Status: In progress.

Adventures of the Playpen

Chapter Four

By the end of the week, Joyce had taken to going to see her friend Isobel daily. They are both stay at home moms, after all. This also means daily visits for the two children.

By the end of said week, Alex still isn't quite sure what to make of the newcomer in his house every day, though he finds himself whining when the boy is taken from his playpen to go home. He can't really say why but he finds himself missing his new friend over the weekend while families are out together and he's with his parents.

He does enjoy the days his daddy is around. He likes playing the game he calls airplane and getting to fly around in the air. He didn't know babies could fly!

He gets to see a lot of people on that day, people he's pretty sure are his family. He gets passed around and cooed at a lot. His Aunt Karen even lets him taste the brightly colored stuff on the top of what they call a cupcake. His mommy yells at her for it but she just laughs and coos at him again.

"Is he getting teeth yet?" His grandma asks now that she's gotten him and he suddenly finds a finger in his mouth, rubbing along his gums. He wished he had more than just one sharp edge poking through so he could bite her. It would serve her right for sticking her finger into his mouth. His mom always says other people's germs are too big for him since he's young. Doesn't this woman get that?

"Not yet but he's getting one. It's just starting to poke through," she answers, cringing a little herself, "It bothers him some but it isn't too bad yet."

Alex whines a little. He wants his mommy or his Aunt Karen. Someone who isn't going to shove their finger in his mouth looking for teeth. Luckily though, his grandmother sits him on the deck and he pushes himself onto his hands and knees, crawling over to his Aunt Karen. His mom has gotten up not, messing in his diaper bag so he hopes she's getting him a bottle ready. He likes those.

He lets himself fall back onto his bottom, grunting up at her and reaching his arms up, opening and closing his hands. She laughs and leans down, picking him and holding him up in the air slightly, "Alexander, you are such a handsome little man." she says.

He lets out a squeal, grinning at he stuffs his hand into his mouth to chew on. He loves to be adored. And these people keep giving him plenty of it. He loves it.

He likes his family and the time to spend with his daddy, but he kind of wants to know where his Jack is at.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alex is starting to like Jack!