Status: In progress.

Adventures of the Playpen

Chapter Five

The next day, Alex is dressed up in fancy clothes before he's taken to some place where a bunch of people coo over him before they all sit in long seats and listen to some man talk. He spits up on his outfit halfway through. Oops.

That night, he gets to watch football with his daddy on the couch which ends up with his mom yelling at his dad because he'd yelled out in victory over the game which made Alex cry. Then his daddy mumbled something about 'women' and gave him a speech over how when he grows up, he better make sure whoever he marries likes football, too.

He thinks maybe he should keep that in mind.

Before too long, Alex gets his nightly bottle and falls asleep on the couch with his dad. He only wakes up twice during the night; once for a bottle and once because he had a poo diaper. He really doesn't like those.

The next morning, they fall back into their weekday morning routine. Alex is sitting on his blanket on the floor in front of the tv playing cartoons that has him fascinated by bright colors when the front door opens. Normally he isn't concerned at all with it, but right now, he's trying to find out where his friend is.

Exactly what he'd been expecting and maybe hoping, he spots the brunette woman walking into the house, baby on her hip. He screeches immediately, lifting his small arms toward the pair. Okay, maybe he likes the kid more than he thought. At least he's someone who's his age and gets what he means when he grunts or whines.

Okay, maybe it's not quite so bad to not be the only baby that is being cooed over.

He decides right then that he does like Jack. He'd found that even attending all of the events of the weekend with his parents, he'd really missed sharing his playpen with the other baby, even though he dislikes the baby jail.

Jack claps his hands on him as soon as he's sat down beside him, smacking him on his arm and chest but he doesn't mind too much. Jack is much more of a vocally happy baby and Alex finds him amusing. In fact, he makes him laugh quite often.

Alex wants to show Jack he's happy to see him as well, just as Jack had, so he tries to give Jack a kiss like he's seen the big people do - he hears that's a way to show affection. Unfortunately all he manages to do is open his mouth against Jack's onesie covered shoulder before promptly falling on his face in the playpen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Super short chapter this time but we'll have some longer ones soon :)