much as she wanted them to take their time, she was excited by the prospect of planning a wedding.

~#~
“So, how are things with the two of you now that Felix is here?” Flori mused as she padded around the table, clearing up the plates. It had been a pleasant afternoon, after a pleasant meal, Catalina and Fernando had spent a little time catching up with her his mother and father, and Catalina had to admit that she had enjoyed herself, even if she did find herself still a little nervous about the prospect of being around his relatives, it had been a nice afternoon.

“We’re fine” Fernando enthused, sipping on his glass of water.

“Fine?” Flori teased.

“We’re good” Catalina corrected gently “It’s taken a little adaption, but I think we’re coping well” she added, offering a look towards Fernando who grinned back at her, causing his mother to coo.

“Have you given much thought to a wedding date yet?” Jose quipped as he pushed himself to his feet, moving to take the plates out of his wife’s hands.

“Not particularly” Catalina quipped “But I was thinking that I’d like to do it pretty soon” she added.

“You would?” Fernando quipped.

Catalina nodded. “I would” she confirmed gently, a small smile on her face.

Fernando tilted his head. “I thought you’d want to wait” he noted gently “I thought that we’d be looking at least another year” he added gently. It surprised him, the idea that Catalina wanted to get married quickly had caught him off guard, but it pleased him. A small part of him had thought that Catalina, who had reputation for being a little reluctant to take steps forwards in their relationship, would want to take things slower.

“I would like to do it soon” Catalina confirmed gently “Perhaps towards the end of the year?” she suggested softly.

Fernando nodded his head. “That sounds like a plan” he enthused softly.

Catalina offered him a grin before the sound of Felix’s whimpers reached her, causing her to push herself to her feet in order to check on him.

Fernando watched after her for a second before he flicked his attention back to his parents, not missing the warm smiles they wore. “What?” he muttered.

“It’s just sweet” Flori smiled “You and Catalina, it’s adorable” she enthused before she padded out of the room, her husband in tow.

Fernando watched the two of them out of the room before he shook his head, smiling a little to himself. He knew that they had a little work to do, weddings tended to require a lot of planning and he and Catalina had very little in place, but already the mere idea of marrying her made him grin. It was something he’d been waiting on for a little while and he couldn’t wait for the moment to arrive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 for the comment :)