Chapped Lips and Cold Kisses

Snow and Tattoos

It was another day at Helsinki tattoo, and another appointment for Ville Valo. He was getting the band logo tattooed across his pelvis, which took more than one session. Melena perked up when she looked at the schedule and saw his name. It was always fun seeing her best friend at her place of work. She hadn’t seen him in a few days due to stuff he had going on with the band.

His appointment was for 12:00 pm, but he didn’t walk in until a quarter past.
“I’m sorry, but the snow.” He said hurriedly as soon as he walked in. Melena shrugged, it’s not like she was the tattoo artist. She was merely the shop’s piercing expert. She got up from behind the desk to hug her best friend of six years. He squeezed her super tight and kissed her forehead, “It’s been too long, kulta.”

Mela laughed, “it’s only been a week.”

Ville shrugged, “So where’s Kris?” He asked about the tattoo artist that was going to finish up his work in progress.

“He’s in back,” Mela said, “I’ll go get him.” She started towards the back room where the employees hung out during their breaks and when drawing up tats.

“Wait!” Ville called before she could get too far, “How long are you working today?”

“Until 16:00,” Mela replied, “why?”

“I want to hang out when you’re done, of course. I haven’t seen my girl in a week!”

Mela blushed at Ville calling her his girl. ‘If only’ Mela thought.

“I think I can fit you into my schedule Mr. Valo. Now let me go get Kris.” She winked at him before heading to the backroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was now 14:00 and Ville had just finished getting his tattoo. Mela had cleaned the shop up a bit and had a tongue and a nose to pierce. Then she just hung around Ville and Kris as they chatted. It was a Sunday and the shop was pretty dead. Mela still had two hours of work left, and Ville planned on hanging around until she was done.

“You really don’t need to sit here, Ville. I promise to call you as soon as I get out and we can meet up somewhere.” She told him, feeling bad for her friend.

“I have nothing else to do. I will wait for you.” He responded.
“EW you guys are sick.” Kris called from the back, “Mela, just take your guy and leave! I’ll take care of your stuff.”

Mela walked to the back, “Are you serious? I can stay, it’s no problem.”

“I’m as serious as a heart attack,” he replied wittily, “now get the fuck outta here.”

Mela smiled as she grabbed her purse and coat from the shelf, “Thank you so much! I love you!” She kissed Kris’s cheek before returning to the lobby with Ville.

Kris was a long time friend of her dad’s and he is who got her the job in the tattoo shop. First she was in charge of cleaning and making appointments, but then she got certified as a licensed piercer and now she did all three things.

Mela grabbed Ville’s hand, “wait it’s not 16:00 yet!” He said as Mela yanked him outta the shop and onto the snowy Helsinki streets.