We Took the Fall

71: If That’s What You Want

Resting his head back against the sun lounger that he sat in, Fernando spared a soft smile, his dark eyes watching Catalina who sat a little away from him, towel drying her blonde hair. It had been impromptu, after a couple of weeks of people fussing over them and their engagement, Fernando had made the decision that he wanted to get a way for a little while, and with the team not due back in training for another couple of weeks, he had opted to take advantage, whisking Catalina and Felix away for a week.

Pushing a hand through his blonde hair, he sat up a little before he padded towards Catalina, settling down behind her before he pressed a kiss to her shoulder.

Catalina, who’d been adjusting the bikini she wore, smiled a little. “Hola” she murmured softly.

“Hola” Fernando mumbled against her shoulder.

“I thought you were relaxing in the sun?” Catalina quipped softly “It’s been a while since you had the chance to just relax” she added, her hands moving to tie her blonde hair into a ponytail.

“I was” Fernando mused, brushing a few loose strands away from her neck “But then I realized just how long it has been since I saw you like this and I thought I could come over here and tell you just how…” Fernando’s voice drifted off a little as the sound of Felix’s cries echoed away from the monitor which sat on the table a little away from them, something which made Catalina smile a little.

“I ought to go and check on him” she noted gently.

Fernando nodded his head softly before he ducked down, pressing another kiss to the warm skin of her shoulder. “You look beautiful, nena” he fussed gently as he helped her to her feet.

Catalina’s cheeks warmed a little at the compliment before she pushed herself up onto her toes, stealing a soft kiss before she turned on her heels, padding towards the villa.

Fernando watched after her for a moment before he smiled to himself. Things were good, after a few hiccups at the start of their reconciled relationship, things had finally settled down, and it pleased Fernando who, for a little while, had worried that things between him and Catalina would fall apart.

~#~
“You know, you’ve been out of Madrid for less than a day” Fernando teased as he padded into the living room, sitting down beside Catalina “I think that Esther could survive without you for longer than that” he added, not missing the text which lit up the screen of her phone.

Catalina, who had been responding to Esther’s text, shook her head. “She wanted to tell me that she’d come up with the most amazing wedding gift for the two of us and offer yet another not-so-subtle hint that we’re still to pick a date” she quipped as she placed the phone onto the coffee table, a small sigh falling out of her mouth. It wasn’t the first time that it had been brought up, since Felix had arrived, more and more people had started to fuss about the idea of a wedding, and whilst Catalina was excited by the prospect of marrying Fernando, she didn’t want to feel pressured or pushed into it.

Fernando shook his head. “You know that we don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do, don’t you?” he posed.

“I do” Catalina quipped “I just didn’t realize that so many people were going to fuss so much. We’ve just had a baby” she pointed out gently.

“We have” Fernando confirmed “But people just kind of want to see us happy and a wedding is the ultimate proof of that. We’ve taken a while getting here, Cat, and people just want to see us take that step together” he explained softly.

“I know” Catalina mused softly as she shifted a little, resting her head against his shoulder.

“We could always elope” Fernando quipped, his arm wrapping around her waist.

Catalina snorted. “Like your mother would forgive you for that. You’re her little boy, Nando” she teased, poking his side.

Fernando rolled his eyes a little before he shifted his hands, eagerly tickling Catalina’s sides.

Catalina shifted a little, trying to get away from him, before she descended into a fit of giggles, something which made Fernando smile. He had always loved the sound of her laugh. Relenting slightly, he sat up and waited for her to calm down before he took her hand, pressing a gentle kiss to the back of it. “You know, I would marry you right now if that was what you wanted, Lina” he murmured softly.

“I know” Catalina nodded “And if I could guarantee that no one would get hurt, I’d do it too, but there’s your mother to consider, my padre and that’s without mentioning Esther who would never forgive me if we did this without her. I just need your word that every now and again, we can take a few hours without mentioning a wedding” she quipped, offering him a small smile. It was a tempting idea, eloping and getting it over with, but Catalina didn’t want to hurt the people who were as excited at the prospect of a wedding as she was. They wanted to share in the moment and Catalina didn’t want to take it away from them.

Fernando quirked a small grin and nodded. “I think we can manage that” he quipped gently.

Catalina offered him a soft smile. “What do you think about December 31st?” she posed softly.

“New Year’s Eve?” Fernando quipped.

“It’s a date that I know you’re not going to be away playing” Catalina quipped “And it’s a little romantic no?” she added with a soft smile.

Fernando mulled the suggestion over for a second before he titled his head, not missing the slightly hopeful smile that Catalina wore. “You like the 31st?” he posed.

“I do” she confirmed gently “But if you have something else…”

“The 31st sounds amazing, Cat” Fernando interjected softly “Though, it does mean you only have 5 months to plan it. Is that going to enough?” he posed.

Catalina snorted. “With your mother and Esther determined to help with everything? I think we’re going to be OK” she teased sarcastically.

Fernando spared a laugh before he pressed another kiss to the back of her hand. “December” he murmured softly “I think I like it” he quipped.

Catalina offered him a soft smile before she pressed a kiss against his cheek, already looking forwards to the day that they got married.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 for the comment :)